Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's improved or cured his/her acne by eliminating dairy?

33 posts in this topic

Please respond if you've had some success with this and describe what type of acne you have and how severe it was...

Thanks!

jc,

:lol: HOLY MOLY!!!! I just read your log! You are my new god.

I see that bart1986 had some success by giving up dairy (see his post)...

anyone else??? anyone???

This is my first day without it so we'll see how it goes.... smile.gif

Not me. About 3 weeks of it. Nothink so Im gunna start drinking gallons of milk again. Love that stuff smile.gif

egg03064.gif

first day today. also giving up bread and stuff like that. so my old favourite cheese and ham sandwiches are out of the question sad.gif

what about chocolate? does that count?

also, what does everyone have for breakfast? can't have cerial and can't have toast ?!!

Science Lesson of the day

You've all taken science and learned about pH levels right? Quick review:

Acid = Bad

Alkaline = Good

Foods can be broke down into Acid, Alkaline, and Neutral. Believe it or not, your body is affected by the pH levels in food and your body changes accordingly. What's the pH in your body? Have you checked? There seems to be a direct correlation between pH and acne, as acidity is known to cause a wide range of side effects, including acne.

Check out this page: http://www.reynoldsoffice.com/ph.htm

Now where is milk on this chart? Think about it!

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

Then that would mean water is very beneficial. What about tap water?

>>Just another acne sufferer looking for permanent relief<<

I have given up dairy and my skin looks better. I used to eat loads of butter, milk and slices of cheese.

I drink soy milk with organic museli, together with rice flakes with psyllium - yumm!

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you don't like cereal(Heaven forbid) then eat fruit and a piece of toast (not white bread).

"As you think, so you are. As you imagine, so you become"

Okay, this is my third day now without any dairy. My skin's been HORRIBLE for about 4 months straight now, but today I have no new breakouts and my skins looks a tiny bit better -- only being the third day, it's probably a coincidence. But after 4 months, I'm happy with one day of coincidence so far. So I'm going to continue no dairy and see what happens.

P.S. I like Soy Milk in some stuff, but not cereal. I've been putting Almond Milk in my cereal and I like it much better. Down side: even more $$$ than soy milk #-o . Oh well...

Anyone else having any success with the no dairy diet?

Ive given up milk but I havent being doing so great in the past few days. Today I drank a milkshake and on Sunday I ate tons of chocolate so I broke out a little, but I think that'll be my last "binge" for a while.

But other than that, my skin has never looked better!

Blitzjade,

Dairy tastes so good! sad.gif

Okay, this is my 4th day now without dairy and my skin looks good again today. Pimples I've had for a while now have been going away and no new breakouts today again. I still feel like this is too good to be true...too soon to tell...

Here are some other related goodies:

1) Another good nondairy product, besides Almond milk: Silk brand French Vanilla soymilk creamer for coffee. Yum...

2) I have a really good-tasting recipe for vegan French toast if anyone is interested... (it's not "pretend good" like a lot of vegan recipes ha ha)

3) I'm finding that vinegar works better for me than Retin-A Micro, benzaclin, and other topicals.

4) I stopped using Cetaphil lotion cleanser because I don't like the filmy feeling it leaves on my skin (it's the moisturizing/softening effect that a lot of people do like). I started using Neutrogena bar soap. I threw away the package, but it's just the basic unscented sensitive skin one that's orange-y colored and translucent.) It leaves my skin neither filmy moist nor gross dry. People who don't like Cetaphil might try it...

Anyone else having success with giving up dairy???

i have not given up dairy for say but i have completely stopped drinking milk.

milk is really bad for my skin. i remember just last summer, i drank milk and cerealy every day, and my skin just got fuked up. but once i stopped drinking milk, my skin got so much better.

i still do eat cheese and yogurt and stuff, but i never drink milk.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

thats how hard i fight acne!

I'm so encouraged to see that a number of people are doing well -- skin-wise -- off dairy. I'm really hoping that these good effects I'm seeing are going to last and that this isn't just a fluke. [-o<

7th day now off dairy and my skin is almost totally clear. This has to be too good to be true. If you could see how HORRIBLE my skin has looked over the past 4 months....

PLEASE LET IT LAST!

^ =D> Keep it up!

(Not to rain on your parade, but remember that it could be a number of different factors. But for you, dairy definitely seems to be one of them! Woohoo!)

7th day now off dairy and my skin is almost totally clear.  This has to be too good to be true.  If you could see how HORRIBLE my skin has looked over the past 4 months....

PLEASE LET IT LAST!

:: what would you buy? ::

1 - the ugly colored and graved with bird shit all over it, but Porsche/Lamborgini shaped car what could take you like a jet plane?

2 - or the amazing static red colored shiny, with the green glow under the car but is shaped like a lame cube where old folks drive in?

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] the same goes for acne and the girls who choose the guy's [image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

ps: I don't know cars, only girls... but you got the point.

^  =D>  Keep it up! 

(Not to rain on your parade, but remember that it could be a number of different factors.  But for you, dairy definitely seems to be one of them!  Woohoo!)

hmm. we probably all have some sort of intolerance of lactose, some just more than others. Think about in an evolutionary standpoint - how many of our prehistoric ancestors do you think were out there suckling cows?!

99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)

---------------------------

Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution

3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)

Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night

CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation

* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)

Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

hmm. we probably all have some sort of intolerance of lactose, some just more than others. Think about in an evolutionary standpoint - how many of our prehistoric ancestors do you think were out there suckling cows?!