Photo

Sulfacet R or any other sulfur prescriptions?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mel0809

Mel0809

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow. I've tried so many things.. doxy, differin, benzaclin, neobenz, finacea, klaron, purpose, mostly all of the otc bp gels, queen helene masks, neutrogena products.. and my mild-moderate acne has yet to really improve. So I'm thinking about asking my dermatologist about a prescription with sulfur? I've read some success with sulfacet-r. Just wondering if anyone has had any success with a sulfur prescription.. preferably topical.

#2 zen.garden

zen.garden

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:37 AM

I'm using Klaron right now, which I think is the same thing as Sulfacet R. I started it last Wednesday and after five days my skin is REMARKABLY improved. I had tons of red, irritated, scabby places all over my cheeks and they are just gone. The lotion doesn't sting or burn like all the other topicals I've used. I just noticed that you used Klaron before - maybe I'm wrong about them being the same thing, but I thought Sulfacet R was just another brand name for the same medicine.

I can't attribute all of this to the Klaron - I'm also taking 150mg of spiro a day (the derm just upped it from 50mg) and 2 weeks of Ampicillin. Still, something about this is working and I'm really excited about my progress.

#3 ShirleyB

ShirleyB

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

I think Sulfacet R is Klaron PLUS sulfur....My derm just prescribed me Clenia which is a wash of sodium sulfacetamide with sulfur...I've yet to try it but I'll let you know....surflur's supposed to be a keratolytic agent....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

#4 bran88

bran88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:32 PM

Clenia also makes an emollient cream that contains 5% sulfur. I don't use the wash but I do love the cream (I found that the wash was bit drying...) good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users