oily skin

1 reply to this topic

#1 unforgiven2

unforgiven2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:51 PM

he specifically mentions in his book that retinoids plus some other topicals cleared up his acne, yet he does not recommand retinoids or really get into the topic of retinoids at all. he does not mention anything about bp in his book, yet his website sells a bp topical lotion as one of its main acne fighting formulations. one patient that he mentions in his book as a success story had never suffered from acne before, until mid 30s when she hits the top of her career, with a shitty diet, clearly a stress-induced case of acne breakout rather that the classical acne vulgaris. i think his book is really meant for older people who dont have oily skin and suffer less from genetic and more from their habits. at least thats my insight.

#2 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:48 AM

it does seem like he's geared his regimen towards older, more mature skin. the teenage boy he started on his diet was also told to use BP for active acne. and Dr. P's first book was about preventing wrinkles. it is strange that he used retinoids but he does say that a lot of people cannot tolerate the side effects.

i'm guessing if you can't take "traditional" treatments, prescription or OTC then he might be suggesting that this regimen might work better for you.

i think the underlying lesson is that at any age we can minimize inflammation. it has worked for people in their teens (xgamerx and his friends) as well. i've found for myself that it works better for the drier parts of my face, cheeks.

its just too bad that not everybody can talk to him one-on-one. there could be other factors that we're overlooking that only he would recognize clinically. or maybe other suggestions that he might be able to give.

also, he's a smart business man. although he pushes for anti-inflammatory, he's also tapping into the usual OTC sales because that still works for a large part of the population. who wouldn't?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users