Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinderella

My face after 5 1/2 month Ciscutan (Accutane)

19 posts in this topic

Now I am finished with my Ciscutan (Accutane) therapy and I am really really afraid that everythings coming back in a few weeks or month.

At the moment my skin is "okay" and I´m able to go out without make up, that was one of my greates wishes ... but for how long? As I started my therapy I thought this is the only way to stop the acne, to make my skin clear. And now? I´ve heard so often from other peoples thta the acne came back after a few month :( I dont want to take the pills again :confused:

post-88882-1227726811_thumb.jpg

post-88882-1227726838_thumb.jpg

post-88882-1227727054_thumb.jpg

post-88882-1227727138_thumb.jpg

post-88882-1227726811_thumb.jpg

post-88882-1227726838_thumb.jpg

post-88882-1227727054_thumb.jpg

post-88882-1227727138_thumb.jpg

What you dont know is that your scars are beautiful

Now I am finished with my Ciscutan (Accutane) therapy and I am really really afraid that everythings cames back in a few weeks or month. At the moment my skin is "okay" and I´m able to go out without make up, that was one of my greates wishes ...

looks like it did the trick you look great.

Great skin :)

Accutane - July 28th '08 - November 28th 08 - my log at http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=206511

Acne Free since December 2008! THANK YOU ACCUTANE!

Current Daily Regimen

Morning & Night

Cleanse with Dove Sensitive Skin Cleanser

Immediately moisturize with Dove Sensitive Skin Day Lotion

Nivea For Men Energizing Scrub 4x a week - after gym... and moisturize right after.

" Never mind what haters say, ignore 'em 'til they fade away. "

isnt that freakin weird that our "goal" is to not have to wear makeup 24/7. i hate that. like so many ppl just hop out of bed and go to class or go out with no makeup. but like for alot of us its like, a daily ritual....wake up. sneak to the bathroom, wash, tone, lotion, concealer, foundation, bronzer. lol and do it all over again at night. well minus the makeup at night.

but like. so many ppl with nice skin just dont even worry about any of that. i just want to be able to go out in public without doing my makeup "ritual". so week 1 of accutane down....uhhh 19 left? woot woot

5 month accutane 60 mg/day

done on 4/18/09

thx to all for your words .... now i am able to wake up .... just wash my face ... a little bit of my cream against the red skin and than ... yes i am finish and can go out .... but every morning i am looking for new spots :( ....

@ NJ collegegril

give your skin time ... give accutane time to work ....

isnt that freakin weird that our "goal" is to not have to wear makeup 24/7. i hate that. like so many ppl just hop out of bed and go to class or go out with no makeup. but like for alot of us its like, a daily ritual....wake up. sneak to the bathroom, wash, tone, lotion, concealer, foundation, bronzer. lol and do it all over again at night. well minus the makeup at night.

but like. so many ppl with nice skin just dont even worry about any of that. i just want to be able to go out in public without doing my makeup "ritual". so week 1 of accutane down....uhhh 19 left? woot woot

At least you get to cover up your spots :)

Us guys have to manage without the make-up (N)

Current Regimen

Morning and Night: Cetaphil gentle cleanser, cetpaphil moisturizer

@ paper mario

of course you can use make up aswell, why not? there are ways to make the make up look natural (for boys) in one community in austria, there are many boys with acne who cover their skin ... in my opinion there is nothing wrong if you cover your spots ...

Skin looks great, especially in that last pic. Congrats!

Finished my fifth course of Accutane on May 1st, 2009. Currently taking 40mg twice a week as a maintenance dose.

My Accutane Progress & Pictures ... Feel free to PM me questions, comments, hatemail, etc.

I know how hard the first weeks are .... in the first 2 month i never imagine to have a skin like today ... at the end of the third month i was acne free and i have had only the red skin from the acne ... and this is now better

Yesterday i saw my uncle after 10 month again and his first words were "oh my god, what happen to your skin, it looks great" ... its so good to here somethung lie this, because I think I lost my sensation for a good skin.

Could you post a pic prior to tane?i appreciate it very much!

btw you look amazing

╭———╮

│╯╰ ï¼

│ å£ã€€ ├┬—╮

╰——┬╯│╭╯

╯ ╯╰—

你必须自己开始。å‡å¦‚你自己ä¸ä»¥ç§¯æžçš„爱去深入生存,å‡å¦

‚ä½ ä¸ä»¥è‡ªå·±çš„æ–¹å¼åŽ»ä¸ºè‡ªå·±æ­ç¤ºç”Ÿå­˜çš„æ„义,那么对你æ¥è¯´ç”

Ÿå­˜å°±å°†ä¾ç„¶æ˜¯æ²¡æœ‰æ„义的。

I am very sorry .. I do not have any pic from my while I was in the bad time :( ... i could not stand any pics from me in this time ...

thx to all for your words .... now i am able to wake up .... just wash my face ... a little bit of my cream against the red skin and than ... yes i am finish and can go out .... but every morning i am looking for new spots :( ....

@ NJ collegegril

give your skin time ... give accutane time to work ....

Hi.

I'm at the stage where I still have acne scars and I am considering accutane, but I want to say to you now that they've gone, please stop worrying. Enjoy life, girl do all the things you wantes to do before but couldn't. Don't be paranoid about it; i've found many times that when you focus too much on one thing they tend to appear. Like for example once when went to try on some makeup the assistant told me my skin wasn't so bad, and that at least it wasn't bumpy,. I thought oh yeah but then began to become paranoid about it, and guess what, I now have big spots too along with my scars. :( But anyway, please enjoy your life, eat healthy exercise...enjoy. :D

Although, having said all that, I don't know how I would react if these things ever disapear. I've had it for so long (13, now 25) then i'm afraid I wouldn't know how to be without it. would still go around as if I had acne :(

Btw, where you told not to wear makeup during accutane?

Trying to find my way back to being me!

@ poupeejolie2

of course you can wear make up during accutane .... i have a great make up which is oil and parfum free ... it looks real natural and is for sensible skin .....

I do my best to think positiv ... to enjoy the live .... not think about the bad times during acne .... now i am able to go out without make up and feel great ... so I will just live for the day and not think about tomorrow ... if the acne cames back, I cant do anything about it so I just think the acne is never coming back :D

during my accutane therapy i used the Clinique stay true make up ... its great in my opinion ... its oil and pafum free and for sensitive skin ....