Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARYGRASS

does vaseline fade body scars

4 posts in this topic

does vaseline (white petroleum jelly) fade scars on the legs and stuff because im trying it right now but it started to fade a little bit but has anyone tried it for more than 3 to 4 weeks and did it work for them?

It helps fade red marks left from all kinds of injuries to the skin but I am not sure about other types of scarring (keloidal, hypopigmented, etc). I doubt petrolatum jelly would do anything for keloidal or hypopigmented scars. The vaseline helps protect wounded skin and maintains moisture in and around the wound without macerating it so that's one reason why the vaseline helps certain kinds of wounds heal better with less scarring.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

i think needling is what you want. if you mean redness, then sun and time will fade it to white.

dermaroller to make the whiteness less.