972 replies to this topic

#41 Brad22

Brad22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (crzyakta @ Dec 3 2008, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lamarr, when did you notice the most positive results (ie was it after the LED treatments, or after the 5 rolling session etc)

Also, how was your scarring before? It doesnt look like it could have been that severe

thanks

I'm debating on getting an LED also, I had a fraxel repair treatment 5 weeks ago (just a spot treatment) and getting another one done in Feb.

#42 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (crzyakta @ Dec 3 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lamarr, when did you notice the most positive results (ie was it after the LED treatments, or after the 5 rolling session etc)

Also, how was your scarring before? It doesnt look like it could have been that severe

thanks

I'm not being funny or anything but i keep repeating myself lol.... I noticed much better improvement after i started the LED therapy. I was having dermaroller done the same and everything else was kept the same.

Now i'm not gonna keep saying just use the LEDs because i don't see why i should convince people, either take my word for it that it gives you MUCH better results than you would get without it, or don't.

I wouldn't be here saying use LEDs unless they actually worked well for me and i was certain of it. It is why i haven't posted about it before, i waited to ensure my results were enhanced due to the LEDs.

For as little as what 200 dollars? i see it as one of the best investments you can make in tackling your acne scarring. Just remember alone they aren't going to do much to your scars, combine them with a decent topical and decent scar revision technique that aims to induce collagen production, then you WILL get some nice results, even if said scar revision technique provided you with little or no results before, with light therapy it can and will.

#43 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me
  • Interests:Ive lost interest in everything now.

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

Lamarr,do you needle each scar to the point where a scad would form?

Could you give me a rough guide to how many times you would needle each scar before dermarolling?

#44 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

I needle a small say 1-2mm diameter scar about 20-30 times? just keep gently doing it as many times as you can. The swelling will eventually mean that you can't really make out the scar anyway, so start at the bottom of the scar working up round the borders then work within the borders. Just basically do it as many times as you can. until you have a nice blood clott forming. I don't really scab though no...

#45 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me
  • Interests:Ive lost interest in everything now.

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

Thanks lamarr

#46 Franklins Tower

Franklins Tower

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ Nov 25 2008, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want you ALL to begin using light therapy and dermaroller/needling. You can get yourself a whole "kit" for perhaps 750 dollars and you will get better results than anything else...

Here is a pic of my skin now

http://img81.imagesh...dsc00109pk1.jpg

What i have been doing for the past year is having dermaroller done every 6-8 weeks and and needling individual scars with 4mm diabetic 33guage needles. I use a 1mm stopper to prevent it penetrating th full 4 mm.

I then use terproline twice per day. My dual 660/880nm array from the LED man and my 96 led yellow array from the LED man. 5 mins with the dual array 3 mins with the yellow.

You will need EMLA for doing dermaroller at home, many people don;t realise ho agressive you need to be and waste their time rolling every day or every week. Every month would be the most i would ever consider if you are rolling properly.

Take your vitamin C aswell...

good luck guys, you can beat your scars just think outside the box. It is no coicidence that i have beaten so many skin issues. I try things that most haven't thought of or try it in an inovative way till i get the results i want.

Will this work for hypertrophic scars?

#47 Jannn

Jannn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

hey lamar,

how did u get 33G diabetic needles?

#48 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

I just searched really hard, i provided a link to them the other day, they took me a long time to find because sometimes the lancets are more like the end of a knife which is obviously not suitable.. They are ones used on the end of 'pens' to prick the finger i believe. They measure 4mm (think they claim they are 5mm though) and i insert about 3 mm at all different angles within the scar, paying close attention to the border of the scar.

I may have been wrong in saying 33g, i will check when i go home from uni. These are the ones i have at home....

http://www.glucoseme...short5mm31G.htm

#49 indigenous

indigenous

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

Sorry, but what is the termoline or emlo... whatever stuff? Also, I have a blue/red light machine- but you said YELLOW light!? Huh? Did I get the wrong ones?

Well- I applaud you, I do believe WE are the ones that will eventually cure ourselves- since we care the most. I have been needling and applying tca to several small areas and I KNOW they work because I've seen it happen, but there is a limit. One of the scars I just had excised was one I'd improved with needling- but it was obviously never going to come all the way up to the surface.

I believe we have to use several different methods and the tincture of TIME to get skin we are happy with. Good going Lamar- I wish you continued success.

#50 crzyakta

crzyakta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:check me out on myspace:<br /><br />www.myspace.com/crzyakta

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

indigenous, the EMLA is just numbing cream to do the rolling with less pain...the terproline is a cream that assists in wound healing and collagen building

#51 Rudex

Rudex

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (lamarr1986 @ Dec 4 2008, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I needle a small say 1-2mm diameter scar about 20-30 times? just keep gently doing it as many times as you can. The swelling will eventually mean that you can't really make out the scar anyway, so start at the bottom of the scar working up round the borders then work within the borders. Just basically do it as many times as you can. until you have a nice blood clott forming. I don't really scab though no...

Hi Mark,
I have one dude, Do you needle only in your bigger scars or all?. I would like to see any picture of needles and stoppers.
And another thing, Do you use terproline post-LightTherapy?. BRD advise me, I should use the light therapy with clean skin, for better penetration. So, I use cleaner and get the Led REd/IR and later use terproline. Do you use in this way or opposite?.
Regards.

#52 jimhouse

jimhouse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:43 AM

This may sound stupid but..

Can I use a pin for needling?

#53 Jannn

Jannn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

i wouldnt risk it man, i mean you gotta be sure its sterilized. and the diameter is not more than 0.25 cm or mm? or u'll risk scarring. I read that in Phillipa Mccaffrey's website (founder of needling in australia).

better stick with diabetic needles or more so, rollers.

I just ordered terproline, the two handheld Leds, and dermaroller. should start my regime soon. At the moment im just scared of possible hyperpigmentation, since i got asian skin and I'm prone with hyperpigmentation.. but hopefully the needle's low diameter will handle it. But if it doesn't then retin-a will help cover the hyperpigmentation.

So, dermaroll -> Bactroban for 24 hours ->after 24 hours terproline -> then use LEDS straight after.

Then use the LEDs everyday. with terproline twice a day or just in the morning and then retin-a at night.

Is this correct lamarr?

cheers

#54 jamie10

jamie10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

Jann, I am sure what you are proposing is absolutely fine, I believe the retin A just at night and then terproline in the morning is your best bet. Using the LEDS every night to hit the area for 5 minutes will be good. The fact you have asian skin shouldnt matter too much. I know many asians have had dermaroller treatment, but of course everyone is different. Try the dermaroller out on a test patch. Be careful with retin A very soon after the dermaroller. Maybe wait til the redness is gone, i.e. 3-5 days before using it....

Lamarr:

I am considering buying a big unit off the LED man that has all three LEDS on it (red, infrared and yellow).

Has anyone considered getting this done? It seems like a good option. You can get a panel that bends so it can hit the face at all angles at once. With the three LEDS working together at the same time, you could get everything done at once I assume? I don't know if there are problems using too many wavelengths at the same time...

#55 v_singh

v_singh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:38 AM

hi lemarr in another topic you said

'On a side note, i started growing some stuble to cover alot of my scars, i actually quite like the look and keep very short stuble all the time now.... '

does this mean that you still have alot of visible scars ??

also is there any chance you could take that photo of yourself in harsh lighting that you said you were gonna do in post #21

thanks

#56 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (jamie10 @ Dec 6 2008, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jann, I am sure what you are proposing is absolutely fine, I believe the retin A just at night and then terproline in the morning is your best bet. Using the LEDS every night to hit the area for 5 minutes will be good. The fact you have asian skin shouldnt matter too much. I know many asians have had dermaroller treatment, but of course everyone is different. Try the dermaroller out on a test patch. Be careful with retin A very soon after the dermaroller. Maybe wait til the redness is gone, i.e. 3-5 days before using it....

Lamarr:

I am considering buying a big unit off the LED man that has all three LEDS on it (red, infrared and yellow).

Has anyone considered getting this done? It seems like a good option. You can get a panel that bends so it can hit the face at all angles at once. With the three LEDS working together at the same time, you could get everything done at once I assume? I don't know if there are problems using too many wavelengths at the same time...

That is a fine idea, only thing is you need to make sure he makes all three frequencies switchable.... You can't really run the yellow and red/infra red together because you would overexpose with the yellow... Other than that i don't see too much of a problem, you could always switch the yellow off after 3 minutes and leave the other two going for longer.

I mean who knows if their is any advantage to using them seperately, probably not...

QUOTE (v_singh @ Dec 6 2008, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi lemarr in another topic you said

'On a side note, i started growing some stuble to cover alot of my scars, i actually quite like the look and keep very short stuble all the time now.... '

does this mean that you still have alot of visible scars ??

also is there any chance you could take that photo of yourself in harsh lighting that you said you were gonna do in post #21

thanks

No i have very little scarring i just like the stuble look, have been rocking it for about 18 months now....shaving use to irritate my skin very badly after accutane. Mepacrine has stopped this but like i said i like the stuble. I will take a pic when i get home from uni like i said....I can't replicate the lighting unless i am at home where i took some previous pics.

QUOTE (icaretohelp @ Dec 7 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lamaar i am prone to flushing these days ( due to my treatments i have become in general more rosy_)

if i get mecaprine do i just take it as normal..like once a day? will it effect my skin when i needle and such

thanks again

Mepacrine isn't something you will get for some rosey cheeks... It is an anti milarial you have to see a professional and even then they have to have knowledge on the drug and your rosacea has to be very bad...

#57 v_singh

v_singh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

cool, thanks for the reply.

i went to see Dr Punjabi and Dr chu at hammersmith hospital about my scaring. Dr Chu stretched my skin in different directions around the scars ... i think he was trying to see if the scar became level with the surrounding normal skin. he then said that i might need TCA cross for the 'fixed' scars. i forgot to ask him what he ment by that but i think he means the scars that did not improve when it they stretched. He also said that my scaring was 'not bad at all' which made feel feel better lol.

what type of scaring did you have, as in were they fixed scars or soft ones that became alot less visible when stretched.

also Dr Punjabi said that the dermaroller should improve the large pores that i have on my cheeks and nose. did you notice any improvment in your large pores ? (if you had any to start of with). im not sure if i should get it done on my nose though as i read in another post that the nose skin is very different

#58 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (v_singh @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cool, thanks for the reply.

i went to see Dr Punjabi and Dr chu at hammersmith hospital about my scaring. Dr Chu stretched my skin in different directions around the scars ... i think he was trying to see if the scar became level with the surrounding normal skin. he then said that i might need TCA cross for the 'fixed' scars. i forgot to ask him what he ment by that but i think he means the scars that did not improve when it they stretched. He also said that my scaring was 'not bad at all' which made feel feel better lol.

what type of scaring did you have, as in were they fixed scars or soft ones that became alot less visible when stretched.

also Dr Punjabi said that the dermaroller should improve the large pores that i have on my cheeks and nose. did you notice any improvment in your large pores ? (if you had any to start of with). im not sure if i should get it done on my nose though as i read in another post that the nose skin is very different

The large poures will be tightened up alot. Also i have scars which can't be stretched out of my skin but they are pretty small, they do respond to the needling and dermaroller but they need quite agressive repeated treatments.

Make sure you get some LED therapy going, use all three wavelengths.

#59 v_singh

v_singh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:33 PM

cool ... im definalty getting the leds as you seem to have had great sucess with them ... also terproline

#60 crzyakta

crzyakta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:check me out on myspace:<br /><br />www.myspace.com/crzyakta

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

lamarr, I just got my two handhelds (880/660 and yellow), my questions are this, did you use LEDs everyday (7 days a week 365/year)?

Also how did you hold them up to your face, did you make a bracket etc?

Finally, I was thinking 10 min 880/660 on one side of the face and yellow on the other for 6 min

Then switch the 880/660 to the other side of the face with yellow swapped as well, does that sound okay?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users