3 replies to this topic

#1 AcnePwns

AcnePwns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

I know glycolic acid works great for red marks but how is it for indented scars? I have ice pick and rolling scars.

And is it a good idea to start using glycolic peel on a pimple right after it dies and turns into a redmark to prevent it from scarring during the healing process? Or should I wait until the red mark to fade before treating it?

Also is it safe to use these peels while Im on the regimen?

#2 AcnePwns

AcnePwns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (g0tVTEC @ Nov 24 2008, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know glycolic acid works great for red marks but how is it for indented scars? I have ice pick and rolling scars.

And is it a good idea to start using glycolic peel on a pimple right after it dies and turns into a redmark to prevent it from scarring during the healing process? Or should I wait until the red mark to fade before treating it?

Anybody?

#3 luvskincare13

luvskincare13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

I don't believe that gylcolic acid will help with scarring. I have done many at high percentages over the years and I did not notice any improvement. And my scarring is said to be shallow.

#4 just another1

just another1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

gotvtec, you can expect gylcolic acid treatments of 30% and better to improve the "appearance" of your scarring. It will fade freckles, spots caused by sun damage and give your skin an even overall looking tone.

I have used 30% glycolic acid daily, overnight ( it can take a little bit of time to be able to use it like that) for months on end. My skin looked great overall. The scars will not go away/disappear but over all things will look much better.

It takes some time ( perhaps 1 to 2 months of daily treatments) for you to start seeing decent results, so don't be impatient.

You may want to start looking into "dermaroller" therapy to alleviate your scarring. I'm currently putting the items together for my treatment which will include dermarolling. glycolic acid treatment ( 30% to 40% ..haven't decided) copper peptides ( I'm in the USA and don't have terproline available to me) and LED lighting.

There are a few recent threads dealing with these subjects. You may want to start reading through them to bring yourself up to speed.

Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users