Photo

How long does it take a pimple to form?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

I've been trying to figure this one out. I know there probably isnt a REAL solid answer cause it has to be next to impossible for someone to figure this one out. However, on the Neutrogena website it they say 6-8 weeks (and they have a whole list of Derms that work for/with them). On Sage SKin Care site it says 90 days!!! And on a few other sites it seems to be 2-3 weeks. Which one is it? Does anyone know, or have a link to a reliable site/source? On the retin a micro site they say the drug (RAM) will bring stuff to the surgace by the 3rd-6th week, now doesnt RAM speed up the skins natural process. That being said one could assume that it does take a zit to form and rise longer than 3-6 weeks?

#2 smacks487

smacks487

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:18 AM

i've heard people say it takes 2 weeks to a month. at least that's what a lot of people on these boards say.

but i don't know. really, because i have a feeling if i stopped my regimen right now i would break out in 1-2 days

#3 brushie

brushie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:29 PM

my derm hsa told me that it could take UP TO 6 weeks for a pimple to surface....meaning that one that forsm today, you might not see for 6 weeks.

#4 Image101

Image101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:33 PM

I've heard 2-3 weeks and sometimes more, but I feel that pimples form a lot quicker than that.
Acne sux

#5 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:50 PM

I'm leaning on the 6 week thing too

#6 Spintheblackcircle

Spintheblackcircle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:56 PM

I dunno about the whole 4-6 week thing. Maybe that is for specific types of acne. I know that many times I have been out for the night or just random times, and something touches my face or whever and I know a pimple will be there in the morning. You can feel it brewing even though you felt nothing before. The next morning it is there. I'm sure EVERYONE can relate to this.

Maybe it's not for "chonic" or > mild acne? I dunno...

#7 smacks487

smacks487

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:25 PM

ok stop washing your face and start rubbing your hands all over your face for a couple days and see what happens

#8 tabasco

tabasco

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:08 PM

No way it takes that long, perhaps for cystic acne or something. Or maybe its just that putting certain things on your face brings the acne that is there in the first place to the surface much quicker. I know that i had absolutly no acne on my temples for years, cause i was applying bp. However after a week of not using bp, and not really washing my face as much as i should, i got pimples on my temples. It didnt take weeks for these pimples to form, only a few days. Also when i was switching around trying different products i found that after a few days of using something new i would start breaking out. After switching to what always worked for me it would go away afteer a week at most, i wouldnt continue breaking out for weeks after.

#9 dingbat

dingbat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2004 - 09:40 PM

My theory on all this is the whole <insert random number> weeks it takes a pimple to form is only if the cause is internal, ie hormonal, some sort of blood infection, etc.

If the cause is external, such as airborne bacteria (or on something you touched) it would only take a day or two at most.

#10 larkenfoam

larkenfoam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:51 PM

I think they are talking about how long it takes from the pore becoming clogged up until it is an inflamed pimple. Already clogged pores or whiteheads can become full blown pimples in a matter of days.

#11 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:31 PM

exactly

#12 Peter

Peter

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:35 PM

I have been told by my doctor that it takes several weeks. I have read a book by a doctor that said it takes up to 90 days. However, there have been times where something has brushed against a certain part of my face, or something has come into contact with one part of my face, in which a blemish will develp within an hour or so.