This topic is archived.
389 replies to this topic

#1 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:35 AM

I have decided to throw together a website that details my day to day dermarolling experience. Its very detailed describing almost everything I do and everything I use. It has pictures of the topical products, rollers and LED light treatment I am using. It has pictures of me before rolling, day 3's immediate post rolling so people can see what the blood spots will look like and after rinsing my face so they can see what kind of redness they will experience. I will update this periodically with details as to what I did that day that involved my dermarolling. I will be adding before rolling pics periodically to show if there is any improvement or adverse effects.

I am using the
2.0mm Dr. Roller 3 line roller every 4-6 weeks
.75mm Clear Skincare Skin and Scalp Roller
DPL LED Therapy once a day 9 minutes per session
Biore revitalize 4-in-1 self-foaming cleanser
UNT C-Clarity L-Ascorbic Acid
Clear Skincare Copper Peptide Serum
GNC Vitamin C Moisturizing Cream
GNC Vitamin E, A and D Moisturizing Cream
I will be listing all the supplements I am taking later on because there are a lot and I am quite tired since I havent gone to sleep yet and its after 9am sad.gif

I will also be updating the website with questions and answers to things you all are curious about so that people dont keep asking the same questions and they will have 1 source...the front page of the site....to see them.

Will be updated
Misery...set us free
www.myspace.com/peytonthelegend

#2 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:29 AM

Stellar job bro, outstanding. I am dermo rolling along with some other things right now myself. no light treatment for me thou. only done 2 treatments as of yesterday so nothing to report yet.

I'm pulling for you bud, best of luck and I will chime in from time to time.

Peace....

#3 dwainpipe

dwainpipe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:56 AM

Nice one man I'm glad somebody has done this!
Dont you think your maybe doing it a bit too often though... i mean im not sure your really giving your skin a chance to heal and build collagen if your doing 5 days per week!
I have read some sites saying that its ok to do it 5 days in a row but when you do some research you find out that this is not a good idea.
I'm using 1mm once every 4 weeks and maybe 0.5 in between the 4 weeks depending on how i feel as i think this is more progressive!
Either way i wish you the best of luck!
This is real life: nature, struggle, destiny.

#4 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:58 AM

Day 4 before 4th rolling session pics have been posted

These pictures have been taken in a lighting that put the severity of the scars in a better more realistic perspective than my pictures on the 1st page.

Misery...set us free

#5 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (dwainpipe @ Nov 24 2008, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice one man I'm glad somebody has done this!
Dont you think your maybe doing it a bit too often though... i mean im not sure your really giving your skin a chance to heal and build collagen if your doing 5 days per week!
I have read some sites saying that its ok to do it 5 days in a row but when you do some research you find out that this is not a good idea.
I'm using 1mm once every 4 weeks and maybe 0.5 in between the 4 weeks depending on how i feel as i think this is more progressive!
Either way i wish you the best of luck!

Thanks...I am going to try to keep this updated...and it will help keep me motivated to go through the process of rolling when I need to. I am only rolling...or shooting for rolling 4-5 days a week with the .75mm roller...after 3 treatments I feel no discomfort from the rolling by the next morning when I wake up. If I start to feel discomfort I will cut back to every other day with the .75 or maybe 3 days a week consecutively.

Yeah I know the collogen needs time to heal and form but as far as I know from what I have read that the .75 roller doesnt even penetrate to the collogen level and that only 1.5mm and beyond do...which is why I am only going to use the 2.0mm roller every 4-6 weeks. I am using the .75 roller so much just to help my skin better absorb the topicals I am using.

Let me know if your browsers have the alignment of my pages all messed up.....I have tested the pages in Google Chrome and IE 7.0 and everything is fine...but in IE 8.0 everything is just all messed up...so let me know if there r any issues. I havent tested it in Firefox browser

Misery...set us free

#6 nicole0671

nicole0671

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

I just wanted to say Thank You for posting your photos! I wish you all the best and by the way you are a great looking guy no matter what the outcome is!

#7 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

lol thank you....yes I need all the luck I can get...and to get some numbing cream before I use the 2.0mm roller again so I can push down as hard as I need to be pushing down to get max penetration.

Misery...set us free

#8 nicole0671

nicole0671

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:11 AM

I was wondering .. Have you ever tried any other type of procedure like subcision or excision? I'm just wondering because there are so many procedures and it's hard to know what will work the best and what's just a waste of money if you know what I mean.

#9 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:20 AM

No I havent tried anything else other than the apple cider vinager and lemon juice in water deal. I cant say though that i tried it long enough to get results if improvement was possible.
I havent considered anything else other than fraxil and the needling/dermarolling. I'm not paying 1250-1500 per session of fraxil for 7 sessions and only get 20% improvement....thats like having a totalled ferrari and only replacing the grille...yeah you have improved it but...its still screwed...and I would have spent a lot of money in the process for zero satisfaction.

From the 3 years I have been on the forums just reading topics I feel best about the dermarolling. If it doesnt work I will just hold out until something truely worth paying thousands of dollars to have done comes out.
Misery...set us free

#10 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for posting updates man, everything worked fine on the page for me.

I cant afford any of these expensive treatments. the costs are unrealistic. So I am just doing what I can from home. I do plan on getting excision done on a scar or two this winter but other then that its derma roller, some light needling, peels, diet ect... and hope for some results.

Logs are a great way to stay motivated and its a great way to get encouragement and support. I really hope you get some improvement for your effort with this. I think you will get some positives from it.

later...

#11 pogo

pogo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:33 PM

Hey, legend, your scarring looks like mine! Well, except I have scarring on the temples too! Sucks for me. Anyway, I'm like you in that straight on, my face looks decent, but if you look at me from the side or at an angle that's when things get all funky. I notice that when you were trying to show the severity of your scars in your pictures you were sort of dipping your chin into your neck. I do that too when I want to show people how bad my scars can look.

I've had subsicion and laser but the focus was on the scars on my temple. Just for some information, I've been told that it's not good to get excisions on scars on the jawline, why I'm not sure. I haven't gotten a second opinion on that yet, so maybe it's wrong.

Keep up the dermarolling, good luck!

#12 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:37 AM

I'm not going to be rolling again until next weekend since I will be having to go places for thanksgiving and I dont want my face to be hardcore red and for people to see the tracks in my face where I rolled.
Misery...set us free

#13 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (pogo @ Nov 24 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, legend, your scarring looks like mine! Well, except I have scarring on the temples too! Sucks for me. Anyway, I'm like you in that straight on, my face looks decent, but if you look at me from the side or at an angle that's when things get all funky. I notice that when you were trying to show the severity of your scars in your pictures you were sort of dipping your chin into your neck. I do that too when I want to show people how bad my scars can look.

I've had subsicion and laser but the focus was on the scars on my temple. Just for some information, I've been told that it's not good to get excisions on scars on the jawline, why I'm not sure. I haven't gotten a second opinion on that yet, so maybe it's wrong.

Keep up the dermarolling, good luck!

yeah dipping my chin helps loosen up my skin so it really shows them...the tighter my skin the less noticable they r....like on my cheeks and jaws I can just place my finger between my cheek bone and ear and slightly push the skin toward my ear and so many of my scars just disappear from site....my scars are also more noticable right after showering....I guess thats because the water actually dehydrates your skin
Misery...set us free

#14 claisen

claisen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (thelegend @ Nov 24 2008, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I havent tried anything else other than the apple cider vinager and lemon juice in water deal. I cant say though that i tried it long enough to get results if improvement was possible.
I havent considered anything else other than fraxil and the needling/dermarolling. I'm not paying 1250-1500 per session of fraxil for 7 sessions and only get 20% improvement....thats like having a totalled ferrari and only replacing the grille...yeah you have improved it but...its still screwed...and I would have spent a lot of money in the process for zero satisfaction.

From the 3 years I have been on the forums just reading topics I feel best about the dermarolling. If it doesnt work I will just hold out until something truely worth paying thousands of dollars to have done comes out.

Wow, you are brave to be using a 2.0mm on yourself. I was thinking about doing that before I saw how my 1 year Dermarolling progressed. I paid $1500 then (including all the topicals, etc) for 3 sessions. Well, I got about 0 percent improvement and if I had to guess, it made more scars in some areas. My face was bloody, the doc had to use a tissue which became soaking red with blood many times during the treatment. There is noway I could've done 1.5 mm on myself, even with numbing cream & 4 shots to my cheek. Maybe doing it more frequently may give better result - but if I were you, I'd be very careful and check the needles frequently with a magnifying glass. There have been cases here on the news where the needle bends into a hook - completely ruining their faces. Even the doc here using genuine Dermaroller wouldn't use it more than 6 times. I'm not here to rain on your parade, I've also got the 10-25% immediate improvement after needling each time. But they all subsided after a month. What you are witnessing is your skin swelling, softening the scars and new skin-forming. But for me, they all subside within a month. I don't know about doing a 2.0mm everyweek, but doesn't that disrupt the collagen rebuilding, or worse, risk more scarring? I mean if the docs were that greedy, they would be telling us to have fraxels done every week and the doc that needled my face would be more than happy to do a weekly, laughing all the way to the bank - becareful dude, nothing is as easy as it seems. Of course, if it works for you, i may just reconsider *grin* - just kidding - I ain't gonna let those needles get medieval on me again...

I'm gonna try new technology - laser gave me 20/20 eyesight, let see what it can do for my skin...I can't wait any longer, any older, I might as well become old lonely man. I'm trying the 3rd generation fraxels for the 1st time - I know I may get only 20-50% after spending $3000 - but to me would be whole a lot better than the 0% I had spending 1/2 the money for nothing.

Still, I really wish you the best of luck and always check the tips of your needles.

#15 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:27 AM

I'm only going to use the 2.0mm roller every 4-6 weeks...I had plans of using the .75mm roller everyday...then I saw how red I STAY after applying the L-abscorbic acid and copper peptide...so I am gonna go for 3-5 days a week depending on if I have plans to do anything with people....using the 2.0mm roller would be counter productive because the cologen needs time to form instead of constantly being destroyed....the .75mm roller as far as I know cant even penetrate deep enough to affect the collogen...I just use it that often to get better penetration with the topicals I am using.

If I had the money...or nothing better to spend it on I would get Fraxil done...but I just feel that if I took the time to save that kind of money and get less than 60-75% improvement that it wouldnt make me any happier...I mean upgrading my scarring from horrible to very bad just wouldnt make me feel any better about myself...but if I had the money to spend on it I'd do it just to have some hope and something to look forward to whether it really does anything for me or not.

Thanks for telling me about the needles...I will pay closer attention to them while I am inspecting them to see if they are clean after using it.
Misery...set us free

#16 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

I wont be posting new pics until right before the next time I roll this weekend or sunday night
Misery...set us free

#17 claisen

claisen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (thelegend @ Nov 25 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wont be posting new pics until right before the next time I roll this weekend or sunday night

Make sure you get the lighting and angle as consistent as possible and take tons of pictures. I wouldn't have believed my non-progress, after all the time, money & energy I invested if I hadn't closely examine the hundreds of pictures I've taken. Trust me, the placebo effect is a powerful one - hoping to see good results was what had me in denial until I closely look at the photos a year apart. Like some people that doesn't get good results from fraxel, perhaps my skin can't be helped by needling period.

I know about the cost.. I remember when I was 20, accutane was all I could afford. It did cleared up my skin alright when I was on it. It also made my complexion 'better'. But it is a sick, vicious cycle where nothing is permanent and my scars often end up doing not much better than I started.

I tried microdermabrasion (6x) for a year coupled with Obagi treament (costing me close to $1K for the package) and all I ended up with was better complexion for the duration, the end result isn't much different than needling, at least with microdermabrasion, I never got bloody and it didn't hurt like hell.

Then the last 3 months, prior to doing my 1st Fraxel, I did 20+ facial spas here. They also had me buy this and that, ended up spending over $1500 again. In the end, my complexion improved but the scars are there to stay.

So what I'm saying is that all through out this time, I kept hoping for the thing that would fix my scars for minimum cost and end up doing nothing for them. I guess, I should've listened to my dermatologist the 1st day. Do a dermabrasion instead of this fear I have that it would ruin my face forever. Then I look at my face, I mean, the scars are already horrible, I mean, how can it get worse?

I know some of the stuff I've tried may have helped people with very superficial scars, ones that I wish I had and I would never go through these expensive procedures.

Now I'm gonna just do fraxel + dermabrasion combination because that's what all the dermatologist has recommended me do for the longest time for the deep scars I have. I'm sure they are not all out there trying to rip me off. Sometimes I have to take a risk with dermabrasion and that is what I will do. Face it, you need to rub off the scar surface for any noticeable effect. Even my doc told me that fraxel may not get those scars off but they will help with my pores, wrinkles and more shallow scars. But I will try now, and yes, it will cost money. But if you add it up, all that I've tried, I spent more than what I'm about to spend now. And I now know that Fraxel CO2 gives better result, but it also cost 6 times more than Fraxel and 3 times more than dermabrasion here. And if ask various dermatologist, they believe that one CO2 Fraxel equals 2-6 Fraxel:Erbium or Fraxel (2nd generation). So my doc has promised me that I will achieve at least 50% improvement for $3000, and he will do as many fraxel/dermabrasion as it takes for me to achieve a result I'm happy with. I don't think any doc has promised me that before, so at least, he will be doing alot of fraxels for free if I don't get the results I want. Maybe by next year, I'll be here complaining about ineffectiveness of fraxel / dermabrasion. If so, I'd be sharing the results nevertheless.

If I were you, I'd take a close look at dermabrasion. I know there are alot of risk involved, but anything worth doing requires some risk. If you a willing to take a risk with 2.0 mm needles on yourself at home, to me, the risk of dermabrasion isn't much worse. But dermabrasions cost only $450-$800 here for full face. I don't know how much it cost in US, but if it is competitive, and I had to do it all over again, I would've done dermabrasion the 1st day and do my best to take care of the aftermath as possible - that is the most critical part for the success of these procedures (provided that your dermatologist doesn't screw up).

#18 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

Congratulations, you're looking great! Keep it up. I might try dermarolling, too, I just wasn't sure if it would help rolling scars like I have...

#19 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:14 AM

yeah I'm not going to have mercy on myslef and take pics at favorable angles to try to convince myself its working if it isnt...thats why really my 2nd page of pics should be the comparison point to the final results...and I have a room with controlled lighting where I can take the pics at the same angle and lighting....telling myself they are better if they really arent isnt doing myself a favor
Misery...set us free

#20 thelegend

thelegend

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:08 AM

For those of you who have been rolling...tell me if the rolling has had this redness effect on your face....I was very aggressive on my face the last time I rolled over 48 hours ago now...and it looks like I have tank tred tracks on my face...is this normal? It doesnt hurt...its just odd and VERY noticable and eye catching

http://www.atwsports...tredtracksa.jpg
Misery...set us free