Photo

Difference between Pigmented Scars and Blemishes?

red mark

3 replies to this topic

#1 peanutbutterbrother

peanutbutterbrother

man with no eyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Astronomy, Writing, Science-Fiction, Animal Collective, Sourdough Burgers, Taking down the Federal Reserve, Iceland, Rural Landscapes, peace of mind

Posted 22 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

I don't really breakout anymore. I get a pimple here and there (usually have 1-2 active at any given time), but I am still left with these "blemishes". At least thats what I think they are. I mean, they are red marks, some darker than others. But i've also heard of pigmented scars. Blemishes can take months to 1-2 years maybe a little more to go away, while pigmented scars, are self-explanatory, they don't go away. So how does one tell the difference? I've had these "blemishes" for a year now, they don't look like theyre going away anytime soon.

The reason I ask is because, i'd like to start treating them like pigmented scars if thats what they are, and stop treating them with these topical creams (Azelex and Clindagel) assuming theyre going to fade them away. I recently came off my third V-beam treatment, I know its primarily for redness, but does that fade blemishes too? What do I need to do with these things?

#2 peanutbutterbrother

peanutbutterbrother

man with no eyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Astronomy, Writing, Science-Fiction, Animal Collective, Sourdough Burgers, Taking down the Federal Reserve, Iceland, Rural Landscapes, peace of mind

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:50 PM

aw

#3 dossman

dossman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

Try mixing about a 1 to 3 ratio of apple cider vinegar and water with the acv being the 1 in the 1 to 3 ratio and applying it on your face. Let it dry for about 10 mins. and then wash it off. Do this once a day. You should DEF. see fading if its hyperpigmentation (blemishes), If not, get it checked out by a derm. I had blemishises and within two times of doing this, they were almost gone. Good Luck!!!

#4 BigLui

BigLui

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

Well if you want a quick solution.....say in about 7-10 days try a TCA Peel. BUT!!!DO EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ON IT!! There are different strengths for people. I'd say you should start off with 8% and maybe do a layer or two but then again it also depends on your skin color! People with darker skin (like me) have higher risks of discoloration. Basically what the TCA Peel does is burn the top layer of your skin off to reveal fresher younger new looking skin! But you made need 2-3 applications depending on the severity of your scars but I think that for red marks you shouldnt need more than 2 applications.....the downside is that you have to stay home for like 7-10 days while your outter skin peels off but the results are dramatic and great! But then again I have yet to try it right now I'm waiting for my own shipment of 10% TCA to start off with to get rid of my brown spots on my face =D. But remember to really google this stuff up you dont wanna end up scarring your face even more! So be knowledgeable about this before you start it! and Best of Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users