Photo

How to heal acne naturally (it worked for me!)

vitamin vitamins vitamin a biotin beta carotene rosacea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#21 beautifuldoll

beautifuldoll

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

congrats lady. This sounds harmless enough it sounds like it's worth a try. I've saved this page biggrin.gif Can we ssee your before and after picture please if you don't mind?

#22 terradacto

terradacto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (I'mHeather @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm wondering though, since I don't have oily skin, more dry/combo if this would even work for me. Yeah, I am one of those odd ball dry skin sufferers. I mean, it's not really dry but I am definitely not an oily gal.

Hm, well to suffer from acne it has to be oil that is getting clogged in your pores so it would no doubt work. It also has many other benefits.

"Vitamin A is thought to work to improve acne for a number of reasons. It's essential to the growth of new skin tissue and a diet rich in Vitamin A may help the lesions from acne to heal better and faster. Also it's an antioxidant and it helps to strengthen the immune system. Since acne is partly caused by bacteria trapped in the skin's pores Vitamin A may help to combat the growth of the bacteria which leads to the pustule on or just under the surface of the skin. This is done firstly by performing its antioxidant behavior in snatching up free radicals and secondly by giving the immune system that boost so it can send white blood cells to eat up the acne causing bacteria. It's easy to assume that higher dosages of Vitamin A will improve its effects, but there have been studies done that prove the idea false and even show it can be harmful, while the recommended dosages continue to aid the body."

QUOTE (poupeejolie2 @ Dec 5 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
congrats lady. This sounds harmless enough it sounds like it's worth a try. I've saved this page biggrin.gif Can we ssee your before and after picture please if you don't mind?

I don't have any before pics but I could take some after. (I have pics in my profile but they're not close up)

My camera is also a webcam so it wouldn't be the best quality.

#23 Alika

Alika

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

terradacto, could i ask you the brand name of the honey is the you use?

#24 andersoj

andersoj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:00 AM

Your a cutey, congrats on the clear skin!

#25 pb101

pb101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:48 PM

Oh oh!

http://www.cancer.go...final-CARET1204

#26 gMARIAs

gMARIAs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

Those GNC vitamins are $17! Ouch!

I want clear skin, but I can't afford a $17 experiment (and that's the on sale price)

Maybe later when I have more cash-when I graduate from college in June.

I take vitamins now that contain 100% vitamin A (50% as beta-carotene) anyhow and if that's the miracle vitamin that works the wonders, I think I'll pass on these.

#27 rareform

rareform

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

im gonna give this a try. could anyone recomend some other multi vitamins? im male and in canada
thanks

#28 antiac

antiac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Congrats !!

I also cured (few days ago).

Used some methods of this book:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules that you agreed to when signing up.*

Good luck.

#29 poopsue

poopsue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:10 PM

Gotta bump this topic back up. Thanks for the info on this!

Been using a honey mask on my face for about 30 minutes every night for the past week and it seems to make my skin look awesome. Just makes my skin tone a lot more even. I went to Jewel(grocery store) and bought the only organic honey they had and it seems to do the trick.

I just hope this keeps on working

#30 RockingRedhead

RockingRedhead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (poopsue @ Jan 24 2011, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta bump this topic back up. Thanks for the info on this!

Been using a honey mask on my face for about 30 minutes every night for the past week and it seems to make my skin look awesome. Just makes my skin tone a lot more even. I went to Jewel(grocery store) and bought the only organic honey they had and it seems to do the trick.

I just hope this keeps on working

I found this thread like 2 weeks ago and I'm going to follow her routine. I've got 25,000 IU beta carotene, raw organic honey, and baking soda. Armed and ready! starting the BC today. I'm going to try to find a generic version of the hair skin and nails vitamins as there are no GNCs within a 200 mile radius of where I am.

#31 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

i'm a 27 year old male so i'm not sure if it'll will have the same healing effect on me but i'm going to try and start this by the end of the week. at least the honey mask.

can you people recommend the types of honey that seem to be working for you guys>>>

manuka? organic? sterilized?

THANK YOU!

#32 RockingRedhead

RockingRedhead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

I used plain ol honey (it was even in a plastic bear) at first and to be honest I had the most dramatic hyperpigmentation reduction the first time I used that (ovenight). After the first two times I haven't noticed much more fading, or maybe just a little. Now I use organic raw occasionally although this hasn't had any amazing effects.

sito I think the BC is worth a shot smile.gif

#33 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

Thanks RockingRed. i def. will give the BC a shot altho i am a male and i want some other vitamins as well.

My main concern is the Manuka Honey tho. >>> i'd like to know what type is best and if there is a UMF which i shouldn't go above>>

like the Active MGO 400+ (UMF 20+)>?? would that be too strong?? does anyone know?

because i heard you shouldn't go above 18+?

http://www.amazon.co...-...5356&sr=1-1

that's the one i'm thinking of getting.

#34 RockingRedhead

RockingRedhead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:01 PM

what is the UMF thing you are talking about? I have no idea. so sorry no help here. the only thing I know about the manuka honey is that it has the highest concentration of enzymes or whatever.

#35 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

UMF stands for UNIQUE MANUKA FACTOR>>> and is the trademark for the special antibacterial property found in Manuka Honey.

the higher the better supposedly, but i have read that using anything above 18+ for a facial mask is not good so i was just wondering if people can comment on this point.

#36 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:49 PM

anyone currently using manuka honey have a suggestion on what is a good brand or a link to a specific kind??

#37 RockingRedhead

RockingRedhead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

sito how's it going? I've been doing the BC for just over 2 weeks now and to be honest I'm not sure it's had an effect. for the past 2 days I've had the best skin I've had for a while but I've got a lot of other factors going as well.

#38 Sito

Sito

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

i've been slacking.... i haven't done the BC vitamin thing altho i have been eating sweet potatoe chunks daily altho i maybe steaming them a bit too long.

And i plan on getting the Manuka Honey sometime soon with my next paycheck so i reeally can't comment on antyhing new altho my face looks fine (enough for me to feel alright about myself and go on wit my day and enjoy myself)

i'll be in touch soon tho