low-glycemic gluten vegetarian

2 replies to this topic

#1 skinilove

skinilove

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:44 PM

I am trying to go gluten-free and low-glycemic, so I've switched from oatmeal and OJ to eggs and vegetables in the morning. I don't eat PB&J, and without being vegetarian and thus consuming beans all the time, I would be getting no fiber, so at least there's that.
I've hardly pooped since Monday, and I have a couple of flare-ups now that could be stress-induced, but I'm also concerned about what kind of toxins are backing up.
All the latest toughs, you’ve got to shrug them off or shut them off.[/size]

#2 jksl

jksl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

I went 100% gluten free too. That means no ezekiel and manna bread either. Spinach, broccoli, green beans, artichokes, berries, and salba are what i eat for my fiber intake. Lettuce is USELESS. Go for other green leafy veggies.

I used to take flaxseeds instead of salba, but i stopped because of the high phytoestrogen content. I suspect that it (and dairy) contributed to my breakout of neck acne. I only just started salba and it's hard to tell if it's contributing to my neck acne. I just wish i knew how much phytoestrogens it contains.

If you're backed up, you can always try a P&B shake (a mix of psyllium husk and bentonite clay). It might not be a good idea to use it everyday though. You don't want to become dependent on it.

over consumption of dairy, whether or not you're allergic or intolerant to it, can make you constipated. The casein in milk is pretty much like glue. Might want to look into that.

What i did was cut out all of the top food allergens (http://www.mayoclini...lergies/AA00057). Then, i added one top food allergen into my diet for 2 weeks to see what would happen. One at a time, until i figured out what i was intolerant too. Milk, Eggs, Soy, and Wheat are out of the question for me. My only reaction to eggs is indigestion and gas. I can tolerate peanuts, treenuts, fish, and shellfish, but i stay away from peanuts and shellfish because i don't like them. I'm slowly clearing up now. By far, dairy and soy were the worst.

#3 juicebox

juicebox

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

well i take fiber1 bars cuz their hella good and fiber is an essential part of our diet.. but still that only makes up for 35% of your daily needs.. the rest i get from RASBERRIES and APPLES (which i eat for no other reason but for their large amounts of fiber)

google search foods high in fiber thats what i did...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users