147 replies to this topic

#141 BeadyB

BeadyB

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

I'm obviously very late on this thread. I have a similar story, although I'm female, so the hormonal aspect is a bitch. lol

Got a skin infection from a pimple when I was 19. I got my treatments, and moved on. Still not washing my face except for in the shower. I got a few more spots when I was 20 and I saw a derm. She said I "suffered" from adult onset acne. I was prescribed antibiotics, washes, topicals, and birth control. Yup. All at once. I seriously regret that day above anything else in my life, because from then on, my skin has never been the same. I have so many scars now its ridiculous! And also quite a shock. I NEVER worried about my skin. Ever. I feel so narcissistic for feeling basically traumatized by this. (I hope you all can relate)

I just have to ask OP. Do you think gentle cleansing would be that detrimental? I've obviously stopped all treatments, but I need to wash gently to remove makeup and sunscreen.

P.S. You mentioned earlier your girlfriend has flawless skin. May I ask what she does for her complexion? (Always nice to hear a womans perspective.)

Sorry if thats too personal.

Edited by BeadyB, 14 June 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#142 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

I will respond here, but also send you a PM, since it has been over a month. I don't come around too often except to answer PMs/emails people send to me.

QUOTE (BeadyB @ Jun 14 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm obviously very late on this thread. I have a similar story, although I'm female, so the hormonal aspect is a bitch. lol

Got a skin infection from a pimple when I was 19. I got my treatments, and moved on. Still not washing my face except for in the shower. I got a few more spots when I was 20 and I saw a derm. She said I "suffered" from adult onset acne. I was prescribed antibiotics, washes, topicals, and birth control. Yup. All at once. I seriously regret that day above anything else in my life, because from then on, my skin has never been the same. I have so many scars now its ridiculous! And also quite a shock. I NEVER worried about my skin. Ever. I feel so narcissistic for feeling basically traumatized by this. (I hope you all can relate)

I just have to ask OP. Do you think gentle cleansing would be that detrimental? I've obviously stopped all treatments, but I need to wash gently to remove makeup and sunscreen.

P.S. You mentioned earlier your girlfriend has flawless skin. May I ask what she does for her complexion? (Always nice to hear a womans perspective.)

Sorry if thats too personal.

Gentle cleansing should be done just like you would wash your arms. Rarely should you ever get that "squeaky" clean feeling when you wash your face. This is bad... because you get that sort squeaky "rubbery" feeling when almost all (or all) of the oils have been washed away. You need those oils.

As for my girlfriend, she washes her face in the shower ~3x a week... and is on birth control. I always feel weird when girls ask me what they can do about acne and I tell them part of the problem is haywire hormones every month...so birth control helps.

For some, birth control is a big NO NO for different reasons, and I respect that, but it sure does help the acne.

It should be noted that she too gets zits from time to time though, just as I still do...and just as everyone does.

Hope that helps!

#143 josh finlay

josh finlay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:49 AM

Just another viewpoint, but maybe the fact that you consciously are trying to ignore your acne and preaching about how others should do the same to cure themselves is testimony to the fact that you havent let go at all, but are just treating it in a different way. Sorry if thats a bit deep for some peoples liking lol.

#144 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Just another viewpoint, but maybe the fact that you consciously are trying to ignore your acne and preaching about how others should do the same to cure themselves is testimony to the fact that you havent let go at all, but are just treating it in a different way. Sorry if thats a bit deep for some peoples liking lol.

I come to this site every couple months at most. The main reason being is because I receives messages and questions via my inbox.

It's not about ignoring anything. It is about not caring and stressing over it.

...You've just got my message wrong. Not sure what else to tell you.

Wish you the best.

Edited by I am Snow, 09 November 2011 - 10:16 PM.

#145 Cherryx

Cherryx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Amen. I agree 100%

Ever since I stopped using daily treatments my skin started to get healthy. It used to all red all the time, now it looks like skin. It's a fact people.

#146 Collipso

Collipso

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

I know this was posted a long time ago but I really need a few answers, if you still read this. I don't have severe acne at all. It's actually pretty mild and only really gets bad in a few places sometimes. I have also used pretty much every product you can think of including proactiv, Equate, Differin, natural remedies, cleansers, clinique, retina A, ect. And when I read your post it really inspired me and I want to live my life through confidence and not constantly think about a problem that isn't even as severe as I sometimes make it seem in my head. This is kind of a question I think I may already know the answer to but what are your views about popping pimples. Is it absolutely wrong to do this? I do not exactly just get them on my face but really kind of along my jawline and on the very top of my neck sometimes. Let me know what your thoughts are on this

#147 Sadicalvibes

Sadicalvibes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

I'm extremely late here, but you shouldn't think 'oh, I need to get rid of my acne to make me happy'. If anything it should be 'I should be happy and as a result, my acne will go'.

Try and be positive anyway. It's hard but totally worth it.

#148 AlexanderJ86

AlexanderJ86

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

I'm extremely late here, but you shouldn't think 'oh, I need to get rid of my acne to make me happy'. If anything it should be 'I should be happy and as a result, my acne will go'.

Try and be positive anyway. It's hard but totally worth it.

It doesn't work that way. I've read billboards at school which said stuff like "you look as how you feel". It's all bullshit! Now, what can be done is thinking "well, I have a skin condition, but that doesn't change me as a person and I can still do stuff that I did before". However, only a small fraction on this board can actually think like that. Most people want to wallow in self-pity. That's an easy thing to do, but that doesn't solve your problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users