147 replies to this topic

#21 korkow

korkow

With any luck, I might just be crazy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

hell yeah man! This post is freaking invigorating! Those of us who can look back at how we gave ourself acne by trying to cure it, want to just shout to the world STOP!

Congrats bro, if you have acne, but don't let it get to you, life gets a heck of a lot better.

#22 Jonima

Jonima

Bitter Sweet Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (I am Snow @ Dec 21 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (OneLoveLetsGetTogether @ Dec 21 2008, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I noticed too that when I stopped caring about my acne it started magically getting better despite the shitty food I reincorporated into my diet and etc. Now I have started caring about it again and trying to treat it with this herbal bullshit that I am basically forced to take and it has gotten much fuckin worse!

Just let go again bro.

QUOTE (Jonima @ Dec 21 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fucking inspirational. I too tried this, and i will continue this.

but what is your stance on vitamins and supplements?

It depends why you are taking those vitamins and supplements. If they are for your skin or acne, I am very against it. For example, taking extra zinc daily. This is of no use unless you have a cold. Personally, I do not take any vitamins. I do not see a problem with a multivitamin or anything like that though... I just never seem to bother.

Lately, before i started not caring and not doing anything, my skin probably had it's worst breakout since the summer (my skin was almost clear during the summer) and since i was off accutane (i was that fucking 10% of patients that would get acne back). I am now going to try not doing anything to my face over christmas break except rinsing it with warm water morning and night.

But would natural supplements and vitamins really hurt my skin that much? I mean i see it this way: vitamins are what our body need on a daily basis, so by taking a supplement other than what our body makes and from food, it displaces the nutrients from what our body needed, to what will benefit our body in addition to the necessities. (a healthy overflow) That probably didn't make much sense.
ACNE KEEPS US HUMBLE.
I AM TIRED OF BEING HUMBLE.™

Accutane since 3/16/09
Ended 10/5/09

#23 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Jonima @ Dec 23 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I noticed too that when I stopped caring about my acne it started magically getting better despite the shitty food I reincorporated into my diet and etc. Now I have started caring about it again and trying to treat it with this herbal bullshit that I am basically forced to take and it has gotten much fuckin worse!

Just let go again bro.

It depends why you are taking those vitamins and supplements. If they are for your skin or acne, I am very against it. For example, taking extra zinc daily. This is of no use unless you have a cold. Personally, I do not take any vitamins. I do not see a problem with a multivitamin or anything like that though... I just never seem to bother.

Lately, before i started not caring and not doing anything, my skin probably had it's worst breakout since the summer (my skin was almost clear during the summer) and since i was off accutane (i was that fucking 10% of patients that would get acne back). I am now going to try not doing anything to my face over christmas break except rinsing it with warm water morning and night.

But would natural supplements and vitamins really hurt my skin that much? I mean i see it this way: vitamins are what our body need on a daily basis, so by taking a supplement other than what our body makes and from food, it displaces the nutrients from what our body needed, to what will benefit our body in addition to the necessities. (a healthy overflow) That probably didn't make much sense.

It made enough sense to me.

Ask yourself this question... and REALLY be truthful to yourself about it:

Are you taking those vitamins in ANYWAY for your acne? This includes as a form of treatment, control or even a sort of last defense *in case* this method does not work (if you are taking extra zinc, vitamin A, beta carotene, or those b vitamins... you are doing it for your acne).

If you are taking it out of fear of making a mistake with this approach, you will fail with this approach.

It sounds to me like you are wanting to let go. You need to know for yourself if you are really ready to fully forget about your acne. You must first rationalize with yourself the reasons why you do not care about acne anymore. You have to believe acne has no significance. When you have done that, you win.

...anyways. Ask yourself that question. If you are taking them out of fear, do not take them. It will only fuel the problem. If you really want to take vitamins, do it bro.
If this sounds like you, please quit trying to control your skin:

My Story

#24 Jonima

Jonima

Bitter Sweet Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (I am Snow @ Dec 24 2008, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jonima @ Dec 23 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just let go again bro.

It made enough sense to me.

Ask yourself this question... and REALLY be truthful to yourself about it:

Are you taking those vitamins in ANYWAY for your acne? This includes as a form of treatment, control or even a sort of last defense *in case* this method does not work (if you are taking extra zinc, vitamin A, beta carotene, or those b vitamins... you are doing it for your acne).

If you are taking it out of fear of making a mistake with this approach, you will fail with this approach.

It sounds to me like you are wanting to let go. You need to know for yourself if you are really ready to fully forget about your acne. You must first rationalize with yourself the reasons why you do not care about acne anymore. You have to believe acne has no significance. When you have done that, you win.

...anyways. Ask yourself that question. If you are taking them out of fear, do not take them. It will only fuel the problem. If you really want to take vitamins, do it bro.

Well I am only taking Vit. A and Super B Complex. I am doing it as a treatment. I used to take a shitload of vitamins and put a bunch natural crap on my face. Now i only rinse my face with warm water and take those 2 pills twice a day.
ACNE KEEPS US HUMBLE.

Accutane since 3/16/09
Ended 10/5/09

#25 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

If you asked me what I would change, I would say:

Stop taking those vitamins and take a multivitamin in their place, plus stop washing your face with warm water. You still have not let go.

----------------------------------------

However, you make your own decisions and I do not know everything about acne.

My Story

#26 Fresh7

Fresh7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

...or you can just beat the shit out of anyone that makes fun of your face. I got suspended for 3 days (got to stay home and hide my face YAY!lol) I punched the kid in the face 4 times then got pulled away by the deen. The kid just kept walking by me cracking jokes till I fucked his face up. He soon will get acne very lol People tell me he doesnt have and armpit hair and he is 15. What a bitch

#27 LukeEightyNine

LukeEightyNine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Fresh7 @ Dec 27 2008, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People tell me he doesnt have and armpit hair and he is 15. What a bitch

I didn't either at that age.
GO TEAM TANE!
Accutane 40mg - December 23rd - Present
Changed to 60mg - January 27th - June 2009
Accutane works! :D

#28 Jonima

Jonima

Bitter Sweet Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Fresh7 @ Dec 26 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...or you can just beat the shit out of anyone that makes fun of your face. I got suspended for 3 days (got to stay home and hide my face YAY!lol) I punched the kid in the face 4 times then got pulled away by the deen. The kid just kept walking by me cracking jokes till I fucked his face up. He soon will get acne very lol People tell me he doesnt have and armpit hair and he is 15. What a bitch

man, i realize that acne can just push ppl to crack jokes, which pisses me off, and it can cause us to lash out because were in so much pain and were yearning to get clear.

i know how that little faggot is. i bet he's a scrawny little fuck who has no acne, no facial hair, nothing. i bet he wouldnt know what puberty was if it you punched it in his face lol. let me guess, his voice and testicles havent dropped yet either? haha

puberty... we grow, we grow, we will grow out of this acne. hopefully, i will not get adult acne.
ACNE KEEPS US HUMBLE.

Accutane since 3/16/09
Ended 10/5/09

#29 Jonima

Jonima

Bitter Sweet Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Fresh7 @ Dec 26 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

man, i realize that acne can just push ppl to crack jokes, which pisses me off, and it can cause us to lash out because were in so much pain and were yearning to get clear.

i know how that little faggot is. i bet he's a scrawny little fuck who has no acne, no facial hair, nothing. i bet he wouldnt know what puberty was if it you punched it in his face lol. let me guess, his voice and testicles havent dropped yet either? haha

puberty... we grow, we grow, we will grow out of this acne. hopefully, i will not get adult acne.
ACNE KEEPS US HUMBLE.

Accutane since 3/16/09
Ended 10/5/09

#30 Jonima

Jonima

Bitter Sweet Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (I am Snow @ Dec 24 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you asked me what I would change, I would say:

Stop taking those vitamins and take a multivitamin in their place, plus stop washing your face with warm water. You still have not let go.

----------------------------------------

However, you make your own decisions and I do not know everything about acne.

Ya, your method probably worked for you, but as everyone knows, everyone has different skin and different bodies. i just don't think my skin responds as well to it. It doesnt respond to ignoring the problem. I just think that if there is a problem/disease, you need to address it.

however, im still minimizing my efforts. less is more.
ACNE KEEPS US HUMBLE.

Accutane since 3/16/09
Ended 10/5/09

#31 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:11 AM

You need to think about whether or not YOU are the problem needing to be addressed. My skin was having acne because I kept putting acid on it. OF COURSE the skin is not going to just turn beautiful when you do this to it. I think topicals can only help severe acne, but can never cure acne. I never had bad acne until I started putting junk on my face.

I do agree though, everyone is different. Some people just are not able to let go. I just ask people to not give up on this sort of method until you FULLY try it.

My Story

#32 NinjaTurtle

NinjaTurtle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

Best post ever.
Congrats dude.
Loved the 'every reflective object' part. So true.

Cheers!
When classmates asked why he was missing a chunk of his limb, he said it had been devoured by a shark while he was surfing off the coast of Hawaii. When his class sang “Y.M.C.A.,” he laughed because his M was missing an arch. When his mother asked him to wash his hands before dinner, he said that was not an option.

“It was a time in a kid’s life where it can be traumatic if you’ve got a pimple or the wrong haircut, and he had one hand,” Laue’s mother, Jodi, said. “But it never mattered because he was comfortable with himself.”

By ADAM HIMMELSBACH
Published: December 26, 2008

New York Times

#33 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (NinjaTurtle @ Dec 27 2008, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best post ever.
Congrats dude.
Loved the 'every reflective object' part. So true.

Cheers!

Thanks man. I like your signature.

My Story

#34 NCDown9

NCDown9

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:09 PM

Great post....I have a similar story...I started getting one or two whiteheads below my nose all the time in the 8th grade....and stupid me not knowing anything about acne. I would get a washcloth and heat it with steaming hot water then rub that zit till it bled. Then I would rub maximum strength stridex pads on the wound....thinking the stinging was a good thing... my acne got worse and worse and worse. Now I'm 18 been on the regimen for about 2 years and I still get zits but not nearly as bad. I hate having to put this shit on in the morning and at night. After I wash my face with cetaphil cleanser my face fills SOO dried out. I'm sure regular soap would do the same thing. So I wouldn't know what to wash my face with if I stopped the regimen. My face was almost completely clear of active acne a month ago and I thought the regimen had finally started to work for me fulltime. Then I breakout....now this breakout is starting to clear. I'd like to stop, but it's so difficult. Especially since I'll be starting College in 2 weeks.

#35 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (NCDown9 @ Dec 29 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great post....I have a similar story...I started getting one or two whiteheads below my nose all the time in the 8th grade....and stupid me not knowing anything about acne. I would get a washcloth and heat it with steaming hot water then rub that zit till it bled. Then I would rub maximum strength stridex pads on the wound....thinking the stinging was a good thing... my acne got worse and worse and worse. Now I'm 18 been on the regimen for about 2 years and I still get zits but not nearly as bad. I hate having to put this shit on in the morning and at night. After I wash my face with cetaphil cleanser my face fills SOO dried out. I'm sure regular soap would do the same thing. So I wouldn't know what to wash my face with if I stopped the regimen. My face was almost completely clear of active acne a month ago and I thought the regimen had finally started to work for me fulltime. Then I breakout....now this breakout is starting to clear. I'd like to stop, but it's so difficult. Especially since I'll be starting College in 2 weeks.

I was dealing with probably my worst breakout as I got to college, so I know how you feel...except I am going to go ahead and still say you should do this.

The idea is that you STOP washing your face. Water mixed with shampoo will hit it when you wash your hair, but there is no reason to wash the face specifically anymore. Every week or two weeks, I notice a buildup on skin on my nose, This is the only time I touch my face, and I just *lightly* run my nails over my nose and on the sides to get rid of the dead skin build up. I never schedule this, I just kind of do it when I feel like it.

Even though I completely disagree with the use of soap, if you get dove sensitive skin soap, you will not have a problem with drying out. If you are going to wash your face *ONLY* do it once a week maximum, otherwise you WILL dry yourself out and will just continue to remove the oils that are part of the reason why letting go works.

My Story

#36 tedshredskiller

tedshredskiller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

your story almost matches EXACTLY, but i'm on dan's regimen. i have acne only on my chin and jawline (Along with a pretty oil face). I'm 18 right now and i've only had noticable acne for a few months after proactiv stopped working. I don't look in mirrors and i don't let it get to me, but the ladies definetly treat me different even though my personality hasn't been affected one bit. I'm no longer the "hot" one of my group of friends, but they still love my personality. Any advice or encouragement from my people on this board?

#37 Jooosh22

Jooosh22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

Wow dude, honestly a good post. I recently stopped using everything except a moisturizer after shower and my acne went down DRAMATICALLY. Im still so used to always lookng at myself in public, or worrying about my acne when i talked to people. I guarantee if i stopped this nonsense, the few blemishes i get would disappear. Its so true that you must feel good about yourself to overcome this sort of thing. You have officially motivated me to gain that self-confidence.

#38 luke714

luke714

Natural Healing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

dude that is so right. ever since i started adopting the chuck norris chuck.gif mentality of things in life, I've just started to roundhouse kick acne in the face.

i have no active pimples on my face at the moment, because i basically told it to move the heck out.

good post man
17 year old who is ready to follow any and all advice!

#39 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

Jooosh22 - Glad to hear of your success. Keep it up!

QUOTE (tedshredskiller @ Dec 30 2008, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your story almost matches EXACTLY, but i'm on dan's regimen. i have acne only on my chin and jawline (Along with a pretty oil face). I'm 18 right now and i've only had noticable acne for a few months after proactiv stopped working. I don't look in mirrors and i don't let it get to me, but the ladies definetly treat me different even though my personality hasn't been affected one bit. I'm no longer the "hot" one of my group of friends, but they still love my personality. Any advice or encouragement from my people on this board?

Only advice I could possibly give is to really check yourself to see if your personality is changing. I find it hard to believe that since you think people do treat you differently when you get acne that you will not act in slightest bit differently. From my own experience, the way people treat you has to do COMPLETELY with confidence and self value. If I have a new giant pimple, I will even now still sometimes catch myself worrying about it as I speak to someone and then I will just ignore it.

You even just now acknowledged that you are no longer the "hot" one in your group of friends. There must be some sort of negative reaction from the knowledge of that.

Initial attraction is and can only be based upon appearance, however, after that, it is all about confidence.

My Story

#40 mullafunka

mullafunka

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

Man.. sounds like a good plan. For me.. acne treatment is working fine on my face.. I use a wash, and its all good. I was just using that, nothing else for ages and my former chest and back acne was all gone. I felt confident in myself. I was working out, and could walk around without a shirt on feeling like i looked good. Then, one day (okay so I also think with me, Diet has an impact) I was eating shit and drinking way too much. Bang. i suddenly got one on my chest again. So, I started stressing. I was living in a hostel near the beach and was at the beach every day.. I was always stressing about this. What would all the girls think? I started washing it more, taking more notice...

Ever since then (now 4 months later) my acne on my back and chest has slowly come back. I thought it was a thing of the past, with just the occasional one on my face.. its back now, its there for certain... now i'm trying Tea Tree Oil and it seems to sometimes help but never totally. Now when I get breakouts, its my back and chest that get it.. I'm going through it all in my mind.. What changed?? I'm 24.. I thought i was growing out of it!!

I have a girlfriend (fairly new), and its her that I am most self aware around. She never has said a thing, and I know that she shouldn't care.. but she has none of that shit, so naturally I am self aware around her... I'm going to just tell her straight up and stop trying to hide it.. focus on a good diet, hit the gym some more, give up over washing my body and then just stop worrying about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users