276 replies to this topic

#21 just another1

just another1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (crzyakta @ Jan 13 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey, just another1 was wondering about the peppermint oil, did it stop blackheads and your oily skin?

thanks

Peppermint oil is effective on oil skin. I used it at 1 part peppermint oil to 15 parts bottled water. I applied with a cotton ball. I rubbed a lil harder around the nose area. This area is were I'm prone to blackheads.

I seen a decrease in my oil out put for sure. I was also surprised to find the blackhead falling out after about 1 week of treatment. I would love to have continued using it but I really can't fit it into my current dermaroller routine.

I have tough skin and at 1/15 this solution stings like hell when first applied. I used a hand fan to help evaporate it. Once evaporated the sting stops. It briefly turns the skin red when first applied but quickly the redness goes away.

Hope that helps crzyakta.

Later

#22 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (just another1 @ Jan 13 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know now there are sites and companies in business that deal in B5 alone. In the time I started B5, this wasn't the case. There were about 3 companies most people from the group dealt with. I remember NOW and Solgar being at least two of them.

Many who used these brands claimed good results. That's why everyone followed their lead. It appeared some people were helped while many other were not.

Just out of curiosity, back then we all based this therapy off a 4 or 5 paragraph medical report by a Korean? physician. Are you aware of any other detailed medical reports that might have been produced since the late 90s?

If there were recent medical reports showing success with B5, I might consider dosing again with it.

C Ya

Dr. Lit-Hung Leung report right.. thats the only study done to date. not sure why nobody wants to look into it further??

I happen to think NOW is a solid company so I dont think it was the quality that was the issue. maybe its just not very effective.. I spoke to somebody in depth about this. A person who acually sells b5 powder and they claim its the best grade available. that they had tried many other b5 powders with no luck but had success with there own.. I know what you're thinking. of course somebody would say the stuff they sell is the best..But I spoke with this person in depth for about a month nearly everyday and acually learned alot from them. they made no efforts to sell me there powder. infact they even suggested me to a few places to buy b5 powder alittle cheaper that they felt was still a decent quality b5. and they also suffered from oily skin, severe acne and scaring..So we talked about our issues.. they learned about b5 powder in there own quest to help themself. when they finally found a b5 that helped they decided to sell it and help others. this seller was super nice and helpfull.

they told me you cant follow the original report exactly like its written.. heres some key points they mentioned. start off with about 2-3 grams daily for a week or two. then slowly increase until you take 10g a day divided in 4 doses. they said apply the home made topical cream 3-4 times a day. the report says 3 months you should be clear and then you can reduce your dose to a maintenance dose..but this seller told me it can take 6 months for some people. they say the problem is most people dont combine the topical with the oral dosing. and that after 3-5 months most people give up if they dont see results..

So when I set out to do it I followed this persons directions. I take so many supplements and vitamins daily I figured whats one more?? at first I did work up to 4 divided doses. roughly 10 grams.. 4 times a day with the topical. first couple months nothing. My skin was out of control oily which is what lead me to find this approach. I switched up and started taking about 4/5 grams in two serving s a day. once in the morning with some food to increase absoprtion and same thing at night. never stopped using the topical about 3 times a day. at about 4 months I noticed a difference. I think the topical is a big part of this. at the very least you may want to give the topical a shot. just add a pinch to your topical. you will notice a difference in the way the b5 works on your skin from the first time you use it. I just figure its cheap, just take a couple servings a day and dont stop. I continue to use it and my skin is still more oily than somebody with normal skin. But its not nearly as oily as it was..

Later..

#23 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

just to add to my log. its been 1 week 7 days since I rolled. my skin stayed red for about a whole week. its still a bit dry with some dead skin still falling off. I'm just now seeing the swelling going down and my beautiful scars coming back into focus. evil.gif

Now its just a waiting game..

I acually broke out a bit from rolling. I am sure the anti bacterial cream helped cause some breakouts. also I believe the treatment of rolling itself contributes to some minor breakouts..I believe because its a aggresive treatment and anything this aggresive will tend to make the skin react.. Just my thoughts..

#24 just another1

just another1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

Hey munsoned, What cream do you add the B5 to? I guess you are ok with using it with CP's?

BTW, I did my first roll with the 1.5 mm today. My Emla cream ( I actually bought the generic) was delivered yesterday. I found that using both the Emla and the 1.5mm was alot more comfortable than using the 0.5mm alone with no numbing cream.

I don't think I was aggressive enough. I know this session was alot more effective then the 0.5s but I can see my skin coming back to a normal state within a 2 days. Also, maybe it's because I got use to the stanard size roller but I found the 3 line required more work in that not as much area was covered.

I may consider picking up one of the generic eBay standard 1.5mm to see how things go.

P.S. for anyone using the Emla cream, use a good amount, especially in the areas where you want to be more aggressive. Cover with the cling wrap/saran wrap and wait at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. I also found that you should hit one area aggressively at a time because if you try to go back, the numbing effect of the cream wears off.

Later

#25 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (just another1 @ Jan 13 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey munsoned, What cream do you add the B5 to? I guess you are ok with using it with CP's?

BTW, I did my first roll with the 1.5 mm today. My Emla cream ( I actually bought the generic) was delivered yesterday. I found that using both the Emla and the 1.5mm was alot more comfortable than using the 0.5mm alone with no numbing cream.

I don't think I was aggressive enough. I know this session was alot more effective then the 0.5s but I can see my skin coming back to a normal state within a 2 days. Also, maybe it's because I got use to the stanard size roller but I found the 3 line required more work in that not as much area was covered.

I may consider picking up one of the generic eBay standard 1.5mm to see how things go.

P.S. for anyone using the Emla cream, use a good amount, especially in the areas where you want to be more aggressive. Cover with the cling wrap/saran wrap and wait at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. I also found that you should hit one area aggressively at a time because if you try to go back, the numbing effect of the cream wears off.

Later

really glad you posted this JA1.. thank you... I used the topical b5 with my home made vitamin c topical. I am not using the b5 topicaly anymore. just oraly. I stopped when I started my cp..

I am very glad to hear you have begun treatment with your 1.5mm..I will use emla next time.

i was not aggresive enough my first time either. It takes some getting used to. I was acually so upset at myself for doing such a wimpy first session I waited a week and did it again much better. But my 2nd time I did the best I have done it yet. I would imagine each time we will keep getting better..

you like the standard roller then. I used the cheap standard myself from ebay and just purchased a quality 3 row for my next treatment. thou its going to be smaller area's the 3 row hits and will most likely take longer and require more effort. I noticed its alittle difficult to evenly hit the skin with the standard. or atleast in my case it was. so I am going to try the 3 row next session and see what I think.

its a great thing theres several of us all doing this treatment. we can all share info and experiences ect.. and it makes things alot easier for us all and increases our chance for success..

well, time to just sit back and heal up and hope for the best.. eusa_pray.gif

#26 just another1

just another1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

munsoned, this is where I found the difficulty using the 3 line 1.5mm ( Dr. Roller).....you lose track of where you need to be because the blood will start to smear.

Before, when I was using a standard 0.5, I could visibly see the redness and inflammation. I am aggressive in general when I dermaroll so I know for the most part I had good penetration with the standard roller.

I would also go back and reroll areas I thought I missed or didn't do well enough. Going back while using the Emla doesn't work out too well because the rolling action renders the numbing effect of the Emla to almost nothing. While parts of the face that weren't rolled are still very numb.

The 3 line to me seemed a lil wobbly. I'm sure that is just one person's preference over another's. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered a generic 1.5mm standard off eBay. I will probably end up using the both of them next session. Which will more than likely be next week.

#27 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (just another1 @ Jan 13 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
munsoned, this is where I found the difficulty using the 3 line 1.5mm ( Dr. Roller).....you lose track of where you need to be because the blood will start to smear.

Before, when I was using a standard 0.5, I could visibly see the redness and inflammation. I am aggressive in general when I dermaroll so I know for the most part I had good penetration with the standard roller.

I would also go back and reroll areas I thought I missed or didn't do well enough. Going back while using the Emla doesn't work out too well because the rolling action renders the numbing effect of the Emla to almost nothing. While parts of the face that weren't rolled are still very numb.

The 3 line to me seemed a lil wobbly. I'm sure that is just one person's preference over another's. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered a generic 1.5mm standard off eBay. I will probably end up using the both of them next session. Which will more than likely be next week.

Keep me posted on your thoughts using the standard.. maybe I will go ahead and purchase another standard model too and use both like you are.

#28 CeciliaR

CeciliaR

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:13 AM

Hey All,

I have a question regarding dermaroller frequency. How often do you use them? I know there have been discussions in several of the topics suggesting 6 weeks per treatment (assuming you are using a 1.5 mm or 2 mm roller). What about four weeks? Is that too soon? I am just really anxious. wiggle.gif Has anyone every rolled four weeks apart?

Also, how often can you use a 0.75 mm roller? I am thinking of getting one to use between treatments with my longer roller. Maybe if I had this, I wouldn't feel so anxious about waiting six+ weeks between my other regimen.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

C.

#29 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (CeciliaR @ Feb 10 2009, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey All,

I have a question regarding dermaroller frequency. How often do you use them? I know there have been discussions in several of the topics suggesting 6 weeks per treatment (assuming you are using a 1.5 mm or 2 mm roller). What about four weeks? Is that too soon? I am just really anxious. wiggle.gif Has anyone every rolled four weeks apart?

Also, how often can you use a 0.75 mm roller? I am thinking of getting one to use between treatments with my longer roller. Maybe if I had this, I wouldn't feel so anxious about waiting six+ weeks between my other regimen.

C.

CeciliaR, some people roll every 4 weeks..some even roll more often. I think you can use a .75 weekly or once every two weeks. you are looking to do something a bit different from me which is ok..you can always change your routine down the road if you think it will benefit you..wait longer between a session or do it sooner ect...basicly pay attention to your skin and try to use that as a guide..nothing in my program is written in stone..I will make adjustments if I think they can help..if you do your program the way you are thinking of doing it, you will just be one more person doing a treatment a little different and can keep the forum updated on how it goes..

I have talked to people who have used many different rolling programs but still got the results..key is to live a healthy lifestyle..and to be patient and stick with it..use quality topicals which help healthy collagen build. and if you have deep scars you can use needling to help move those along..if you do the program keep us posted..good luck. wink.gif

#30 just another1

just another1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (CeciliaR @ Feb 10 2009, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey All,

C.

Cecilia you probably don't want to use a 1.5mm/2mm roller any sooner than 5 weeks. Collagen is fragile and you may run the risk of destroying it.

I use a 1.5mm every 5 to 6 weeks and use a 0.5mm every other day ( but I wait 1 week after doing a 1.5mm session before starting the 0.5mm again....if that makes sense).

I use the 0.5mm to help topicals penetrate better and it does give some good microswelling. The down time for the 0.5mm is less than 24 hours which is another reason I like using it.

Good luck

#31 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (just another1 @ Feb 10 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey All,

C.

Cecilia you probably don't want to use a 1.5mm/2mm roller any sooner than 5 weeks. Collagen is fragile and you may run the risk of destroying it.

I use a 1.5mm every 5 to 6 weeks and use a 0.5mm every other day ( but I wait 1 week after doing a 1.5mm session before starting the 0.5mm again....if that makes sense).

I use the 0.5mm to help topicals penetrate better and it does give some good microswelling. The down time for the 0.5mm is less than 24 hours which is another reason I like using it.

Good luck

I like your program JA1..the use of the 0.5mm inbetween the serious rolling is good thinking..might have to do that myself to get those topicals really working hard.

#32 deadliest catch

deadliest catch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

i dont know if you answered this already but are you going to make a log with pictures like legend?
I know it'll be a lot of work but your pictures will say a million words.

#33 just another1

just another1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (munsoned @ Feb 10 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like your program JA1..the use of the 0.5mm inbetween the serious rolling is good thinking..might have to do that myself to get those topicals really working hard.

Yea, it's been working out good for me munsoned. The 0.5mm isn't so aggressive that I might damage the new collagen being formed. At the same time the topicals work better and it give my overall skin tone and better appearance.

BTW, I've been doing a ton of traveling and what not and haven't able to visit here often over the last couple weeks. I should be around more often now though.

Later

#34 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (just another1 @ Feb 10 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (munsoned @ Feb 10 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, it's been working out good for me munsoned. The 0.5mm isn't so aggressive that I might damage the new collagen being formed. At the same time the topicals work better and it give my overall skin tone and better appearance.

BTW, I've been doing a ton of traveling and what not and haven't able to visit here often over the last couple weeks. I should be around more often now though.

Later

cool man, its always great having you around the forum..smile.gif

#35 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (deadliest catch @ Feb 10 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont know if you answered this already but are you going to make a log with pictures like legend?

yeah I know pics would be helpfull but I am not gloing that route..sorry..people will have to take my word on what I say..I have ice picks..as well as alot of scared pores which are basicly like mini ice picks in my opinon..a large burn scar about 2 inches by 1 inch on my right side of my face..and excision gone wrong that left me with a big ugly stitch scar..you name it I got it.....deep scars ect..its all there..

are there people with worse scaring?? yes..but I have enough scars and screwed up enough skin that if this works ity should give hope for anybody..

#36 deadliest catch

deadliest catch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (munsoned @ Feb 10 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah I know pics would be helpfull but I am not gloing that route..sorry..people will have to take my word on what I say..I have ice picks..as well as alot of scared pores which are basicly like mini ice picks in my opinon..a large burn scar about 2 inches by 1 inch on my right side of my face..and excision gone wrong that left me with a big ugly stitch scar..you name it I got it.....deep scars ect..its all there..

are there people with worse scaring?? yes..but I have enough scars and screwed up enough skin that if this works ity should give hope for anybody..

if your getting good results will you then post a picture? lets say in a year or so.

#37 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (deadliest catch @ Feb 10 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (munsoned @ Feb 10 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if your getting good results will you then post a picture? lets say in a year or so.

yeah I would do that..I hate posting pics..but in this case it would mean things are going well so it would be a good thing.

#38 CeciliaR

CeciliaR

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (just another1 @ Feb 10 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey All,

C.

Good luck

Just Another1,

Thanks for the recommendations. I ordered a 0.5mm roller today!

When you use your 0.5mm roller, how pink does your face get and how long does it stay that way?

Ciao! wavey.gif

#39 just another1

just another1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (CeciliaR @ Feb 11 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just Another1,

Thanks for the recommendations. I ordered a 0.5mm roller today!

When you use your 0.5mm roller, how pink does your face get and how long does it stay that way?

Ciao! wavey.gif

It turns very very red ( I say worse than a sunburn) in the beggining but after about one half hour to 45 minutes the redness is reduced to a darker pink. The color gradually reduces as time goes by.

Also, right after I use the 0.5mm I apply Super CP Serum from SkinBIo. This adds to the redness, so in your case things can be a lil different.

Make sure you roll in every direction at least 5 to 10 times ( I do about 10) and use even pressure to all scarred areas you want to improve.

Don't expect to get it right the first time by the second or third time you will be a pro. You will feel raw the more times you roll but I'm sure you can get through it.

Good Luck Cecilia and keep the board updated on your progress.

#40 meme

meme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:57 AM

Hi guys

Want to know if it's ok for me to alternate between dermarolling and laser spaced 6 weeks apart? Is that ok? unsure.gif

Appreciate the reply. TQ.

-- you're a HeArTbReAkEr --

Posted Image