This topic is archived.
276 replies to this topic

#261 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

Figure its time for another update..I did my second tca treatment about a 3 weeks/month ago so its going to be another month or maybe two before I can update how it goes. But I have seen a couple scars show improvement thus far from the first tca treatment. And those scars had been very stubborn so its definitely a positive to see them finally show improvement. I kind of wish I had been cycling between rolling/needling and tca from the get go as it looks like it would have moved things along quicker for atleast a couple scars so far. I will not be doing tca again til earliest fall. I am out of individual needles and plan on purchasing some soon and I will likely do 1 needle/roll treatment over the summer. I will only be rolling my right side and likely needle one scar on my forehead and maybe 2/3 on my left side. The forehead scar will depend on how it responds to the latest tca treatment. I will update my progress from the tca within a month or so. Hope you all are hanging in there.smile.gif

#262 pogo

pogo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:32 AM

Munsoned, I'm glad to see you are getting some improvement.

I've rolled and needled 8-10 times over the last 2.5 years.

I roll pretty aggressively, but nothing too crazy. I'm usually more aggressive on the side of my face that I start with bc after rolling for 15 minutes the pain becomes too much and I ease up.

I've seen some improvements, especially to my rolling scars. They haven't disappeared, nor do I expect they ever will, but they look better, softer.

Most importantly I'm in a decent place mentally. Acne scars don't infect my every action and thought like they used to.

I'm also thinking about doing TCA on a few of my deeper, ice pick scars. It supposedly is very effective for this type of scarring.

However, I'm more nervous about TCA than I was about rolling. I've unfortunately read too many ppl tell stories about messing up their faces with acid burns from doing at home chemical peels.

Are you using the toothpick method? How do you reach the scars on the side of your face?

You need to have a steady hand and be very careful when using TCA.

Good luck munsoned!

Edited by pogo, 25 May 2011 - 02:33 AM.

#263 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (pogo @ May 25 2011, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Munsoned, I'm glad to see you are getting some improvement.

I've rolled and needled 8-10 times over the last 2.5 years.

I roll pretty aggressively, but nothing too crazy. I'm usually more aggressive on the side of my face that I start with bc after rolling for 15 minutes the pain becomes too much and I ease up.

I've seen some improvements, especially to my rolling scars. They haven't disappeared, nor do I expect they ever will, but they look better, softer.

Most importantly I'm in a decent place mentally. Acne scars don't infect my every action and thought like they used to.

I'm also thinking about doing TCA on a few of my deeper, ice pick scars. It supposedly is very effective for this type of scarring.

However, I'm more nervous about TCA than I was about rolling. I've unfortunately read too many ppl tell stories about messing up their faces with acid burns from doing at home chemical peels.

Are you using the toothpick method? How do you reach the scars on the side of your face?

You need to have a steady hand and be very careful when using TCA.

Good luck munsoned!

hey pogo, how bad is your scarring to begin with and how much % improvement have you gotten?

#264 pogo

pogo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ May 25 2011, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey pogo, how bad is your scarring to begin with and how much % improvement have you gotten?

The degree of my scarring varies. I have a lot of rolling scars on my temples and some rolling scars, ice picks, and maybe a few boxcars on my jawline and cheeks. It's mostly moderate in the sense that many of my scars aren't extremely deep or pitted. But my scars aren't moderate enough that they can ever be completely eradicated.

I had subcision and fraxel CO2 in late 2008. Those procedures improved my skin but didn't "get rid" of many if any scars. My skin had more of an even tone and the scars looked softer, less nasty. It's hard to place a number on the % of improvement bc the scars are still there but they look better and bother me less. Let's say 35%

I started rolling in late 2009, I didn't needle until mid 2010. The main areas I'm trying to improve are the rolling scars on my temples. Looking at my temples always reminds me of a field that's been cluster bombed. It boggles my mind how I got so many scars on such a small area of my face. Anyway, subcision helped untether some of the rolling scars and I feel that rolling continues to help smooth things out a bit.

I don't roll with the expectation of becoming scarless. I know that won't happen. Rolling improves some scars but doesn't seem to have much of an effect on others. Because the improvements come slowly over weeks it's often difficult to gauge if there has been any change. Every once in a while I look in the mirror and I realize some areas of my face look a little better. That's enough of a reason for me to continue to roll. Plus. rolling gives me a feeling that I'm doing something to try and improve my scarring rather than siting back and let the scarring control me.

Edited by pogo, 25 May 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#265 Bonbonique

Bonbonique

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

Guys I was wondering ,, how come icepicks don't respond to derma rolling ?? Did anyone get any decent improvements from rolling on their icepicks?

Also will icepicks turn into boxcars with continuous TCA cross treatments?

#266 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (Bonbonique @ May 26 2011, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys I was wondering ,, how come icepicks don't respond to derma rolling ?? Did anyone get any decent improvements from rolling on their icepicks?

I had one scar that did that but I treated it with TCA peel (spot treatment with a tootpick) so it was a much smaller % TCA.
Celebrating Fishbulb to the fullest...

“... as the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly; not to the music, but something else; some place else; a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been; except a deer; and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.”

#267 FutureScarless

FutureScarless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (*Ariana* @ May 26 2011, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had one scar that did that but I treated it with TCA peel (spot treatment with a tootpick) so it was a much smaller % TCA.

Did it turn into a shallow boxcar, or was it just as deep but wider?

#268 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (FutureScarless @ May 26 2011, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (*Ariana* @ May 26 2011, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did it turn into a shallow boxcar, or was it just as deep but wider?

Very shallow boxcar. Not sure if I would classify it as better than a very small deep ice pick, just different.
Celebrating Fishbulb to the fullest...

“... as the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly; not to the music, but something else; some place else; a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been; except a deer; and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.”

#269 Bonbonique

Bonbonique

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

A small shallow boxcar is WAY better than a small deep icepick IMO .

#270 Miro

Miro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

Can someone tell me where can european customer buy dermarollers and dermastamps ? ( I dont want to buy from USA or ASIA if possible )

#271 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Miro @ May 27 2011, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can someone tell me where can european customer buy dermarollers and dermastamps ? ( I dont want to buy from USA or ASIA if possible )

anyone from canada? im from canada and wanted to kno where i can buy a dermaroller or should i order it online and if so how long willit take to arrive?

#272 DylanW

DylanW

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

Is it assumed then ice picks don't respond to dermarolling / stamping?

#273 unbreakable1

unbreakable1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Why wouldn't they?

#274 DylanW

DylanW

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:59 PM

I dont know I'm trying to find out

To anyone reading this with concrete information: does dermarolling/stamping improve ice pick scars?

#275 Flyer17

Flyer17

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

I've heard varying things about icepicks. They may respond better to focused single-needling than rolling.

#276 DylanW

DylanW

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for your reply

I have a new ice pick scar on the line of my nose, about half way down. I am very depressed, this is probably the single worst place I could imagine having a ice pick scar

If I lay my fingers on my nostrils and push down, the skin on this bridge of the nose stretches. This in turn stretches the ice pick apart

Does anyone think this scar would respond well to derma stamping if I stamped it whilst stretched as described above?

Please help

#277 TaraRa

TaraRa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Nice topic Munsoned. It's good to see valuable information on products that actually do more good than harm for our skin. Many companies are just not interested to promote these kind of products, because a lot is invested in laser and million other treatments that cost people tons of money, while they later have to deal with negative side-effects of those agressive treatments..

I am also so pissed to see, that there is so much garbarge treatments on the market that just don't serve the purpose (of removing acne scars)! Most of them make your skin thinner, or have side-effects instead of just improving the skin. Because of these idiotic agressive treatments that just overwhelm the market, i personally did not even notice there was something like this (Derma Roller / Micro needling) on the market! If i knew this exists for some years already, i would never have done the CO2 laser/ Chemical Peeling and other garbage methods!