Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luvhavinbgtwins

Need a little advise on Vitiams

5 posts in this topic

OK I have read so much about differ ones that do differ things and was at the store today and was so confused and lost and didnt know what to get.

I just got Biotin for hair and nails etc. (trying to grow out hair)

I know you need differ ones like A,B, C & D

OK but there are so many types of each I thought I would just go get one of each etc but theres 20 a's 20 B's (maybe not that much but it sure seemed like it.)

This is what I read and what I am looking for and if anyone could help THANK YOU THANK YOU.

** grow out hair, (I got the Biotin 1000mcg) I hope that is what I need.

**vit to help w/oily skin ( I have bad combo skin, large pores)

** Acne

**skin, look healthy and for ageing. (I am getting older 31 and my mother didnt do anything and is 15 years older and looks 30 years older) I want to start now well I am still young (somewhat Young LOL!)

** Other main thing is over all health also.

I think them are the major ones. I am just confused should I take a few differ EX. B's together and so on.

Thanks so much.

I looked at multi and prenatel but they still dont have all the ones I read that I needed or if they did not the right dose. (dose was to low)

Well, there are several things your body needs after vitamins. There are of course your Vitamins, Vitamin A, your B vitamins, C, D, E, K... and then you need stuff like Zinc, Calcium, Selenium, Molybdenum, Manganese and Magnesium, etc. etc. As you can see the list gets quite lengthy. Taking a supplement for any of this could possibly (and chances aren't great) help with acne but it will not fully clear you up.. If you are looking to be healthy overall I wouldn't even suggest taking supplements because for one because supplements aren't natural they don't get used in our bodies as they would if they were gotten from say an orange. So if you take Vitamin A (for example) and say you're taking something crazy like 10000 IU then your body is for one getting an overload of Vitamin A (you don't need that much..) and also getting it all at one moment, and for 2 its not natural so who knows how your body deals with it compared to what it would if you just ate a carrot. A basic rule of thumb for vitamins I've learned is:

If you want Vitamins A, C, eat fruits.

For Vitamin Bs, eat veggies. (Esp. Spinach)

For vitamin E eat almonds

this is not actual fact or whatever its just general that I've noticed. There is Vitamins A and C etc. in veggies and some fruits have things that veggies have. But basically if you wanna keep it super simple stay to that.

Your vitamin Bs are different in that there are different ones, theres B2, B12, B3, B5, B6, etc, etc. They are all important. If you want B12 eat a steak. If you don't like steaks eat raw egg yolks. B12 is only obtained through animal foods as far as I know. You can get all these Bs from veggies, things that have a wide range of B vitamins are spinach, romaine lettuce, and other leafy greens like Kale etc.

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Check out that website for a complete list of nutrient dense (and very healthy) foods to eat. They show the number of nutrients in each vegetable, how much per serving, etc. and its very simple. They also include facts about the foods and where they can be obtained or how they can be eaten etc. Very useful and cool site.

Well, there are several things your body needs after vitamins. There are of course your Vitamins, Vitamin A, your B vitamins, C, D, E, K... and then you need stuff like Zinc, Calcium, Selenium, Molybdenum, Manganese and Magnesium, etc. etc. As you can see the list gets quite lengthy. Taking a supplement for any of this could possibly (and chances aren't great) help with acne but it will not fully clear you up.. If you are looking to be healthy overall I wouldn't even suggest taking supplements because for one because supplements aren't natural they don't get used in our bodies as they would if they were gotten from say an orange. So if you take Vitamin A (for example) and say you're taking something crazy like 10000 IU then your body is for one getting an overload of Vitamin A (you don't need that much..) and also getting it all at one moment, and for 2 its not natural so who knows how your body deals with it compared to what it would if you just ate a carrot. A basic rule of thumb for vitamins I've learned is:

If you want Vitamins A, C, eat fruits.

For Vitamin Bs, eat veggies. (Esp. Spinach)

For vitamin E eat almonds

this is not actual fact or whatever its just general that I've noticed. There is Vitamins A and C etc. in veggies and some fruits have things that veggies have. But basically if you wanna keep it super simple stay to that.

Your vitamin Bs are different in that there are different ones, theres B2, B12, B3, B5, B6, etc, etc. They are all important. If you want B12 eat a steak. If you don't like steaks eat raw egg yolks. B12 is only obtained through animal foods as far as I know. You can get all these Bs from veggies, things that have a wide range of B vitamins are spinach, romaine lettuce, and other leafy greens like Kale etc.

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Check out that website for a complete list of nutrient dense (and very healthy) foods to eat. They show the number of nutrients in each vegetable, how much per serving, etc. and its very simple. They also include facts about the foods and where they can be obtained or how they can be eaten etc. Very useful and cool site.

Thank you so much. I will try and use that the only thing I have is I am a very picky eater, (I blame it on my mom LOL!) I feed my twins everything healthy and always have so they are used to it but I really dont eat fruits or veggies much at all cuz I cant seem to find any I like.

For veggies all I eat are corn, lettuce, potato

fruit, banana(never a whole one), grapes, maybe a bit or 2 of an apple and that is all I can take.

I have tried to just eat them but I get so sick...I really wish there was a way but I have no idea.

I have been drinking water but I see my skin ageing, dark circle double puffy eyes. I know I need Vitiams but since I cant seem to get enough from food I was trying to get it from them. I am not so worried about the acne part it would help tho....but I am more wanting it for being healthy....flu season is coming, and for healthy skin etc.

Thanks so much

Thank you so much. I will try and use that the only thing I have is I am a very picky eater, (I blame it on my mom LOL!) I feed my twins everything healthy and always have so they are used to it but I really dont eat fruits or veggies much at all cuz I cant seem to find any I like.

For veggies all I eat are corn, lettuce, potato

fruit, banana(never a whole one), grapes, maybe a bit or 2 of an apple and that is all I can take.

I have tried to just eat them but I get so sick...I really wish there was a way but I have no idea.

I have been drinking water but I see my skin ageing, dark circle double puffy eyes. I know I need Vitiams but since I cant seem to get enough from food I was trying to get it from them. I am not so worried about the acne part it would help tho....but I am more wanting it for being healthy....flu season is coming, and for healthy skin etc.

Thanks so much

potatoes will make you gain weight as they're pretty much all starch/sugar. they're to be avoided if you have insulin issues. corn isn't easily digestable and can pretty much be an irritant. For grains, i'd just stick with rice, quinoa, or millet. From some of the fruits you've listed, seems like you enjoy the really sugary ones. bananas and grapes are dense with sugars. stick with berries or lemons and grapefruit.

maybe you get sick from eating these foods because you're stressing out your body with too much acid and sugars.

I just cant stomach(dont like) the other fruits and veggies thats why I am looking for vit.'s I know its not healthy to pretty much not get any fruits or veggies.