Photo

Best time to burn off what you ate....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 zero

zero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:08 PM

ok...lol...I did it again...I ate junk food and alot of it.....

I ate a whole medium, thick crust, pepperoni pizza... I ATE THE WHOLE THING!!!!!!! ](*,)

When is the best time to burn the pizza off...like how many hours after I ate it???

I never get fat....I can eat anything I want and stay skinny...but I want to burn off what ever is in the pizza that causes people to break out....
:^o

#2 eff

eff

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:50 PM

The best time to "burn off" all that starch would be as soon as you ate it, but in terms of acne causing factors...I don't think you can avoid it. Just don't eat the stuff.

#3 Karl

Karl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:13 PM

You could get your stomach pumped.

#4 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2004 - 04:13 PM

The best time to \"burn off\" all that starch would be as soon as you ate it, but in terms of acne causing factors...I don't think you can avoid it. Just don't eat the stuff.

I thought it was bad to exercise and move around a lot straight after eating?

#5 CBurns

CBurns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:30 PM

I never get fat....I can eat anything I want and stay skinny...but I want to burn off what ever is in the pizza that causes people to break out.... :^o

I don't think you can. The food has to be broken down, absorbed, and stored before it can be "burned off", and by then you have already experienced the insulin response. The hormones in the cheese also can't be burned off at all.

#6 zero

zero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:14 PM

JUst because some people break out over eating alot of pizza doesnt mean I will break out will it????

also...if I AMMMMM going to break out...when can I expect it.... ??? :^o

next day??? A week???? a month????? sad.gif

#7 CBurns

CBurns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:24 PM

JUst because some people break out over eating alot of pizza doesnt mean I will break out will it????

That's correct.

#8 MisterDreamWeaver

MisterDreamWeaver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:13 AM

Hi zero,
There has been no scientific evidence that diet is directly related to acne. So scientifically speaking, eating that pizza won't effect your acne. As far as burning it off, I really don't like the approach of excerising only to burn off the pizza you ate the night before. Instead, why don't you try to maintain a proper excerise cycle, maybe 3 times a week?

#9 Kinney

Kinney

Remember Me Often

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:47 AM

You don't just exercise enough to burn off the burger or pizza you ate. Exercise causes your metabolism to work faster so for the few hours after exercise you burn energy faster. It's not just a calorie swap. Exercise on an empty stomach, that way your body will need to used fat reserves for energy after you've finished exercising.

#10 Jasper

Jasper

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:50 PM

You don't just exercise enough to burn off the burger or pizza you ate. Exercise causes your metabolism to work faster so for the few hours after exercise you burn energy faster. It's not just a calorie swap. Exercise on an empty stomach, that way your body will need to used fat reserves for energy after you've finished exercising.

Exactly... Best time to do a fat burning exercise is first thing in the morning... Jump out of bed, drink a little water and hit the tredmil or whatever you can get your hands on for about 20-30 mins and you'll be fine biggrin.gif/

#11 City

City

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2004 - 03:22 PM

Hi zero,
There has been no scientific evidence that diet is directly related to acne. So scientifically speaking, eating that pizza won't effect your acne. As far as burning it off, I really don't like the approach of excerising only to burn off the pizza you ate the night before. Instead, why don't you try to maintain a proper excerise cycle, maybe 3 times a week?

Without fail, for the past 10 years, if I eat pizza, sugar ( candy ) or soda, I will have a massive break out. If I eat well, it is never bad. I haven't had any soda or pizza in weeks and my skin is much better. I have tried this before: I eat well for months and just out of the blue I see if pizza or whatever will affect my skin. It does. Without fail. Does pizza cause acne? It helps promote it. Not for everyone, because everyone is different, but for those who do.....yikes.

#12 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:22 PM

It's possible that the carbohydrates in the flour from the pizza provoke a a spike in insulin which leads to some inflammatory response in your skin. Some people tend to be more sensitive than others...ie. acne sufferers.

The crazed food industry is trying to go low carb EVERYTHING. Did you know that they were considering serving the pizza toppings in a bucket? :lol: