Photo

demodex mites cause acne?

rosacea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

#21 jksl

jksl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:30 PM

Hey, Mr. Strawman

Not once have I said that they were the "primary cause of acne". I don't need to back anything up as i've made no such claims.

Instead, you need to back up your statement that "The demodex are fairly easy to kill". Tell me, how do you know this?

They're fairly easy to kill, hence dermatologists prescribe metronidazole to treat it?

Secondly, why would you assume that 'if it were the case that demodex caused acne, that by killing them, one should be cured?' That was your point right? You do realize that demodex lay eggs don't you? Not even demodexsolutions has claimed that their cream kills the eggs, hence the directions to apply it for months.

#22 temp123

temp123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Demodex are routinely killed in veterinary practice. Even things like tea tree oil kills it.

If you have published papers that show that demodex is a factor in most peoples acne, please point us to them; I am aware of none. Personally I like to stick to things that have been scientifically shown to work because a) they work and that makes me happy b) I don't waste my time c) I don't waste my money.

I'm funny like that.

#23 jksl

jksl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:52 AM

Why should i point you to these published papers when i've never even said that demodex is a factor in "Most peoples acne".

You need to address the things i've said. For the last time, stop setting up strawman fallacies.

And yes, vets routinely use Ivermectin to kill the demodex. What's your point? That they're so easy to kill that vets have to use Ivermectin?

#24 LionQueen

LionQueen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:22 AM

I have a story to share about demodex, ZZ cream, etc.

About 3.5 years ago, I came back from a summer in Spain with really bad non-inflamed acne -- hard little flesh-colored bumps all over my face. It seemed like every pore was affected.

I should have gone to a derm, but I didn't. I went to my regular aesthetician for a facial. She told me that demodex mites could cause this sort of bumpy skin. So I went home, Googled, and found two sites: Acne.org and demodexsolutions.com (home of the infamous Walter).

I am ashamed to say that I swallowed the whole demodex story hook, line & sinker. I was sure I had found the Cure for Acne that no other American was smart/lucky enough to run across. I ordered the ZZ cream.

Long story short: it did nothing to get rid of my bumps, and it was way too harsh and drying for my skin.

Now, I know that some people on this board with inflammatory acne have found the ZZ cream helpful. The stuff has a lot of sulfur in it, and it does help dry up pimples. But the thing is .... it's not some magic Chinese herbal bullet. DS is charging quite a lot of money for a topical that contains a bunch of pretty ordinary ingredients. The whole "secret ingredient" bit is pure marketing hype, imo. DS is playing on the hopes of desperate people who feel like they've already tried everything to clear up their skin.

I have a lot of sympathy for these people, and I know what it feels like when you think you've tried everything. If you are dead set on trying ZZ cream as well, I won't be the one to talk you out of it. Maybe it'll help.

But don't start drinking the demodex Koolaid. This isn't a miracle cure.

QUOTE (Yo Adrienne! @ Nov 9 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am thinking about ordering one of the creams on the demodex solutions website just to give it a try... but i am on accutane right now and dont know if the cream would be too hard on my skin. so far the accutane has only made my acne worse, so i dont want to irritate it even more. i'll probably order it in the near future if accutane doesnt start to work soon.

Very bad idea. This is an extremely drying product. Please don't combine it with Accutane.

QUOTE (Yo Adrienne! @ Nov 8 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think the government is trying to keep this a secret so they can continue to sell us more over the counter CRAP that doesnt work? to keep the dermatologist in business? to continue to sell us some uneffective antibiotics?

lol, no.

What does the government have to do with it?

QUOTE (jksl @ Nov 22 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (iPodAddict @ Nov 22 2008, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jksl @ Nov 22 2008, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doctors have no choice but to ignore the zhongzhou cream because most of the ingredients are kept secret. I'm guessing they wouldn't want to look into something that they can't know anything about.

No, when you buy it it comes with a listing of all the ingredients.

Well, according to Walter at demodexsolutions, only the main ingredients are listed. The extra herbal ingredients are kept secret.

http://www.demodexso...e...?f=1&t=5979

Do you think that having secret ingredients is something people should look for in a product?

#25 terradacto

terradacto

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

doubt.gif

Yeah, what a scam. I think the government keeps a lot of things secret, and America's pharmaceutical industry is money based, but a site that's selling a product telling you this has fraud written all over it.

Believe it or not, I'm sure scientists and government officials suffer from acne and would also like a cure. They're rubbing their palms together for it, and when they do finally have it, that's when the $$$ comes in.

#26 djh123

djh123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

/

Edited by djh123, 04 September 2011 - 12:08 AM.

#27 AsiaXiah

AsiaXiah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (LionQueen @ Nov 23 2008, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a story to share about demodex, ZZ cream, etc.

About 3.5 years ago, I came back from a summer in Spain with really bad non-inflamed acne -- hard little flesh-colored bumps all over my face. It seemed like every pore was affected.

I should have gone to a derm, but I didn't. I went to my regular aesthetician for a facial. She told me that demodex mites could cause this sort of bumpy skin. So I went home, Googled, and found two sites: Acne.org and demodexsolutions.com (home of the infamous Walter).

I am ashamed to say that I swallowed the whole demodex story hook, line & sinker. I was sure I had found the Cure for Acne that no other American was smart/lucky enough to run across. I ordered the ZZ cream.

Long story short: it did nothing to get rid of my bumps, and it was way too harsh and drying for my skin.

Now, I know that some people on this board with inflammatory acne have found the ZZ cream helpful. The stuff has a lot of sulfur in it, and it does help dry up pimples. But the thing is .... it's not some magic Chinese herbal bullet. DS is charging quite a lot of money for a topical that contains a bunch of pretty ordinary ingredients. The whole "secret ingredient" bit is pure marketing hype, imo. DS is playing on the hopes of desperate people who feel like they've already tried everything to clear up their skin.

I have a lot of sympathy for these people, and I know what it feels like when you think you've tried everything. If you are dead set on trying ZZ cream as well, I won't be the one to talk you out of it. Maybe it'll help.

But don't start drinking the demodex Koolaid. This isn't a miracle cure.

QUOTE (Yo Adrienne! @ Nov 9 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am thinking about ordering one of the creams on the demodex solutions website just to give it a try... but i am on accutane right now and dont know if the cream would be too hard on my skin. so far the accutane has only made my acne worse, so i dont want to irritate it even more. i'll probably order it in the near future if accutane doesnt start to work soon.

Very bad idea. This is an extremely drying product. Please don't combine it with Accutane.

QUOTE (Yo Adrienne! @ Nov 8 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think the government is trying to keep this a secret so they can continue to sell us more over the counter CRAP that doesnt work? to keep the dermatologist in business? to continue to sell us some uneffective antibiotics?

lol, no.

What does the government have to do with it?

QUOTE (jksl @ Nov 22 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (iPodAddict @ Nov 22 2008, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (jksl @ Nov 22 2008, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doctors have no choice but to ignore the zhongzhou cream because most of the ingredients are kept secret. I'm guessing they wouldn't want to look into something that they can't know anything about.

No, when you buy it it comes with a listing of all the ingredients.

Well, according to Walter at demodexsolutions, only the main ingredients are listed. The extra herbal ingredients are kept secret.

http://www.demodexso...e...?f=1&t=5979

Do you think that having secret ingredients is something people should look for in a product?

I think that was an amazing bit of advice/personal experience you shared with us. Thanks so much for that.

I also find that the website is way too fishy... The spelling and grammar are completely all over the place (I'm not saying that good grammar is required to be correct, but being incredibly unprofessional like how the site is does lower the level of credibility, at least in my eyes). Also, every single study they refer to go back to the records that they are keeping at Chinese clinics that use the cream... But not a real study, with rigorous double blinds and whatnot.

I honestly think people who are going to give it a try should really think through it before they jump the gun. I know that when your face isn't the way you want it to be, any glimmer of hope can seem like the door to the solution.

#28 monkiesuit

monkiesuit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

Well, I was one of the so call "suckers" to try the ZZ ointment. However, the cream did really worked. I had steroid induced rosacea. My face was hideous after I discontinued the steroid usage; I looked like I had lupus! I've had great skin all of my life until that point, so I was quite depressed for months. After trying so many things, I came across information about this ointment on rosaceagroup.org. The cream did work miracles on my skin. My face was back to normal within 3 months. I am now on my 2nd jar of the ointment after 1 1/2 yr later, unfortunately, for some reason it doesn't work the same like before. I haven't changed my regimen at all. I am now struggling again, although, my skin is no where near as bad as before. I do find their secrete ingredients questionable. They should list everything in case of allergies. So much for the "miracle" ointment. sad.gif

#29 OhHai

OhHai

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

The site has a pop-up, thus making it fraudulent in my opinion.

#30 girlface15

girlface15

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Yo Adrienne! @ Nov 9 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So last night I was reading someone's post on here and they talked about a doctor that wrote a book on modern medicine and how "they" know what causes acne, but they choose to ignore the REAL cause so the doctors can have patients, the pharmaceutical companties can sell drugs, and they can keep you coming back! make sense right? if we had the cure for acne, there wouldnt be a need for the entire aisle of acne creams and washes at the store right?

Apparently there are some countries that WANT to help you (unlike the united states and europe). There is a lot of evidence that something called demodex mites are the cause of acne and rosacea. Most people have these mites in there skin and dont even know about it. I know that sounds scary, and almost insane, but it makes sense if you think about it! We know there are tiny living bacteria and dust mites living all around us, so maybe this doesnt sound so crazy. there is a simple test you can do to see if you have these mites (i havent done this yet). Its all explain on this website that sells creams from China to kill the mites (I'll post it at the bottom).

I've spent a good portion of my day researcing this theory and demodex mites are real! but most american websites choose not to blame the mites for causing acne and rosacea. they say "evidence is not conclusive that demodex mites are the cause of acne". why is this the first time ive ever heard of such a thing? Ive been batteling acne for most of my life and no one has ever suggested that mites were the cause!

Do you think the government is trying to keep this a secret so they can continue to sell us more over the counter CRAP that doesnt work? to keep the dermatologist in business? to continue to sell us some uneffective antibiotics? make your own decision... but i found all of this very intriguing!

there is all the information you need about these mites on: http://www.demodexsolutions.com/

they tell you how to test for mites, and also sell a cream to kill them. i havent bought it, but it all makes a lot of sense. there is other research out there to support the claims made on this website.

let me know what you guys think! dont yell at me if you disagree... i didnt make this up, im only sharing what i have found.

the goverment doesnt sell it to us. ?

#31 LalaMusic

LalaMusic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

Hi everyone,

First post. I'm on accutane and demodex solutions, though, and thought I ought to chime in.

I have to mostly agree with the assessments of LionQueen & AsiaXhia... Here's my acne/ demodex story in sum:

Had pretty flawless skin until senior year of high school, when I developed mild acne. This continued through college and turned into moderate acne at ~age 23. When I turned 26 last year, my acne was worse than ever. I couldn't believe I had acne as an adult!

Last year, I lived in South Africa (and am now back in the US). In October '08, I went in to see a dermatologist there about a suspicious-looking mole on my jaw. At the same time, the derma noticed my acne and prescribed Accutane, which I decided to start immediately. They did a biopsy on the mole and I received the results two weeks later: there was malignant melanoma (different story, and now I'm fine), and the pathologists had also found Demodex mites! I doubt they would have even looked for those if I'd had the biopsy done here in the US. Fortunately there, they did. (I told my stateside PCP about it when I got back, and she hadn't even heard of them... looked them up and saw that they're also called "human itch mites" here.)

I had never heard of them, did a lot of research (via google) and first came across demodex-related acne.org threads at that time. When I found out one demodex-symptom can be itchiness of the face and chest, I became conscious of just how often I had been scratching those areas for the previous several months! (It starts off so gradually, you don't really notice. And who ever suspects they have mites in their face?!)

The dermatologist recommended sulfur cream. After looking at the possibilities and finding out plain sulfur cream isn't that helpful, I ordered the products from Demodex Solutions... ZZ cream (night), xin fumanling cream (morning), eyelash cream (daily), shampoo (every few days) & bar soap. I started demodex treatment about 3 weeks after starting accutane. The accutane had started to clear me up within those first few weeks (no flare-ups with that, fortunately!). DS's website says you should expect to break out within a few days of using their products, meaning the products are working and the mites are dying off. It took about 1.5 weeks for my face to start breaking out, but it sure did! I got pimples in places I never had before, including places on my neck and chest. Clearly, the mites were dying off. I think being on accutane helped me not to break out as much as I would have, but these demodex-related breakouts lasted about a month.

Now, as a result of BOTH accutane and the DS products, my face is clearer than it has been in years and I am so thankful. I hope it will stay clear when I'm done using/ taking both products. Also, the extreme itchiness from the demodex has died down quite a bit, but I still have some itchiness... and am not sure how much of it is just due to dry skin, now. I do know for certain that it was initially caused by the mites (which is a creepy thought, btw), since I was itchy for awhile before starting accutane, when my skin was still fairly oily.

As I haven't fulfilled my 90 days with the DS products (the site recommended 90 days to get rid of the type that I have... there are two types), I've continued using them but have started to just use the xin fumanling cream at night... LionQueen is right-- ZZ cream is VERY drying and I don't recommend using it with accutane! My skin was extremely, extremely peely, no matter how much moisturizer I used... but since I've switched to just xin fumanling cream, it's been much better.

Another thing-- the xin fumanling cream, combined with the dryness from accutane, makes my face turn bright red, and when I used it in the morning, made for a pink face the rest of the day, which is no fun. Now that I use it only at night, and no ZZ cream any more (at least until I'm off accutane), it's not quite as bad.

I plan to take a break from the DS treatments after my 90 days are up in two weeks. However, I'm glad I still have more product on hand as I'll probably continue to use it off and on as a protective measure against being infested by them again!! I'm still not sure what the source was; DS's site says dogs carry them, but I've had little exposure to dogs.

Anyway, as for the question: do demodex mites cause acne? I was one of the desperate & hopeful ones who came across DS's website and believed the solution might be as simple as they claim. Here's what I think now: Yes, I think demodex mites do cause some acne, but not all. I think DS's statistics are quite inflated-- they claim something like 90-95% of acne is caused by demodex mites. That kind of claim sure helps sell their products, but I now doubt it's true. (And yes, their site does look fishy and has a lot of grammar errors... but at least I can testify that their products kill demodex.)

At the same time, since I saw a definite correlation between the demodex mites dying (and releasing toxins as they fought for their lives, or something) as I used the products... and now mostly clear skin a couple months later... I do believe they were at least causing my acne to get worse, which is significant. Even before I used DS products, the mites had to die sometime, then decay in your skin, which irritates pores and causes pimples... They also feed off sebum and I think they increase the oil production in your skin, which would also lead to more pimples.

So yes, IF you have them, they are likely making your acne worse, but they are probably not the sole cause! Rosacea might be another story-- it sounds more legit that they are a big culprit in that case.

If you're considering purchasing DS products, my recommendation is: make sure you have demodex before buying them-- I spent $413 for my 3-month supply of all those things! (Which will last me longer than 3 months, but still!!) You don't have to buy everything I did, but it's still EXPENSIVE!! And they probably won't completely cure your acne, although they WILL help somewhat IF you have demodex. On their website, they show how you or your dermatologist can test for whether you have the mites. I recommend you get tested, if you can, before purchasing the products needlessly.

So, there are my 4 cents... hopefully someone will find them helpful. biggrin.gif

#32 zinny999

zinny999

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

Personally I find DS product to be too expensive, there are other natural ways of dealing with demodex mites.

Apparently TTO "Tea Tree Oil" is also a very effective way of dealing with this problem. Demodex is also know to cause an eye problem called blepharitis.

The study treated patients with TTO and with Baby shampoo, it turn out after 4 week of treatments with TTO "once a week treatment in the clinic & 4-5 days of home treatment" was enough to completely rid of demodicosis.

Look up for article title "In vitro and in vivo killing of ocular Demodex by tea tree oil."

It is extremely informative.

The content on demodex written by DS website are all overhyped and blatantly exaggerated, clearly it was made for profit making.

Usually people who are affected are mostly age over 50's due to their immune system being lower then a typical teenager.

But you cant just get rid of it on your face by using these DS ointment, you will have to treat this on your eyelash, head, and even clean you bed sheet, replace your pillows.

These mites are resistant to a wide range of antiseptic solutions, and you will need to follow up weekly treatment after the initial treatment.

Since TTO is proven to be 100% effective, why fork out such expensive sum of money up to 300$ for sulfur that you can get from any chemist shop?

These day you can buy TTO for baths, shampoo for head and body, and face.

sorry bout my English it isn't my first language.

#33 megaman125

megaman125

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (zinny999 @ Mar 12 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally I find DS product to be too expensive, there are other natural ways of dealing with demodex mites.

Apparently TTO "Tea Tree Oil" is also a very effective way of dealing with this problem. Demodex is also know to cause an eye problem called blepharitis.

The study treated patients with TTO and with Baby shampoo, it turn out after 4 week of treatments with TTO "once a week treatment in the clinic & 4-5 days of home treatment" was enough to completely rid of demodicosis.

Look up for article title "In vitro and in vivo killing of ocular Demodex by tea tree oil."

It is extremely informative.

The content on demodex written by DS website are all overhyped and blatantly exaggerated, clearly it was made for profit making.

Usually people who are affected are mostly age over 50's due to their immune system being lower then a typical teenager.

But you cant just get rid of it on your face by using these DS ointment, you will have to treat this on your eyelash, head, and even clean you bed sheet, replace your pillows.

These mites are resistant to a wide range of antiseptic solutions, and you will need to follow up weekly treatment after the initial treatment.

Since TTO is proven to be 100% effective, why fork out such expensive sum of money up to 300$ for sulfur that you can get from any chemist shop?

These day you can buy TTO for baths, shampoo for head and body, and face.

sorry bout my English it isn't my first language.

I've read through some of this topic and about the demodex mites, and I think it's very interesting. I think I may give TTO a shot, as I have read that some people have had success with using it on pimples.

And about the US pharmacutical companies prescribing more expensive drugs over doing a study that may prove something cheaper is a more effective treatment. I believe this is completely true. Studies in other countries have shown that $12 fish oil is the best treatment for those who had a heart attack. Fish oil is the best way to prevent a future heart attack, even better than any $300 prescription medication. Yet doctors in the US will not prescribe it because:

a) They won't get paid as much
b) US companies refuse to accept the foriegn studies and also refuse to conduct their own study (or their study results were "inconclusive").

I wouldn't put it past these same companies to be doing the same thing when it comes to acne and trying to sell junk like ProActive.

(and by the way, your English was just fine, very readable.)

#34 Meeko

Meeko

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Yo Adrienne! @ Nov 9 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think the government is trying to keep this a secret so they can continue to sell us more over the counter CRAP that doesnt work? to keep the dermatologist in business? to continue to sell us some uneffective antibiotics? make your own decision... but i found all of this very intriguing!

Hi I haven't finished reading the whole thread yet but just wanted to respond to this part... I think if anyone found the true cure for acne they would make more money than all the over the counter crap put together. Alot of people are skeptical of creams and dont commit to purchase. If someone has the information to cure acne such as maybe this cream that kills the bugs then I'm sure they wouldn't keep it secret as it would make them billions and they would continue to make money as new people start to get acne.... There's no logical reason why they wouldn't market and sell this cure. I for one would rather spend like a few hundred quid on a permanent cure than have to keep "experimenting" with random crap off the shelve products that never work.

The government and taxes sicken me..... absolute robbery... they are the biggest criminals ever.

#35 zinny999

zinny999

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Meeko @ Mar 13 2009, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Yo Adrienne! @ Nov 9 2008, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The government and taxes sicken me..... absolute robbery... they are the biggest criminals ever.

Nothing in this world is certain except for death and tax eusa_boohoo.gif .

#36 lara_irk

lara_irk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:04 AM

hello everyone!
I was born in Russia and lived there for 24 years before i moved to Europe and then to the USA.
I have my acne problem since I was 14. Then when I was around 17 I decided to go to a cosmetologist and first thing she advised me to do a demodex test.
It looks like this: they take a smear from your acne's pus and test it for active demodex. My result was positive.
How I was explained, everyone has demodex under skin and it's completely normal as well as we all have different microbodies inside us.
The difference is that if something else wrong inside your body (hormons, stomach problems and etc.) this small mites become active and cause acne.

So, I went back to that cosmetologist with my result and was given a prescription for special cream which they make in pharmacies and which cost is about 4-5$.
Apparently they don't make that much money on it and it was much cheaper than other "anti-acne" products.
That cream really helped me. But than my skin got used to it and I my acne got back.
The doctor said I need to heal my body inside. She also gave me an article about demodex with a well-suggested plan to heal acne caused by these mites.

I don't remember now everything I did but that really helped me and my skin became clean and beautiful.
The problem is that the process is long and as soon as you get a good result and get back to your previous life (for example, eating sweets and spicy) your forgotten "friends" will come back.

#37 halfpipe101

halfpipe101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

I am about to order the acarid soap and the zz cream

has anyone had good/bad results?

#38 tigermike

tigermike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:54 AM

hi all,

just thought this was a pretty interesting topic and decided to share a little bit of info i found through a quick internet search.

"The best method of getting rid of both Demodex mites and scabies mites is to treat the skin with different preparations that are designed to destroy them. These include oils such as lauric and capric acid extracted from virgin coconut oil, tea tree oil, zinc and sulfur creams and Ivermectin or sea buckthorn oil. The application of these oils are done at bedtime and washed away first thing in the morning with warm water. Alternate modes of treatment for demodex mites (not scabies mites) include exposing the demodex mites to ultra pulse skin laser treatment as the demodex mites are very sensitive to light.

It must be remembered in this context that Demodex mites, unlike scabies mites, live in complete harmony with their hosts until their immune system is suppressed in any way. So one method of getting rid of demodex infection is to strengthen the body immunity and improve the health of the being. "

i found this on
http://www.scabies-k...odex-mites.html

#39 tigermike

tigermike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

hmmmm....

here's some more

Different tactics in the elimination of demodex mites include application of various oils, lauric and capric acid from virgin coconut oil, tea tree oil, zinc and sulfur creams, Ivermectin, and/or sea buckthorn oil. And these are usually applied by night, since this is when the demodex mites surface to the top of the epidermis. Sometimes application of such oils or creams are recommended after washing with warm water in order to open up the skin pores. A new modern technique that is possibly a way to kill demodex mites is ultra pulse skin laser treatment as demodex mites are sensitive to light. And remember, these are mites and are among the smallest of arthropods, so don't waste your money on anti-fungals claiming to eliminate demodex mites.

The incidence of the list of skin diseases is possibly due to the mites sapping the follicle of vital nutrients, or due to the human body's impaired or over-active immune system attacking the follicle containing waste material from dead mites, causing pimples, loss of hair, or whatnot. In fact, it seems Demodex mites are not the cause of the skin diseases at all. The over-infestation of Demodex mites in people with such skin conditions may only be a consequence of a deeper underlying problem. As mentioned, Demodex mites usually live in harmony with its hosts and over-infestation is usually related to a suppressed immune system, caused by stress or illness. So the key may very well be normalizing and/or strengthening the body's immune system through proper changes in one's diet, habits, and lifestyle.

found this here:
http://coconuter.blo...n-diseases.html

#40 temp123

temp123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

There's no good evidence that demodex causes acne vulgaris at all, and people on this site that have used specific anti-demodex treatments don't seem to do better than those that don't; in fact they seem to do much worse.

The evidence isn't even that good for acne rosacea either; if demodex does cause that it looks like it's only a small percentage, like 4% or less of patients; and the common treatments for rosacea don't tackle demodex either, but they still improve.