Photo

Accutane/Claravis Log *WEEK 12 PICS ADDED!!!* 1/27/2009 (Cysts are gone, but redness is there!!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#1 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hello everyone,
I've decided to start my very own accutane log. I am currently on Claravis 40mg a day and I started the entire process a week ago (October 24th). It has been a week since I've started claravis and so far, its been a nightmare.

--Dry lips
--Huge break out on my cheeks
--Skin peeling

Ahhh I'm just impatient...I really want to see my skin clear! I've been suffering with acne for over 5 years and the major problems that I have are mostly on my cheeks and chin!

The first two pictures is my skin BEFORE the accutane. The last two pictures is my skin exactly one week into the treatment. smile.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• Before_Accutane.jpg
  • Before_Accutane_2.jpg
  • 1st_Week.jpg
  • First_Week_2.jpg

#2 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

I've been getting chest pains the last couple of days. The pain isn't that bad, but I feel something every time I get up

#3 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:07 PM

Day 13

Absolutely no changes. The left side of my face blew up with cysts and the right side just stayed the same as before.

I am getting so irritated. The corner of my lips cracked and it hurts so bad!

When will there be improvement?!! sad.gif

#4 vandit00

vandit00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hey there Amanda, I just finished my third week taking 80mg of sotret daily. I have definitely been breaking out quite a bit and some days are worse than others. It is very hard to gauge when one has reached the bottom because everyone is different, but stay positive! Once the IB is done with the only direction is to clear skin! Hope your course goes well -Ian
Cleansing Routine

Olay Sensitive Skin Cleanser with Aloe
Complex 15 Moisturizer
Emu Oil as needed

Month 1 - 80mg Sotret Daily
Month 2 - 80mg Claravis Daily

Daily Vitamins
2x 1200mg Borage, Flax, Fish Oil
1x 50mg Zinc

Plenty of water and green tea!

#5 COD4: MODERN WARFARE 2!

COD4: MODERN WARFARE 2!

accutaner.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:17 PM

my acne was similar to yours when i started accutane, but mine was on my jawline. i cleared up mostly at the end of my 3rd month, hope you do too. GL

#6 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2008 - 12:40 AM

Thank you for the comments! smile.gif I would really love some more replies for encouragement. It's really tough going through this because every morning I wake up in hopes of some change. I get new cysts every morning and it has become tougher to cover it up with make up. sad.gif

Did anyone have the corner of their lips cracked? I am using aquaphor, but its not doing the trick for the corner of lips.

What did you guys eat during accutane? What foods did you avoid? What time of day did you take the pill?

#7 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

Alrighty, well, its been exactly 2 weeks now. No improvements at all, besides that my skin is breaking out even more and my lips are extremely dry. sad.gif

What do you guys think of the change based on the photos???

Attached Thumbnails

• Week_2.jpg
  • Week_2a.jpg
  • Week_2b.jpg

#8 vandit00

vandit00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:09 PM

Looks like you are experiencing an initial breakout. Don't get too discouraged, better now and get it over with and have the rest of the course to clear up. I would reccomend however, if you are able to hit up your derm again, get some of those bigger, more painful spots injected. I did that with a few of my problem areas and cyst, they seem so much less inflamed, my face doesn't throb! Good luck with the next few weeks, ill keep in touch!
Cleansing Routine

Complex 15 Moisturizer
Emu Oil as needed

Daily Vitamins
1x 50mg Zinc

#9 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

Thanks! Seems like you're the only one who even replies to my log. tongue.gif

I asked my derm about the shots before and she says she only gives them if there is an emergency situation. Ah well. I guess I will just wait and see and TRY to be patient.

Thank God I am not experiencing any depression or going through any sad moods. I feel exactly the same as I did before I got on accutane.

#10 JamesD

JamesD

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hi there Amanda. As the others have mentioned it really is a case of waiting a bit longer, it's difficult I know! My acne is very similar to yours and I really noticed an improvement after week 6 or so. I'm now in the 4th month and pretty much clear. Lots of water and moisturizer and you'll get there smile.gif

#11 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Thanks James! smile.gif How many glasses of water should I drink a day while on accutane?

#12 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

Day 18

The cysts have dried up! eusa_dance.gif But I am forming tiny little pimples on my skin! sad.gif I have a wedding to go to in a month and I really, really hope that my skin somewhat clears up by then! Think there is a chance? eusa_shifty.gif

#13 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

UGHHHHHHHH!!!!

i woke up with 3 new zits and A LOTTTT of blackheads on my nose!

Oh great, I totally jinxed myself yesterday! sad.gif

#14 slipperywhenfrosty

slipperywhenfrosty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

Keep your chin up smile.gif , its a long process and takes upto 3 months for your skin to start showing the effects, I hope it gets better for you soon, try to drink 1.8 -2 litres of water a day, apparently that helps. Good luck!!

27, female, Moderate -severe persistent acne prone to scarring, for about 12 years now , no nodules/cysts, Currently on Sotret - Month 1 -20mg/day, Month 2 -40mg/day, Month 3 -40mg/day, Month 4 -40mg/day

Read through my Sotret journey here

#15 vandit00

vandit00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

Hey Amanda, around the same time as you i started noticing all the blackheads purging as well. During the third week my skin broke out the worst but i think it is now calming down a bit. It is quite unbelievable how quickly things can turn around, don't lose hope! Loads of improvement can come in only a few weeks!
Cleansing Routine

Complex 15 Moisturizer
Emu Oil as needed

Daily Vitamins
1x 50mg Zinc

#16 tth1990

tth1990

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

I think that a month from now, when the wedding is, you will see a significant change by then. It's hard to say though, so just hope for the best I guess. I'm just thinking that they should start going down now though, since you've experienced such a bad initial outbreak already this early.

#17 Rai

Rai

I love my fake smile. :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

Hey Amanda,

I started accutane 7 days ago, so your mor experianced than I am ha ha but as for your questions, I dont know if you are still using aquaphor for your lips, but I use carmex and I swear it is the only thing that ever worked for me up here in the winter when my lips were always dry and cracking.

And what to take your pill with, my derm told me to take it with a glass of 2% milk because apprently it helps it absorb into the system.

good luck! looks like your doing good!
Accutane started 07/11/08
6 month's completed!
Yasmin BCPno longer on BCP
RoC Purif-AC Soothing Reparator

Click for my accutane log - http://www.acne.org/...wi-t216262.html

"no one will remember today so don't sweat it, look forward to the future"

#18 taylor mm

taylor mm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:49 PM

hi there. i actually started claravis on october 25th, so basically the same time as you. i haven't had a big breakout, a couple popped up but they weren't cystic anymore and went away in a day. my lips are so incredibly dry at times and one corner has cracked. my nose got dry and a layer pretty much peeled off.

my skin feels different.. it feels dewy, not greasy. i'm already using less makeup. not putting all my eggs in one basket though because i've read some people break out farther into treatment.

i think i saw where you asked about food. i take mine with dinner every night. i try to pick healthy, good fatty foods.

hope this helps!

#19 amanda1234

amanda1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2008 - 02:05 AM

Thank you guys for all the support and advice! I really, really appreciate all the kinds words, especially during this IB time. tongue.gif

It's great to see others who have also started accutane the same time as me. We can share our experiences together! eusa_dance.gif

Week 3
-->My nose is really dry, a bit stuffy in one nostril.

-->Lips are dry as usual (started using vaseline, carmex AND aquaphor).

-->I've also been having breathing problems...feel short of breath sometimes, but its nothing serious.

Well, here are my Week 3 pictures. Let me know what you guys think! smile.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• Week_3.jpg
  • Week_3a.jpg

#20 slipperywhenfrosty

slipperywhenfrosty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:49 AM

definitely looks like its all drying up and that its getting better ..Hope this is the last of the IB for you... I'm stiill awaiting mine!!! redface.gif

27, female, Moderate -severe persistent acne prone to scarring, for about 12 years now , no nodules/cysts, Currently on Sotret - Month 1 -20mg/day, Month 2 -40mg/day, Month 3 -40mg/day, Month 4 -40mg/day

Read through my Sotret journey here