Photo

The power of thoughts/emotions - mind-body connection!!!!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:55 AM

(Back to the topic of the thread)
Reading about the mother who performed her own C-section to save her own baby just goes to further show how powerful the mind is. It also shows what lengths a mother will go to, to save her own child. Talk about tough!
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#22 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:41 PM

Hey jc - do you think if I convince myself I have eaten that raw garlic (even when I haven't) I may still get a result? biggrin.gif
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#23 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:02 PM

I'm not sure Maya...it all depends on how good you are at levitation. You can levitate right? user posted image

biggrin.gif
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#24 Autom8ed

Autom8ed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:32 PM

Is this what its come to folks? Not enough to do or think about with all the different products, methods, treatments and procedures for acne and scars.. now we have to prep ourselves mentally before each meal? :lol:

I think we've just about covered all bases of acne and scar treatment with this one right here. Only thing I can think of that could possibly top this would be if someone started using a Martian Soil Mask on their face.

idea.gif

#25 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

It's like dancing only better.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:50 PM

Well, it certainly won't make it WORSE, will it?

Do you have any of that Martian Soil Mask?
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
-Oscar Wilde

#26 leopolda

leopolda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:07 PM

Hello, all. What an interesting conversation. I usually just frequent the scar boards, but this is also a great forum. I definitely believe in the mind body connection. Example, I am personally very unhappy with our (US) present political situation: I strongly disagree with just about everything the Bush administration does and everytime I see a news report, listen to National Public Radio, or read a newspaper, I just get so worked up (no offense to anyone, just my personal views for example's sake). I can feel it in my stomache. AND, I have been sick more in the past 2 years than in any other time during my life in addition to just feeling like I am in a funk (I'm generally a very upbeat person). Another quick example, a woman I spoke to about dermabrasion (who has had more than 1) told me that she was SO nervous and anxious about her first procedure and that, although she was pleased with the final outcome, it took her an unusually long time to heal. For her 2nd procedure however, even though it was quite a few years later (hence her skin should have healed more slowly), she was confident and at peace going into the procedure and afterwards, and she said that her healing time was less than 1/2 of what it had originally been...Interesting.

Also, on meditation and being better able to focus in a class than alone, I was taught that for some people meditation is better conducted in a solitary setting, and for others it is more of a communal activity (although everyone is silent with eyes closed, you can feed of of the collective energy of those around you). For me, for example, it's very difficult to find a center in the midst of others (a few classes I've taken), but much easier in the isolation of my home. I tend to be an introvert, so who knows. But i think, from what I've heard (and it makes sense to me), that you fall into one of the two categories and neither is superior to the other. Just a though. Thanks for a great, thought-inducing thread.

--leo

#27 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:25 PM

Also, on meditation and being better able to focus in a class than alone, I was taught that for some people meditation is better conducted in a solitary setting, and for others it is more of a  communal activity (although everyone is silent with eyes closed, you can feed of of the collective energy of those around you).  For me, for example, it's very difficult to find a center in the midst of others (a few classes I've taken), but much easier in the isolation of my home.  I tend to be an introvert, so who knows.  But i think, from what I've heard (and it makes sense to me), that you fall into one of the two categories and neither is superior to the other.  Just a though.  Thanks for a great, thought-inducing thread.

--leo

Hey leo biggrin.gif

Thanks for that! I think I fall into the group meditation type ... I love the energy of a good group.

And I believe you're definately right, when we feel happy and relaxed, it's easier to heal.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.