Photo

Been prescribed doxycycline, best time to take it?

green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 aliass

aliass

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

Hey people, I've been to the doctors today and have been prescribed to take 100mg of Doxyclycline every day. Could you please tell me when the best time is too take it? I want to be able to take it in the morning to be honest as if i want to go out with friends, i don't want ot worry about missing a dose.

I've hard that if you take it on an empty stomach you literally vomit immediately, would taking this every day after breakfast be a good idea?

I'm also on dalacin t which is a topical form of Clindamycin phosphate. I plan to use this ONLY at night as people are starting to ask, why is your face so shiny? that really got me down.

So would taking this after breakfast be ok?

Bran flakes- With rice milk
Green Tea
Banana

Thanks!

I'm sorry to have made two posts about this but I'm getting no responses on the antibiotics forums, i would also like to know if anyone has had any success with this drug?

#2 15yo

15yo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hi, my doctor prescribed me Doxycycline too, and they are pretty little turqoise pills!

I took them every morning, and sometimes I didn't eat, which isn't good. I never threw up because I didn't eat though, but I rarely ever throw up and I felt sick to my stomach sometimes, so take it after eating, but if you don't it's not the end of the world.

About the cream stuff, I also take retin-a cream and yes I do it before I go to bed because otherwise your face gets shiny which makes it look weird. Always wash your face before putting any topical on though, and make sure you keep on moisturizing your face!

#3 aliass

aliass

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

* The medication comes as a capsule, tablet, or injection. It is usually taken once or twice a day, depending on your healthcare provider's instructions.
* It works best when taken without food. However, it can be taken with food if it upsets your stomach.
* Doxycycline should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your system.
* For the drug to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Make sure that you complete your entire prescription of doxycycline, even if you start feeling better. This will ensure that the infection is completely treated.

If i take it say 30 mins after breakfast would that be ok? Thanks for the reply! how was the doxy for you?

#4 aliass

aliass

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:40 AM

Anyone sad.gif ?

#5 aliass

aliass

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:52 AM

Hmm i was wondering, Bran flakes make me need a hench crap, would going for a numero 2 relatively close to taking the drug wash it out of my system?

#6 lilgilly

lilgilly

Miss E.McG

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:59 AM

i used to take doxycycline
Take it definitely after food!!! I remember taking it one time without food and i felt sooooo sick i didn't vomit but i was nauseous for ages.

And no if you go the bathroom after u take it it wont be out of your system. The pharmokinetics of the drug take time for it to be abrobed, distributed through your body, metabolised then excreted so dont worry you'll be fine

Just eat before! smile.gif

#7 aliass

aliass

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:03 AM

Thank you very much! very nice display picture too wink.gif

#8 Tyga

Tyga

H!&H

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:40 AM

Edited by Heir, 17 October 2009 - 04:40 PM.

#9 recurringdream

recurringdream

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:57 AM

I took Doxy a while ago and it did work for me. My main problem at the moment is blackheads and clogged pores, which is minimal compared to what I was dealing with before I went on Doxy. That was back in 2005 so I cant quite remember wheather I took it in the morning or at night, but I'm pretty sure I took it with food. For me, the first couple of weeks were the worst, but it got a bit better after a while.

Word of advice - nearing the end of the course be sure to start taking probiotics. I took probiotics (Kyo-Dophilus brand - doesn't require refrigeration) for months after coming off Doxy and found that it really helped a lot. Just started taking probiotics again (different brand though) and wish I had never stopped taking them in the first place.