Photo

pantothenic acid vs. pantethine?

pantothenic pantothenic acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
193 replies to this topic

#41 dude123

dude123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:21 PM

Does this form of treatment help with cystic acne?

pantethine is the result of broken down pantothenic acid....its the active form of B5....taking pantethine is exactly like taking pantothenic acid, we're just omitting a step

#42 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2004 - 04:15 PM

To Gamer-

Why stop you current reg (Perricone) if it was doing so well?

#43 2ShyGuy

2ShyGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

Hey Dude:

Yes i got my pantethine in wednesday and ive taken 900 mg per day since then (so only 2 days)

I swear I noticed a difference only yesterday (one day). My face seemed extra dry. However, I didnt put on the wrinkle raiders cream and i usually do which makes my face a bit more oily. So im going to today and see if that makes a difference.

I'll keep you updated.

how is yours going? Still noticing a difference?

2SG
On a traffic light green means go and yellow means yield, but on a banana it's just the opposite. Green means hold on, yellow means go ahead, and red means where the fuck did you get that banana at...
-Mitch Hedberg

#44 dude123

dude123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:20 PM

Hey Dude:

Yes i got my pantethine in wednesday and ive taken 900 mg per day since then (so only 2 days)

I swear I noticed a difference only yesterday (one day).  My face seemed extra dry.  However, I didnt put on the wrinkle raiders cream and i usually do which makes my face a bit more oily.  So im going to today and see if that makes a difference.

I'll keep you updated.

how is yours going? Still noticing a difference?

2SG

dude, its really weird........my face had been pretty good oil wise for a few days, and then all of a sudden this morning, the oil returned (I had been using the Noxema face wash, and used the Aveeno .5% salicyclic acid wash this morning).....I must've washed my face for too long this morning or something....I'm not sure, but I think I'm gonna use the noxema wash exclusively now, and just throw in the St. Ives gentle scrub a few days a week for exfoliation (and to help get rid of my redmarks, because I have no active acne on my face besides a couple on my forehead)....I got my order of 3 bottles of pantethine today, and am taking 3 a day (1 when I get up, 1 at dinner, and one before I go to bed) is this approx the schedule you are going to follow? just curious..

#45 2ShyGuy

2ShyGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2004 - 09:51 PM

Yea, i am gonna take 3 a day: breakfast, late lunch, and Dinner.

thats weird that your face is more oily now. I bet its the stuff you washed with.

2sG
On a traffic light green means go and yellow means yield, but on a banana it's just the opposite. Green means hold on, yellow means go ahead, and red means where the fuck did you get that banana at...
-Mitch Hedberg

#46 sel8k

sel8k

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:01 PM

Does this form of treatment help with cystic acne?

pantethine is the result of broken down pantothenic acid....its the active form of B5....taking pantethine is exactly like taking pantothenic acid, we're just omitting a step

So is that a yes? I'm new here and I don't know anything about pantothenic acid.

#47 purepersian786

purepersian786

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:21 PM

hey guys.. im gonna jump on the boat with u guys too

listen iv been taking B5 at 10g a day for 3 months now, i use the acnemiracle brand, so it has zinc in it also..
if i was to introduce Panethine in to my regimen how would i do it?

what dosage should i start off on and what about the B5? should i carry on with that and slowly take it down? if so at what dosage.. 10g?

thanks guys
Judge not as you'll be judged first...

#48 allan

allan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2004 - 05:53 AM

I've just stopped taking B5 after a year of taking it as I have been unwell for almost 2 months and can only tihnk it's the B5. I've been taking 900mg of pantethine since Friday and although my skin still seems dry I have developed a few new spots around my mouth. I hope this is purely coincedence, as I don't want to go back to how I was before I started taking the B5 as I would rather be dead than endure that again.

#49 2ShyGuy

2ShyGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:19 PM

Allan,

First when did you stop taking B% to take pantethine? how long was the grace period in other words. I'd say if it was over a few days to a week, then there could be some new formations.

Also, what strenght of b5 were you taking? 900 mg is the equivalient of about 8 grams of b5 (just guessing from what ive read/heard), so if you were taking 10 grams you might notice a difference. Although, after that long you are supposed to be able to reduce yourb5 significantly, so i don't really know.

I'd say stick with it for a while and see how things go.

2SG
-Mitch Hedberg

#50 allan

allan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:48 PM

I stopped taking the B5 on the Friday just gone and immediately begain taking 900mg of pantethine, split over 3 times a day, with breakfast, lunch and evening meal. I was actually only on 2 grams of B5 which seemed to be working just aswell as when I was on a higher dose. I've gone back to the B5 today as when I got up this morning I had a few more formed.

#51 sushi

sushi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:25 PM

i definitely think this thread deserves a bump.... could more people please update or post their results?

i ordered 3 orders of B5 from b5clearskin.com because of their generous return policy (up to 3 orders of B5 will be refunded completely, even with shipping).

my face is pretty clear, it's just my back and chest that makes me look to vitamins to help prevent acne internally. i simply didn't feel comfortable mega-dosing on any vitamin. i'm 17 and fairly petite, i just kept on feeling i was screwing up my insides or something.

so anyway this pantethine looks extremely promising, i'm ready to return my B5 and just get 1 or 2 bottles of the swanson's.

#52 purepersian786

purepersian786

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:07 PM

hey guys.. im gonna jump on the boat with u guys too

listen iv been taking B5 at 10g a day for 3 months now, i use the acnemiracle brand, so it has zinc in it also..
if i was to introduce Panethine in to my regimen how would i do it?

what dosage should i start off on and what about the B5? should i carry on with that and slowly take it down? if so at what dosage.. 10g?

thanks guys

Judge not as you'll be judged first...

#53 babowc

babowc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2004 - 05:36 PM

XgamerX, if your dr.p's reg was working so well.. why are you going on the panetheine?.. i thought you were virtually clear from acne due to the perricone reg...

#54 2ShyGuy

2ShyGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:24 PM

dude123, how is the pantethine doing? Still seeing improvement? Im on day 6 but my face is breaking out because i started using C&C blackhead clearing scrub (stupid on my part). I quit using it though so i hope my face is back to "normal" in 2 days or so.

Im taking 900 mg and i wanted to cut back to 600 a day, but with the way my face is going i'll probably stick with 900 to try and get clear faster.

2SG
-Mitch Hedberg

#55 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:16 PM

I asked Gamer the same question earlier in this thread, and no response :-k

#56 XGamerX

XGamerX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 03:34 AM

XgamerX, if your dr.p's reg was working so well.. why are you going on the panetheine?.. i thought you were virtually clear from acne due to the perricone reg...

Its sad that no one even tries reading the answers I give. I already answered this many times. It is very simple so I will explain it yet again. Dr. P's regimen has cleared my face. I am basically 99% clear overall. However, its a costly regimen. It costs me a lot of money, a lot of maintaenence, and a lot of enjoyment. If I could find an easier solution, one that costs less and doesnt involve my super strict diet, then thatd be great.

If pantethine along did the trick, I would save a lot of money and its worth giving it a try if it can keep me from living in a cardboard box.

#57 Speedracer

Speedracer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:57 AM

understandable...

#58 dude123

dude123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:53 AM

2SG

I really havent seen much difference at all in the oil on my nose, which is always really oily, but can easily be taken care of with a dab of a tissue...the only other place on my face thats remotely oily is my forehead, and I have seen a bit of a reduction, which is good....

on another note, that website that you posted, www.pantethine.info there was an interesting stat on your website that was quite interesting and may explain why in some cases pantethine works better than pantothenic acid...it had to do with the fact that while both were water soluble, pantothenic acid only stays in your body as long as it needs to process it, then its excreted through urine....Pantethine on the other hand, stays in your body for a full 16 hours...so now i understand why you have to take such a small amount of pantethine to get the same effectiveness as 10g or more of pantothenic acid...

#59 2ShyGuy

2ShyGuy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 12:03 PM

pantothenic acid only stays in your body as long as it needs to process it, then its excreted through urine....Pantethine on the other hand, stays in your body for a full 16 hours...so now i understand why you have to take such a small amount of pantethine to get the same effectiveness as 10g or more of pantothenic acid...

Thats cool, I didnt see that.

Well, even though it is more potent, it's still gonna take probably 3-4 weeks before it really kicks in and you notice a big difference (like B5). The key is to stick with it. Then, if in the end it didnt work you'l know for sure.

2SG
-Mitch Hedberg

#60 malia

malia

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 April 2004 - 11:11 PM

2SG

you mentioned earlier that 900mg of pantethine is equal to about 8g of B5. where did you get that conversion? maybe we need to up our dosage a bit for the first few weeks to jump start the process? i'm just afraid that takin 4 pills a day might be really bad. also, i'm going to try to take a tablet of niacin along with the pantethine. it seems to increase blood circulation (face flushing) so that might distribute the pantethine better? i can't afford all of dr. p's regimen pills either, gamer sad.gif