Photo

Is it true that wheat bread causes acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 Salty1

Salty1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

Yes,
wheat bread causes acne, sometimes even severe acne in some people. Everyone has a different degree of inflammatory response from gluten. Your body views it as a foreign invader, it causes inflammation and nasty little bumps on your face.

I have a very clean diet and could not figure out what was causing my recent acne breakouts, I started to look at exactly what I had been doing, a recent stomach bug forced me to eat a lot of plain bread products like crackers/bagels while I recovered, so I started a trial and gave this up, within 3 days my skin completely turned around.
I was getting a new pimple every day, this immediately stopped when I gave up gluten.
It is no nice to not even think about this stuff anymore, I am free from this issue finally after years of struggling with mild/moderate issues, I do not even think about my face anymore.
I leave the house sans makeup every day now and it's the best feeling in the world.
I'm not even attempting to cheat, I'm find with all the alternatives I have found -
Please do yourself a favor and try giving up wheat / gluten for a couple weeks and see how your body responds, I never had stomach issues with consuming wheat so I was completely clueless.

I am telling everyone I run across with an acne issue about this biggrin.gif

#22 Phresh

Phresh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (MayhemMaker @ Oct 23 2008, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Parkside @ Oct 23 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, your body is NOT going to be okay if you cut out staples like wheat and dairy. Just cut out excess sugar, which you don't need anyways, and keep plugging on.

Yea, I'm not going to. I might change from wheat to other carb sources like potatoes for some meals but not all. I would never stop drinking milk unless my acne got horrible ... it would hinder my bodybuilding too much

BTW how do you make an avatar

I want to put my lat spread up

Posted Image

edit: hm it doesnt seem to work sad.gif

Milk is already hindering your bodybuilding by being a shit protein and all-around terrible thing for your health. You can replace that protein/carbs so easily elsewhere.

10 slices of bread a day is also way too much. If you're really worried about it get organic sprouted grain bread. I eat 1-4 slices a day with PB or turkey sandwiches (it depends on what exercise I did that day).

#23 Keiko Kawashima

Keiko Kawashima

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

alot of people say that meat is bad for you if you have acne. i have mild acne which now my skin looks a little bit better...but i ate meat all my life and never was a cause of my acne. it depends on certain people. everybody has a different metabolism which some certain foods can react different in someoneĀ“s body. iĀ“m not saying that meat canĀ“t cause acne, but itĀ“s not my problem, for me meat doesnĀ“t effects my acne nor bread. but like i said before it depends on certain people.

#24 gMARIAs

gMARIAs

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Hannastina @ Aug 21 2009, 06:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TonyZ @ Aug 19 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hannastina @ Aug 19 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might not have to totally cut out bread from your diet but just not eat so much... and when you do eat brown bread instead of white for example. Or what I often do its for example instead of having a sandwich with bread, I instead take a large lettuce leaf and fill it up with ham, tomato etc. Its alot more healthy and is actually really yummy smile.gif

Once I didn't eat bread for 2 weeks, only eating meat, eggs, cheese and lettuce and cucumber and my skin cleared up completely... so that is enough proof for me that bread isn't so good for you!

Saying that bread in general is bad for you is not too smart. 100% whole grains are actually very good for you. They are high in fiber, protein, and lots of vitamins and phyonutrients. Your supposed to get at least 3 serving of whole grains a day. There is a big difference between refined carbs and whole grain carbs.

No, bread is not bad for everyone. But it is bad for me because I have an allergy to it smile.gif

Yes, bread IS bad for everyone. Gluten is harmful regardless if you have a sensitivity or not. Not to mention, breads have a nasty habit of spiking blood sugar - again, bad for everyone and especially bad for acne.

It's even less smart to say whole grains are good for you. Whole grains in general are not inherently good for you. It's really quite a sad thing to see false knowledge so commonly spread. You can get all of your essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients and fiber from good wholesome unprocessed meat, vegetables, fruits and nuts. Grains are far from essential to our health.

Edited by gMARIAs, 07 April 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#25 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Parkside @ Oct 23 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, your body is NOT going to be okay if you cut out staples like wheat and dairy. Just cut out excess sugar, which you don't need anyways, and keep plugging on.

NOT true. I am a raw foodist and I not only don't eat wheat or dairy but I don't eat ANY grains. And not only is my body "okay" but I have a healthier, stronger, SEXIER body than I have ever had in my entire life. My skin is totally clear. The clearing of my skin BEGAN when I gave up wheat, and it only continued to get clearer, stronger and more beautiful tone as I went more raw.

Raw food is the answer to health. I'm 90% raw and 10% of what I eat is meat and eggs. This completes the amino acids in the diet. The raw greens, fruits, sprouts and vegetables keep my body healthy and alkaline.

People do not want to accept the truth. They want to keep eating whatever they want and expect to have good skin. It doesn't work that way.

#26 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (gMARIAs @ Apr 7 2011, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, bread IS bad for everyone. Gluten is harmful regardless if you have a sensitivity or not. Not to mention, breads have a nasty habit of spiking blood sugar - again, bad for everyone and especially bad for acne.

It's even less smart to say whole grains are good for you. Whole grains in general are not inherently good for you. It's really quite a sad thing to see false knowledge so commonly spread. You can get all of your essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients and fiber from good wholesome unprocessed meat, vegetables, fruits and nuts. Grains are far from essential to our health.

I was thankful to see this post. Thank God someone on this forum knows what's up. It's really sad how brainwashed people are by the media and the multiple processed bread, pasta and cereal commercials that come on tv each day. It's CRAP, people. You're being lied to. Grains are not only NOT essential for health they are BAD for us. Wake up.

#27 chunkylard

chunkylard

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (MayhemMaker @ Oct 23 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (I am Snow @ Oct 23 2008, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MayhemMaker @ Oct 23 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a bodybuilder I eat alot of wheat bread and drink alot of milk, I've been told milk causes acne but does wheat bread as well?

If so can you tell me why?

sad.gif

I just finished making a thread about this. It took me a while to believe that wheat was not good.. but its really not good for you if you have acne.

Milk is dairy. Dairy is pasteurized. It has all kinds of hormones in it that they feed cows...Unless your milk is organic anyways.

And the reason wheat is bad (all breads, pasta) is it contains gluten. Gluten is an inflammatory=not good for acne.

*Throws hands up in the air*

Lord, what can one do. No matter what I do it seems like Im eatin somethin that's bad for me.

How bad is it for acne?

For example I probably eat at least ten slices of wheat bread daily ... ugh

Think of it like this. If it's a food your cavemen ancestors didn't have access to, it's probably bad for you.