Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MayhemMaker

Is it true that wheat bread causes acne?

27 posts in this topic

Yes, bread IS bad for everyone. Gluten is harmful regardless if you have a sensitivity or not. Not to mention, breads have a nasty habit of spiking blood sugar - again, bad for everyone and especially bad for acne.

It's even less smart to say whole grains are good for you. Whole grains in general are not inherently good for you. It's really quite a sad thing to see false knowledge so commonly spread. You can get all of your essential vitamins, minerals, nutrients and fiber from good wholesome unprocessed meat, vegetables, fruits and nuts. Grains are far from essential to our health.

I was thankful to see this post. Thank God someone on this forum knows what's up. It's really sad how brainwashed people are by the media and the multiple processed bread, pasta and cereal commercials that come on tv each day. It's CRAP, people. You're being lied to. Grains are not only NOT essential for health they are BAD for us. Wake up.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

As a bodybuilder I eat alot of wheat bread and drink alot of milk, I've been told milk causes acne but does wheat bread as well?

If so can you tell me why?

:(

I just finished making a thread about this. It took me a while to believe that wheat was not good.. but its really not good for you if you have acne.

Milk is dairy. Dairy is pasteurized. It has all kinds of hormones in it that they feed cows...Unless your milk is organic anyways.

And the reason wheat is bad (all breads, pasta) is it contains gluten. Gluten is an inflammatory=not good for acne.

*Throws hands up in the air*

Lord, what can one do. No matter what I do it seems like Im eatin somethin that's bad for me.

How bad is it for acne?

For example I probably eat at least ten slices of wheat bread daily ... ugh

Think of it like this. If it's a food your cavemen ancestors didn't have access to, it's probably bad for you.

After suffering with acne since age 11, finally found my triggers 11 years later.

Clear for almost 1 year & in control of my acne, although due to some hyperpigmentation, I believed I was still breaking out. In fact, I thought I had just cleared up a few months ago, but after realizing my "breakouts" were simply scarring I also realized I was technically clear for much longer than I thought. Rare breakouts only whenever I get lazy with my diet.

The Cure for Acne:

-Avoid the Acne Trifecta: Soy, Gluten, and Dairy like the plague.

-Eat a Low-GI diet and avoid Sugar.

-Eat lots of protein and healthy fats (ANTIBIOTIC FREE/NO HORMONES ADDED/FREE RANGE/HUMANELY SLAUGHTERED)

-Get lots of green vegetables and sunshine.

-Supplement whenever possible. Due to how much we've ruined food in the past 60 years, the amount of nutrients found in food nowadays is lower than it was decades ago.

-Exercise, get sunshine, and avoid stressful situations.

-Don't fear food. Go out & eat. It's not good for the skin, but it's good for the soul.