Photo

Is it true that wheat bread causes acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 MayhemMaker

MayhemMaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

As a bodybuilder I eat alot of wheat bread and drink alot of milk, I've been told milk causes acne but does wheat bread as well?

If so can you tell me why?

sad.gif

#2 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (MayhemMaker @ Oct 23 2008, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a bodybuilder I eat alot of wheat bread and drink alot of milk, I've been told milk causes acne but does wheat bread as well?

sad.gif

I just finished making a thread about this. It took me a while to believe that wheat was not good.. but its really not good for you if you have acne.

Milk is dairy. Dairy is pasteurized. It has all kinds of hormones in it that they feed cows...Unless your milk is organic anyways.

And the reason wheat is bad (all breads, pasta) is it contains gluten. Gluten is an inflammatory=not good for acne.

#3 MayhemMaker

MayhemMaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (I am Snow @ Oct 23 2008, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sad.gif

I just finished making a thread about this. It took me a while to believe that wheat was not good.. but its really not good for you if you have acne.

Milk is dairy. Dairy is pasteurized. It has all kinds of hormones in it that they feed cows...Unless your milk is organic anyways.

And the reason wheat is bad (all breads, pasta) is it contains gluten. Gluten is an inflammatory=not good for acne.

*Throws hands up in the air*

Lord, what can one do. No matter what I do it seems like Im eatin somethin that's bad for me.

How bad is it for acne?

For example I probably eat at least ten slices of wheat bread daily ... ugh

#4 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (MayhemMaker @ Oct 23 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sad.gif

Lord, what can one do. No matter what I do it seems like Im eatin somethin that's bad for me.

How bad is it for acne?

believe me... I LOVED wheat. The gluten in wheat is an inflammatory, as stated previously.

#5 MayhemMaker

MayhemMaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (I am Snow @ Oct 23 2008, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MayhemMaker @ Oct 23 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sad.gif

How bad is it for acne?

believe me... I LOVED wheat. The gluten in wheat is an inflammatory, as stated previously.

I acknowledge that, but how badly does it affect acne?

Is it a massive irritant like rubbing your face in bacon grease or does it not affect as much, as if you simply used a less than reputable acne product?

I don't think I could give it up to be honest ... unless my acne got alot worse

#6 Gearhead

Gearhead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:45 PM

I'm sure moderate amounts of wheat bread would be okay, unless you're extremely sensitive to gluten which some people are. Find out if you are, it all depends on the person. I'm personally fine when I eat wheat bread. Now 10 slices a day may be overboard, so cut down and see if you still break out from it. I had a time when I was eating 4-6 slices daily and I never broke out more than I normally did when not eating it. I usually eat about 2-4 slices now when making avocado/veggie sandwiches. The only things that really break me out are sugary, processed foods. I'm even fine when I eat things like pizza and drinking milk. Again, some people are much more sensitive to certain foods, you need to find out what breaks you out, though it can sometimes be hard to pinpoint it.

#7 MayhemMaker

MayhemMaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Gearhead @ Oct 23 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure moderate amounts of wheat bread would be okay, unless you're extremely sensitive to gluten which some people are. Find out if you are, it all depends on the person. I'm personally fine when I eat wheat bread. Now 10 slices a day may be overboard, so cut down and see if you still break out from it. I had a time when I was eating 4-6 slices daily and I never broke out more than I normally did when not eating it. I usually eat about 2-4 slices now when making avocado/veggie sandwiches. The only things that really break me out are sugary, processed foods. I'm even fine when I eat things like pizza and drinking milk. Again, some people are much more sensitive to certain foods, you need to find out what breaks you out, though it can sometimes be hard to pinpoint it.

Thank you. And I highly doubt I'm super sensitive to it as I've never really had big acne problems, recently I've just been buying a loaf of bread and eating 10 slices a day for carbs, I'll try switching to other carb sources for a bit.

#8 dj23

dj23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:46 PM

I think wheat can be bad for certain people, I used to eat all that whole grain stuff before I found out that it worsened my acne.

#9 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

Just test it. You only need a week to find out. Just do not eat ANY wheat products for a week and see what the outcome is.

#10 Parkside

Parkside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:19 PM

Dude, your body is NOT going to be okay if you cut out staples like wheat and dairy. Just cut out excess sugar, which you don't need anyways, and keep plugging on.

#11 MayhemMaker

MayhemMaker

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Parkside @ Oct 23 2008, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, your body is NOT going to be okay if you cut out staples like wheat and dairy. Just cut out excess sugar, which you don't need anyways, and keep plugging on.

Yea, I'm not going to. I might change from wheat to other carb sources like potatoes for some meals but not all. I would never stop drinking milk unless my acne got horrible ... it would hinder my bodybuilding too much

BTW how do you make an avatar

I want to put my lat spread up

Posted Image

edit: hm it doesnt seem to work sad.gif

#12 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

I eat Ezekiel bread and English Muffin like everyday.... and i am clear.=\

#13 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Parkside @ Oct 24 2008, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think dairy is a staple food.

#14 fut

fut

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:21 PM

It really depends on the individual.

On my case all carbs would feed the Candida in my body which would cause acne. Eliminating all carbs including wheat bread cured it.

#15 WestCoast7

WestCoast7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

What do all of you use as a substitute for wheat bread? Can you eat any bread? Also along with wheat bread what are other products that contain a lot of wheat the should be eliminated?

I think I might have problems with wheat so any advice would be great.

#16 Rawhide

Rawhide

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

I haven't eat bread for like 3 months and 0 improvement with that.. Seems like you can't eat anything if you have acne.. you can't even drink water, there are chemicals in it!... Don't go outside there's pollution that might make your acne worse! Don't do anything, stop living ?

#17 Hannastina

Hannastina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

You might not have to totally cut out bread from your diet but just not eat so much... and when you do eat brown bread instead of white for example. Or what I often do its for example instead of having a sandwich with bread, I instead take a large lettuce leaf and fill it up with ham, tomato etc. Its alot more healthy and is actually really yummy smile.gif

Once I didn't eat bread for 2 weeks, only eating meat, eggs, cheese and lettuce and cucumber and my skin cleared up completely... so that is enough proof for me that bread isn't so good for you!

#18 mike_wf

mike_wf

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (WestCoast7 @ Aug 18 2009, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do all of you use as a substitute for wheat bread? Can you eat any bread? Also along with wheat bread what are other products that contain a lot of wheat the should be eliminated?

I think I might have problems with wheat so any advice would be great.

g;uten free grains like quinoa and rice.

#19 TonyZ

TonyZ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Hannastina @ Aug 19 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You might not have to totally cut out bread from your diet but just not eat so much... and when you do eat brown bread instead of white for example. Or what I often do its for example instead of having a sandwich with bread, I instead take a large lettuce leaf and fill it up with ham, tomato etc. Its alot more healthy and is actually really yummy smile.gif

Once I didn't eat bread for 2 weeks, only eating meat, eggs, cheese and lettuce and cucumber and my skin cleared up completely... so that is enough proof for me that bread isn't so good for you!

Saying that bread in general is bad for you is not too smart. 100% whole grains are actually very good for you. They are high in fiber, protein, and lots of vitamins and phyonutrients. Your supposed to get at least 3 serving of whole grains a day. There is a big difference between refined carbs and whole grain carbs.

#20 Hannastina

Hannastina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (TonyZ @ Aug 19 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hannastina @ Aug 19 2009, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Saying that bread in general is bad for you is not too smart. 100% whole grains are actually very good for you. They are high in fiber, protein, and lots of vitamins and phyonutrients. Your supposed to get at least 3 serving of whole grains a day. There is a big difference between refined carbs and whole grain carbs.

No, bread is not bad for everyone. But it is bad for me because I have an allergy to it smile.gif