Photo

Does anyone know how to shrink pore size?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 donnatkb

donnatkb

Donna

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:54 PM

I was just wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on something that works well in shrinking pore size. Thank you. cool.gif

#2 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:45 AM

topical apple cider vinegar has been working wonders on my nose and forehead.

I am slowly introducing it to my face. Whenever I try something new I put it on my forehead because if it gives me any sort of initial break out or just absolutely does not work, my hair covers it up. However, so far, I have been putting it on my nose and forehead, both working great. I used to have large and very painful pimples on my forehead, but now they are MUCH MUCH smaller and many much less.
If this sounds like you, please quit trying to control your skin:

My Story

#3 Dotty1

Dotty1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

You can shrink pore size within 3-8 days if you find out what is causing your acne.

B5, which was popular about 2 years ago, shrunk pores completely after 3 days and completely stopped all acne. However, for some reason, B5's effects only lasted 2 years.

I have found the GREATLY reducing my protein/fat intake completely shrunk my pores within 8 days. When I eat protein/fats, I gets cysts and blackheads. When I remove them from my diet (almost entirely - but not completely) my pores shrink, the cysts shrink and my skin becomes flawless.

You can try all those masks and everything, but in the end, it is truly about finding what is causing the acne.
"It takes 20 minutes to turn a live steer into a hamburger. One-third of cattle are blinking, looking around and mooing as their tails are cut off, their hooves removed, their hides pulled off and their bellies ripped open. It is happening all over North America. Veterinarians feel its out of control but the government says there is nothing they can do about it." --The Washington Post's "They Die Piece By Piece" (April 11, 2001)

There are 13 major slaughterhouses in the US. All 13 are "self-policed" for animal abuse. Each worker cuts the throat of about 309 cattle per hour. --Humane Society of America

It is legal in North America for male chicks to be thrown into grinders while alive for dog food companies.

"Poor animals! How jealously they guard their pathetic bodies... that which to us is merely an evening's meal, but to them is life itself." — T. Casey Brennan

#4 Choof_Chomper

Choof_Chomper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

yeah stop getting blackheads. Also if the skin in and around the pore is dry it will be harder to shrink because there isnt moisture/lubrication to make it supple
"I wish one of you guys had children so i could kick them in their f***in head or stomp on their testicles for you to feel my pain because thats the pain I have wakin up every day" - Mike Tyson

Are you talkin outta turn? I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore. Unless you wanna... you know. - Mike Tyson

#5 donnatkb

donnatkb

Donna

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:19 AM

Well my acne is pretty much history. I have a few red marks that are fading slowly, but my face is smooth. I do, however, have large pores on my cheeks below my eyes next to my nose, and on my nose. The rest of my pores look okay. I think I'll try that apple cider thing.

#6 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (donnatkb @ Oct 23 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well my acne is pretty much history. I have a few red marks that are fading slowly, but my face is smooth. I do, however, have large pores on my cheeks below my eyes next to my nose, and on my nose. The rest of my pores look okay. I think I'll try that apple cider thing.

Be sure you dilute the apple cider vinegar. Some people say they do 5-10 parts water per 1 part apple cider vinegar. I do half water half ACV. You may want to start smaller until you figure out what you skin can tolerate.

Also only leave on your skin for ~10 minutes and wash off. I usually just put it on right before I wash my face.

PS: All apple cider vinegar bottles will say "diluted with water to 5% acidity." You still need to dilute it.

My Story

#7 donnatkb

donnatkb

Donna

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (I am Snow @ Oct 23 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (donnatkb @ Oct 23 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be sure you dilute the apple cider vinegar. Some people say they do 5-10 parts water per 1 part apple cider vinegar. I do half water half ACV. You may want to start smaller until you figure out what you skin can tolerate.

Also only leave on your skin for ~10 minutes and wash off. I usually just put it on right before I wash my face.

PS: All apple cider vinegar bottles will say "diluted with water to 5% acidity." You still need to dilute it.

Thanks for that. I'll def try that!

#8 I am Snow

I am Snow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:19 PM

No problem! Hope it works as well for you as it does for me.

My Story

#9 funnygirl08

funnygirl08

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

I have tried "Vitalize" peel.... It is a light chemical peel, you do a series of 6 at about $100.00 a pop. I noticed that it not only helped my acne but also got rid of red marks, and made my pores around my nose and cheeks look much smaller and smoother. Lots of my friends noticed a difference in my face and they didn't know I was getting the peels. It is worth a try... if you are interested look the peel up online and get some more info.

Some of the downsides besides the price are some temporary very mild stinging.... and light peeling for a few days after the peel is applied.

I thought it was totally worth it... infact I am going to go get a touch up peel this week.

#10 Necromancer

Necromancer

ayla: Necro is God-Like he's so pretty.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 09 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

Shrinking pore size? First of all you would want to increase pore size so you don't get a build up of oil and have even worse acne. Wrong goals homie!
Rebuild. Recover. Return.
Cancer Survivor
[sig-img:587]

#11 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

Pores don't shrink or enlarge. They can appear larger when they're clogged with junk and can get stretched out permanently. Keep the pores unclogged and you'll be less likely to end up with stretched out pores. Look up exfoliation techniques. There are mechanical and chemical means of exfoliation.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!