Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad reaction to Compound W for keloid on upper arm

5 posts in this topic

I wanted to warn others who may be considering using Compound W for removal of body keloids that it can possibly make things worse. I had a small keloid (no bigger than a dime, I would say) on my upper arm (bicep) region that I decided to treat with daily applications of Compound W. I applied it two days in a row--there was no stinging, or undue burning. The area "frosted" over with a white, occlusive film but I noticed that over the two days the frosted area seemed to expand and become larger than the original size of the keloid. Maybe I applied too much of the Compound W, but the keloid and surrounding skin now look much worse. It now looks like I irreversibly burned the good skin around the keloid. I stopped the treatment after two days and I have been applying Neosporin with Vitamin E and Cocoa Butter diligently, several times a day, but I don't know if it is going to help in the long run.

I am not discounting others successful use of Compound W for removal of keloids, I just want people to know that there is a risk, if you aren't VERY careful, of making things a lot worse. Now, I'm wondering if I will eventually have to see a dermatologist about this problem as the keloid still bothers me, as does the weird, discolored and wrinkly skin that now surrounds it. Is it any wonder that I haven't tried to do TCA Cross on myself?? 8-[

I don't think we can ever repeat it too much for each other...Be careful, everyone, with WHATEVER treatments you pursue.

When I use this treatment, I only apply the Compound W once a week. I also use a Q-tip since the dropper included didn't give me the precise application I wanted/needed. After an hour, I peeled the white crust off and wiped my skin clean with a wet washcloth. This process is still working for me wonderfully with no adverse effects. Unfortunately, we are all not made the same and, therefore, cannot expect the same results.

I really think I didn't apply it correctly. I know I didn't use a Q-tip (I used the dropper) and I probably applied too much. MY mistake.

I wonder if a laser would get rid of the damage I've done.

What did I say about Vaseline around it if you were going to do this? Hmm... [-X

I know...I thought Neosporin would be just as good. What can I say? I screwed up. #-o