steroid

950 replies to this topic

#941 mazgan

mazgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

The scars left behind by acne are just as tough as the acne :/ I've decided to just accept mine for now until I ca afford treatments when I'm older...

the thing is there is no good solution. all ways are so complicated, costly, and not even ensuring satisfying results. so fucked up =/.

#942 Guti14

Guti14

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Im on my 5th day on the hardcore caveman regimen, nothing except a dry towel touches my face, I have moderate acne, and a lot of red spots.
Already on my 3rd day I saw a difference in my face, there is a bathroom mirror in my university that because of the light position or whateve exposes all of my marks and all my facial problems, but now yesterday when I looked myself in this mirror it didnt look that bad at all.
I have two or three zits that are really small, that were there already before I started this regimen.
Im getting really happy with the results and I hope it continues this way and only get better and better.

I will do the hardcore version for 30 days, then Ill go back to using sunscreen and going to start washing my face once a day, water only.
Using an anti-acne sunscreen (contains salicylic acid) going to destroy this acid mantle again?

#943 cbmountain42

cbmountain42

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

So I started doing the hardcore one 2 days ago. I've also played volleyball both days. I haven't touched my face with anything. And the sweat just dried on it. Are  you allowed to wipe off the oil/dirt/sweat with a towel. Or are you suppose to let nothing not even a dry towel touch it?

#944 Sadicalvibes

Sadicalvibes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

I'm going to try this. I'm a girl, but I don't wear make up so I have absolutely nothing to lose.

I started out with minimal spots. I got the odd one here and there but it wasn't anything major. However, people still noticed and started to comment. It was then that I began to use products and began to scrub. From then on, my acne got worse with each month that went on. I've only ever got spots on my forehead and chin so only ever used products there. Until recently, I never used moisturiser on my cheeks and so they were clear. When I started, I noticed small breakouts. Should I carry on with moisturiser, I know that I would only worsen my skin.

#945 mazgan

mazgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

I'm going to try this. I'm a girl, but I don't wear make up so I have absolutely nothing to lose.

I started out with minimal spots. I got the odd one here and there but it wasn't anything major. However, people still noticed and started to comment. It was then that I began to use products and began to scrub. From then on, my acne got worse with each month that went on. I've only ever got spots on my forehead and chin so only ever used products there. Until recently, I never used moisturiser on my cheeks and so they were clear. When I started, I noticed small breakouts. Should I carry on with moisturiser, I know that I would only worsen my skin.

u might have something to lose, because when i tried this it only made things worse. i think this is bad for people like me with extremly oily skin and blocked pores... but u wont know untill u try.

about the moisturiser - why the hell would u use it if u know in only worsen ur skin?

and if u really must use, u should try finding something natrual that doesnt worsen ur skin, u can try some oils like jojoba oil but they can also worsen (for me jojoba worsen my skin, but for some poeple its good) so u also have to check what is good for u.

#946 Hawaii4Life

Hawaii4Life

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Lifting, Beach, Life.

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Really looking forward to trying this over either spring break or summer (when im not in school) Theres so many damn approaches to this method tho. I will not wash my face for about 3-4 weeks If i can help it and then try wash maybe once a week or something. I'm also just getting tired of having to slather products on my face...

-Hopefully it will work for me thats the thing im looking forward to the most.

#947 alexela

alexela

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Hey so I'm a 16 year old guy with mild acne that's really been affecting my self esteem among other things and after being fed up with my acne after 2 years i came to this website for help and after hours of research came across this thread. Many seem skeptical or are against it while others have had great successes with this regimen, I am one of the skeptical but honestly there's not many other options left so i've decided to try out the regimen and will keep this page updated throughout my journey for anyone who is still reading. Wish me luck guys

Edited by alexela, 14 February 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#948 alexela

alexela

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Day 3: nothing has touched my face except for the occasional splash of water in the shower. I have seen little to no improvements, in fact maybe my skin has worsened a bit. There are a few small whiteheads that have sprouted and a large pimple on my left cheek as well. My skin has also gone from being generally dry to being extremely oily and my face shines like there's no tomorrow and it feels quite uncomfortable, but I do my best to not wipe it off. I wish to stick it out as people say that it will worsen before anything gets better, so maybe within the next few days minor improvements will be visible and give me a little bit of hope. Here are some pictures of my left and right cheeks, my main trouble areas.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0664.JPG
  • IMG_0665.JPG

#949 alexela

alexela

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

About a week of the regimen and I've taken note that my skin no  longer has that thick layer of oil around my face and it doesn't feel uncomfortable. My skin has acquired a sort of shiny, glow without the discomfort of a thick oily layer.Some of my acne seems to be going away these flat, red marks on my skin are being left behind where the acne used to be which I'm hoping will also fade. and while i still do get the occasional whitehead I've yet to had any major breakouts. The changes seem to be slight, however it's only been one week and I have high hopes that things will keep improving.(Ignore that pen mark on the left picture lol)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0851.JPG
  • IMG_0860.JPG

Edited by alexela, 20 February 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#950 sweetxsour35

sweetxsour35

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

So I'm guessing you're not allowed to use makeup at all on this regimen? I would like to start as soon as possible but I don't finish school until May (six weeks out) and I'm not sure if I want to finish off the semester looking like a pepperoni pizza. If makeup is allowed, is it only organic? Do I have to just clean it off with water?

#951 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:12 AM

So I'm guessing you're not allowed to use makeup at all on this regimen? I would like to start as soon as possible but I don't finish school until May (six weeks out) and I'm not sure if I want to finish off the semester looking like a pepperoni pizza. If makeup is allowed, is it only organic? Do I have to just clean it off with water?

Allowed? Are there police?

Most of this caveman stuff s nonsense. not disrupting skin function with soap or cleansers is good. The no water, dead skin masks & & any other claims or rules are nonsense.

I haven't used and soap or cleanser except foot hand washing in several years. I wear mineral powder foundation. I wash with water & a cloth. And use oil to remove eye makeup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users