steroid

950 replies to this topic

#921 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

so i wouldnt be exfoliating with the salt water? more like just letting it hang out on the skin? when cold, how cold are you talking? and why cold?
i dont know why isn't anyone else experiencing this. It would make sense for the face to since you are keep oil for such a long time and just leaving it there. Especially if you do gentle rinses, it would be like a wet towel that is never washed..

your skin naturally sheds the skin, so no it would be more like a snake, lol. cold water is what i recommend becuase hot/warm water can irritate skin, loosen and move oils, and dry the skin out to a flaky state, which is prone for bacteria.

#922 testdummy56

testdummy56

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

i have large nose pores, what do you guys do about the crap that gets in there? if i dont wash, crap builds up in there and there i have the pore congestion and still break out. i feel a pimple coming on and i just leave it but then it becomes this massive monster.. i've been doing this for a few months and the effectiveness has been on and off.

what can i do about the stuff that gets in the pores? and the smell of the oil left on the face is a bit nauseating, what do you guys do about it?

#923 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

i have large nose pores, what do you guys do about the crap that gets in there? if i dont wash, crap builds up in there and there i have the pore congestion and still break out. i feel a pimple coming on and i just leave it but then it becomes this massive monster.. i've been doing this for a few months and the effectiveness has been on and off.

what can i do about the stuff that gets in the pores? and the smell of the oil left on the face is a bit nauseating, what do you guys do about it?

You are doing something wrong, your face should not be that oily and smelly, after the first couple of weeks of using COLD water the oil balances and there is no smell. Secondly, I had large pores on my nose when I use to wash my face or use hot water. Use cold/cool water to shower, and just simply splash your face morning and night bed, do not irritate your face with hot/warm water or any soaps.

#924 testdummy56

testdummy56

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

yeah but stuff get into my pores/oil and when i happen to press on my nose to like blow my nose, i can see the junk coming out of the pores and im just wondering what does everyone do about those. do you guys regularly clean out the pores or just let that stuff build up in there?

#925 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:22 AM

yeah but stuff get into my pores/oil and when i happen to press on my nose to like blow my nose, i can see the junk coming out of the pores and im just wondering what does everyone do about those. do you guys regularly clean out the pores or just let that stuff build up in there?

I have no idea what you are talking about? Are you talking about black heads? I would recommend not touching your nose if it is giving you issues. Initially when I had large pores it looked as though I had massive black heads as well, I never knew what it was, but once the pore returned to a it's original relaxed size it was fine, and the pore was smaller with nothing inside of it. I would say to just leave it be. Use shower water to rinse the face and take it from there. If you get zits on your nose thats a different story.

#926 hugoll12

hugoll12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

washing face with water will increase skin's pH? will it break the skin's acid mantle?

#927 DanTheMan123

DanTheMan123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

Hi, I've been doing the caveman for one week. I'm pretty discouraged by the OP's post because he said it didn't work since his skin was so messed up from creams. I'm kind of in that boat. I used a ton of creams last year that made my skin unbelievably thinned and sensitive to sunburn. It's recovered a lot this year but it still seems to be very troubled and I think that washing it constantly and using topicals has been slowing my progress.

Does anyone think the caveman could help my skin to get back to normal? After one week it feels a lot better and it seems to look better too. I've gotten 0 breakouts this week but acne isn't really my main problem anyway - its the insane sensitivity and roghness of my cheeks and nose. It's only my cheeks and nosetoo. If I go out in the cold, my cheeks and nose get super red and distressed looking, but the rest of my face looks perfect..

I'm EXTREMELY torn between either doing the caveman to build up a lot of dead skin and oil and resistance to allow my skin to heal itself, or exfoliating and moisturizing like crazy. Ive had mishaps with exfoliation in the past - my skin is so sensitive and even one exfoliation can make my skin red for weeks. And like I said my face feels better after 1 week on caveman, but I just don't know...

Edited by DanTheMan123, 01 December 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#928 onefatalgoose

onefatalgoose

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

washing face with water will increase skin's pH? will it break the skin's acid mantle?

If you switch to washing with water only... most of us live in areas of fluoridated water. Along with chlorine and numerous other contaminates. So if you go this route, you really only need to rinse your face. If you shower, and use shampoo, you might think about using either an all natural shampoo or baby shampoo, as these are much less irritating if they wash over your face.

But even water can be aggravating to certain skin types. It really depends on your supply and if you have filters. I never rubbed my face with water. I always just let the water run over it at warm temperature. And my showers don't last longer than 5 minutes, because i don't trust my water supply.

As far as acid mantle is concerned, it really depends on your method of washing. Hot or cold, rubbing or not, and condition of water supply. All these factors can play into whether or not you disrupt it. Cooler, with less rubbing, and from a clean supply (free of chemicals/contaminates) would be ideal for preserving the mantle. Though i don't think warm water will destroy it on it's own. But when you get into hot temps, it's easy for the oil to run off your face. Just like when you use cool water to rinse and oiled pan, it doesn't work. But hot water gets the oils moving and they run off much easier

#929 p5pj

p5pj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

I don't ever take the time to post on the internet but I had  acne for a long time and wish someone had told me about this earlier. I know this will help a lot of people and feel like I need to pass along the knowledge that made my skin perfect.  I am male who suffered from acne for over 10 years. It started when I hit puberty and I used many different creams and lotions. I was obsessed with finding out what worked and spent a lot of time and money on different products. I used neutrogena on the spot  and cetephil wash which worked really well for about 5 years. I had fairly clear skin but still got the occasional pimple and my forehead and nose were always really shiny. But it was better than using anything else including prescriptions that I used which included retin-A, minocycline etc. When the on the spot stopped working I thought I needed a stronger dosage and so thats what I did and each time my skin kept getting worse. So I  went back to the On the Spot and my face still was getting worse.  Around the same time I had a friend of mine who had really bad acne. He was younger than me and his face was all of a sudden a pizza face. His acne was horrible. I suggested to him that he use what I used but the guy didn't really give a shit and was too lazy to use anything or wash his face. His face kept getting worse and he still refused to use anything and after about a year I noticed his face was starting to clear up. I asked him if he used anything and he said never. A few months later and his skin looked perfect. Thats when I google "clearing acne by not using any products" and I found "the  caveman"  I started reading it and read the whole thing and remembered how my friends face went from being completely shit to perfect and it all made sense. So I started it and for about the first 4 months my face looked worse than it had ever been but I had proof from my friends face and from the posts here that made me stick to it. After about 4 months my face started to slowly clear. Now after nine months my skin is absolutely perfect no pimples and scars have faded.  I haven't got a pimple in a few months. I didn't do the full caveman because I did take showers and washed my face with just water in the shower. It feels so good to go to sleep and not have to worry about if I missed putting on my medication or if I will wake up with a new pimple and walk around with an oily face all day. I hope this helps out a lot of you guys. 

#930 Jakro

Jakro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

I have really oily skin, and hoping this method does something for me. I started about 5 days ago and only splash water on my face in the morning and pat dry as I work in the morning. I kind of suckered up and just dealt with the oilyness at work hoping it would pay off sooner rather than later. So 5 days and my skin is still very oily, is this normal or should I just quit this regimen? I have heard some people see results after 3 days or so, but I'm not seeing much. I think the oil production may have gone down a small amount but its hard to say since my face is so finicky.

every morning I take a shower to wash my hair as that is really oily too, and like I said, I just splash some cold water on my face afterword and patdry. I've been taking chemicals for 5+ years, so thats why I'm kinda trying to this. Problem is I work during the week and I'm very self concious about my face being so oily.

Any tips or help in general to get through this?

#931 Jakro

Jakro

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

bump

#932 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'm thinking of going full caveman after trying the water-only method and finding it dried me out too much. I have an oily T-Zone so I am a little worried about oil buildup and breakouts, so I'm still undecided. 

If I shave and have bits of hair stuck to my face, what do I do to clean it off? I use an electric shaver and bits of hair tend to get stuck to my face because of my oil, so I tend to wash after I shave.

#933 golfdude4

golfdude4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I don't ever take the time to post on the internet but I had  acne for a long time and wish someone had told me about this earlier. I know this will help a lot of people and feel like I need to pass along the knowledge that made my skin perfect.  I am male who suffered from acne for over 10 years. It started when I hit puberty and I used many different creams and lotions. I was obsessed with finding out what worked and spent a lot of time and money on different products. I used neutrogena on the spot  and cetephil wash which worked really well for about 5 years. I had fairly clear skin but still got the occasional pimple and my forehead and nose were always really shiny. But it was better than using anything else including prescriptions that I used which included retin-A, minocycline etc. When the on the spot stopped working I thought I needed a stronger dosage and so thats what I did and each time my skin kept getting worse. So I  went back to the On the Spot and my face still was getting worse.  Around the same time I had a friend of mine who had really bad acne. He was younger than me and his face was all of a sudden a pizza face. His acne was horrible. I suggested to him that he use what I used but the guy didn't really give a shit and was too lazy to use anything or wash his face. His face kept getting worse and he still refused to use anything and after about a year I noticed his face was starting to clear up. I asked him if he used anything and he said never. A few months later and his skin looked perfect. Thats when I google "clearing acne by not using any products" and I found "the  caveman"  I started reading it and read the whole thing and remembered how my friends face went from being completely shit to perfect and it all made sense. So I started it and for about the first 4 months my face looked worse than it had ever been but I had proof from my friends face and from the posts here that made me stick to it. After about 4 months my face started to slowly clear. Now after nine months my skin is absolutely perfect no pimples and scars have faded.  I haven't got a pimple in a few months. I didn't do the full caveman because I did take showers and washed my face with just water in the shower. It feels so good to go to sleep and not have to worry about if I missed putting on my medication or if I will wake up with a new pimple and walk around with an oily face all day. I hope this helps out a lot of you guys. 

I have to say i completely agree with this person i just quoted.  when i was 18 years old i had really bad acne, probably from puberty...i went to the derm and got it under control with cetaphil and epiduo after several months...then i stopped using the epiduo and my skin was just okay for another year or two...then i decided to try about 100 different cleansers and moisterizers which was not good for me. My face kept getting worse and worse to the point i never wanted to look in the mirror...then i went back to just washing with cetaphil and didnt break out as much but was still red and shiny and had acne marks...finally i got smart and just decided why am i doing all of this. i bet my friends i hang around dont do anything with their faces and they have clear skin! anyway i stopped washing and putting on lotions and my face didnt look great at first but as the months go by it gets better and better. i also try to eliminate sugars and never drink soda as best as i can as i have an assumption they are factors too. BUT SERIOUSLY people...dont go crazy with the washes and creams..i know everyone is different but think about the past...people have gotten by without using washes wayyy back in the day so why do we need them now? ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY...these companies are making you come back and back after the mess you up. I hope someone listens to this and i can help change some ones mind or keep someone motivated to keep up the water only and or caveman method.

#934 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

I really wish I'd read this forum about 5-6 years ago. It would have saved me so much crap. I probably wouldn't have listened though...

#935 mazgan

mazgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION: what about the sweat??? if u dont wash urself and u sweat everyday, couldnt that cause sweat spots or whatever its called..or other nasty things?

i mean i understand if ur lucky to live in a cool enviorment, but what IF u live in a hot humid place like me.. OR u wanna do sports or train at the GYM???????

also.. does this regiment help at all with scars somehow?? and is there any special food i should eat??

#936 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION: what about the sweat??? if u dont wash urself and u sweat everyday, couldnt that cause sweat spots or whatever its called..or other nasty things?

i mean i understand if ur lucky to live in a cool enviorment, but what IF u live in a hot humid place like me.. OR u wanna do sports or train at the GYM???????

also.. does this regiment help at all with scars somehow?? and is there any special food i should eat??

Sweat won't directly cause acne. Sweat is actually an odorless liquid that consists of sodium chloride (salt) and a few other chemicals. It's the bacteria that live in your sweat that cause any kind of smell (which shouldn't occur on your face). The sweat on your face should either simply fall off your face or be reabsorbed. Or if you got that sweaty you can just wipe it off with a dry cloth. 

Once your acid mantle/natural oils have been restored, those will protect you from any bacteria that attempts to grow on your face due to the acidity of the oil being produced. Bacteria + sweat that causes body odor or BO should only occur in areas such as the armpit or groin as they're the perfect habitat for such bacteria's. The bacteria that is found when you smell is often found in a lot of cheeses.

Weirdly I watched a TV show last night that gave me this knowledge...

Edited by LewisS, 01 May 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#937 mazgan

mazgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Sweat won't directly cause acne. Sweat is actually an odorless liquid that consists of sodium chloride (salt) and a few other chemicals. It's the bacteria that live in your sweat that cause any kind of smell (which shouldn't occur on your face). The sweat on your face should either simply fall off your face or be reabsorbed. Or if you got that sweaty you can just wipe it off with a dry cloth. 

Once your acid mantle/natural oils have been restored, those will protect you from any bacteria that attempts to grow on your face due to the acidity of the oil being produced. Bacteria + sweat that causes body odor or BO should only occur in areas such as the armpit or groin as they're the perfect habitat for such bacteria's. The bacteria that is found when you smell is often found in a lot of cheeses.

Weirdly I watched a TV show last night that gave me this knowledge...

hey dude, thanks for ur reply.. though i would still like to get an answer about scars/food.

im also in a grave dilema about this thing..

in the last 3 days i only used water to wash my face ( no soap or anything) and it made me have like 5 new acne spots.. and before that i had next to none as i had finished accutane..

so i wanna know if i should still continue or it means this thing suck for me and it wont work?! =(

is it possible because of the usage in all these acne soaps and creams and medications my skin is fucked for good and it cant handle anything by itself??? can it ever be fixed??

plz reply

#938 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

hey dude, thanks for ur reply.. though i would still like to get an answer about scars/food.

in the last 3 days i only used water to wash my face ( no soap or anything) and it made me have like 5 new acne spots.. and before that i had next to none as i had finished accutane..

so i wanna know if i should still continue or it means this thing suck for me and it wont work?! =(

is it possible because of the usage in all these acne soaps and creams and medications my skin is fucked for good and it cant handle anything by itself??? can it ever be fixed??

plz reply

I tried using water-only and it only dried me out (which lead to me breaking out like crazy), that's why I'm doing the complete do-nothing regimen now. I haven't had a single whitehead since I started.

This regimen isn't for everyone though, it depends on the cause of your acne. Evidently hard water and harsh products were the cause of mine. Maybe yours is an internal problem such as diet? It's all about trial and error, which can be really annoying :(

#939 mazgan

mazgan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

plz reply

I tried using water-only and it only dried me out (which lead to me breaking out like crazy), that's why I'm doing the complete do-nothing regimen now. I haven't had a single whitehead since I started.

This regimen isn't for everyone though, it depends on the cause of your acne. Evidently hard water and harsh products were the cause of mine. Maybe yours is an internal problem such as diet? It's all about trial and error, which can be really annoying sad.png

truth is i care much less about the acne as i barely have any left, and worried alot more about the scars.. sadly i have alot of them =(.

ive decided to do the full caveman which is basicly not wash face at all right.. for a few days-week see how it goes.

the thing is im also tierd of using these acne soaps which dry me out cause me to always be uncamfortable with my skin.. if i can just let it go and rid any acne too its awesome.

wish there was something really effective for the scars =/

#940 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

The scars left behind by acne are just as tough as the acne :/ I've decided to just accept mine for now until I ca afford treatments when I'm older...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users