About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (capture @ Aug 18 2011, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pegz @ Aug 17 2011, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (capture @ Aug 17 2011, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (pegz @ Aug 16 2011, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (capture @ Aug 16 2011, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the dumbest threads ever to appear on the org. The OP didn't even post a pic before or after in fact no one has on this thread.

Pics or you're acne isnt bad or...
pics or it never happened.

Have you actually tried this yourself?

Unless you've tried it you really don't know.

Im clear i dont need to try it. You're making a real pathetic attempt to back this so called 'treatment' method.
Biggest fail thread ever.

Right, so you haven't ever tried it but you know for sure that this won't work for anyone?

So i have to try it in order for my opinion to be valid? How about you look throughout this board u newb
search user- 'The Caveman', and you'll find that he tried this lame method and logged his entire experience in the diet/holistic log section and it did nothing for him and he ended up going on accutane and got clear from that lol. There are so many others, im just warning others not to waste their time.

Oh and onefatalgoose, the regimen says ie dont wash face, not use water which is what you're doing lol.

You're actually right, i should have been more clear. When i say washing with water i mean standing in the shower and letting water run over your face. This is my definition of washing with water and it is going to happen to anyone using this method unless they cover their head with a plastic bag in the shower, or sacrifice personal hygiene. Also what is with the gamer lingo...? This site is not about putting other people down, so even though 'newb' might not be extremely offensive, it's still a slight against someone who is contributing an opinion, and in a much more constructive manner than your own

80%-20% Alkaline forming vs Acid forming Diet

`Organic~
                                                                            I don't consume:
                                                                                     *Dairy
                                                                               *Whole grains
                                                                             *Refined sugars
                                                                                 *Table salt
                                                                              *Vegetable oils
                                                                        *Processed/Fast foods
                                           *Genetically Modified Foods (GMOs)
                                                                      As well as the pesticides/herbicides that come with them

My philosophy: Less externally, more internally

Even taking long hot showers in chemically treated tap water is too harsh for acne prone skin

(And that's without a face wash)

This site is absolutely loaded with info on curing acne internally

#902 Cavemanfan

Cavemanfan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (pegz @ Aug 14 2011, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Cavemanfan @ Aug 9 2011, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Contrary to what my name suggests, I am not a fan of this regimen. It personally made my acne 2-3X as bad as before I started using any topicals... and probably 20X as bad as when I was on the DKR. Further, on the DKR I started to see evidence of some seborrheic dermatitis, but it was kept at bay by a combination of benzoil peroxide and manual exfoliation. When I started this no-wash regimen there was no possible way to determine what was the "deadskin mask" and what was moderately severe seborrheic dermatitis. While doing this regimen, parts of my skin were smooth, and other parts were covered in thick scaly skin flakes (many of which would fall off at embarrassing times). The majority of the skin was very red throughout the course of this regimen. Breakouts ranged from small whiteheads to large pustules. Thankfully, I never had cystic acne, and this regimen did not bring any about. Now, a year and a half after I've quit this regimen for good, I'm still struggling to combat seborrheic dermatitis.

So the BP gave you seborrheic dermatitis?

I'm not sure what gave me seborrheic dermatitis. Before going on the DKR I was on both tetracycline and doxycycline. It could have been those.

All I know is, I'm back on the DKR, and I'm going to get clear again. Sometimes, we make getting clear skin more complicated than it has to be.

#903 freeliving

freeliving

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (Adam08 @ Oct 13 2008, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, no longer am i going to wash my face. I have had great success with the caveman diet in the past but my skin was still flakey/little dry at times..I think it was the water or something.

I'm now back on the diet and starting my new "regimen".

When i was clear, i NEVER washed my face (even with water!). It's time to make my skin normal again.

Let the healing begin!

Disclaimer (writing over a year later):

It appears that many people have had success with this approach. People have tinkered this approach in various ways (some with water, some without etc etc) with varying success.

Not washing with water at all, whilst liberating, did not work for ME. I am convinced that the use of steroid creams (years ago!) have damaged my skin to a degree whereby 'simply doing nothing' is not enough to heal my skin.

I don't have acne anymore. I haven't for ages. I do get zits from time to time but no big deal. At the moment, I am trying to heal my chin. It occurred to me that my skin has been flakey and dry for years and I havent touched a cream for years! Ridiculous.

I am a stubborn person. I have refused to use moisturizers in the past. And whenever I did use them, I found them difficult to apply. I think that this was because of the flakiness. Applying moisturizer when my skin was flakey created the biggest mess. However, I have read that it is best to exfoliate the skin prior to moisturizing (note: this is conventional wisdom so yes I am naturally skeptical). I think that moisturizers have been ineffective for me in the past because the new skin needed moisture, and the outer 'dead layer' of the skin was not allowing the cream to get where it needed to go.

I have learnt that manuel exfoliation of my skin does not give me acne (I have been doing this for months). However, it does give me temporary redness.

My current approach has been to gently exfoliate the outside layer of my skin then moisturize the new skin. I am hoping that this will heal my skin.

So yeh, there it goes. I still do believe in this 'caveman regimen' but only to an extent. In my case, I think that my skin has been damaged to a degree that it cannot simply heal on its own. I am now using chemicals to help my skin repair itself from chemical damage in the past. The irony hurts a little but whatever. I keep an open mind.

All the best,
Ads

This works, HOWEVER, the flakiness and dryness you get is from hot water, stop using hot/warm water and only use cold water. Hot/warm water can move oil off of the face and dry out the pores, cold water is the KEY step in this process. Shower cold, splash cold water onto face, let air dry, that is all, it works 110%.

#904 Kalki

Kalki

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:51 AM

How should we handle the pimples in this regimen to fasten their cicatrization? Should we pop them, extract the pus and let the blood come out and harden, or should we just let them stay there and not touch it at all?

#905 swordinhand

swordinhand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Hi everyone:

First post, but I've been reading all of these caveman threads, and it inspired me (thanks wapak, adam, "snow", and the many others who have been trying this out) to try the NO WATER Caveman regimen. I'm on day 12 or 13. I have moderate / severe? acne. Having more cystic acne lately. I'm doing a paleo diet, but I do have whole wheat bread, and occasionally cheat. I'm taking zinc, fish oil, a probiotic, and enzymes (the last two are for IBS). Here's what I've noted so far.

My face was pretty greasy the first few days, but it has gotten far less greasy, even at the end of the day.
I've noticed that I'm getting a few more white heads on my chin, but they heal very quickly usually within a day, sometimes faster.
I've also noticed that my skin tone is a bit more even and looks nicer.

I will say that I still have gotten some cysts. Mainly, they were from before I started, but a few have popped up in the couple of weeks I've been on this. Right now, a new one has formed, which is discouraging, but I try to not focus on it. The cysts I do get, seem to heal a bit faster and don't get as big.

Hopefully I can update everyone from time to time. Let me know if you have any questions.

#906 swordinhand

swordinhand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Almost starting week four, face is looking better. I've made some changes to my lifestyle, that I think are really helping this whole caveman thing.

1. Stop looking in the mirror! I couldn't believe how much of a difference this made for me. It helps me take the focus off of my acne, which in turn let's me focus on my life, as if I didn't have acne.

2. Don't worry about what you eat. That doesn't mean you shouldn't eat a healthy diet, it just means that if you find yourself indulging or forced to eat something that may not be good for you, don't fret. Just be happy you have food to eat.

Both of these in concert with the Caveman method, cause you to drop the focus on acne. I believe most of my acne is caused by worry, fear, and focus on the negative. Taking away triggers for those emotions, really helps me enjoy life a lot more.

Good luck everyone and go out and live.

#907 swordinhand

swordinhand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:21 AM

Week 5:

My face has been very dry, lately. I also have quite a few breakouts, and it was looking so good around the beginning of week 4. I have not let anything touch my face for 4 weeks (aside from the odd drop of water here and there, from showering). I'm debating whether I should rinse my face. I've started jogging everyday and let the sweat dry on my face.

I'm getting a bit discouraged about this regimen. But for some reason, I think it might be the only way to really cure my face. I'm going to stick it out for another month or so. I will say that the last few days have been extremely stressful. I'm also convinced that something(s) I'm eating is causing breakouts. I'm basically eating, beef (grass fed), chicken (organic), sourdough wheat bread, broccoli, coconut oil (only oil I cook with), extra virgin olive oil, Romaine lettuce, carrots, onions, garlic, ginger, brown rice (which I think might be causing some breakouts, along with the bread).

I'd love to hear some stories about people who had trouble the first month or so, and then got better. If anybody can point me to those stories or can share one, that would be awesome.

#908 numbaunstunna

numbaunstunna

Natural Healing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I like to read books and go on long walks with my sweetheart wife. I love nature and go hiking a lot. Enjoy the scenery in Arizona!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

I can attest to this method working. Don't knock it until you've tried it. I thought it seemed logical that everyone (everyone!!) of us have used OTC washes and other chemicals to 'clean' our face. Hell, I used C&C and Neutrogena one after the other. The fact of the matter is that our skin KNOWS how much oil needs to be produced to protect it. Oil isn't a bad thing. Read up on acid mantle for the skin to get an idea of the complex processes that our skin employs to resist the environment. Anyway, I tried the regimen and did not use any water for the first couple of weeks. My skin healed up nicely and did flake a lot. It was pretty disgusting but I kept at it. I now just use cold water to wash my face whenever I feel like it. This regimen is not for the weak!

#909 Kalki

Kalki

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:59 AM

I tried this cavemen regimen and it worked on me like a miracle. I tested everything before, BP and all that stuff, for many, MANY years of my life, thinking that the key to curing Acne was by washing it, cleaning the face oils as much as possible. But I was wrong, very wrong. I'm glad I found this thread and this forum.
Now, after a month and some weeks, my face doesn't have a SINGLE ZIT for the first time in many years.

But, as my skin is very VERY white and sensitive, now it has many Post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation dots (PIH), due to the fact that I used too many chemicals and had the bad habit of picking on the pimples back then. Now I hope they will fade away with the time. Does the cavemen regimen also fasten the recovery from PIH ?
Is there another natural product or habit that I should take for clearing the dots left by acne?

#910 numbaunstunna

numbaunstunna

Natural Healing

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I like to read books and go on long walks with my sweetheart wife. I love nature and go hiking a lot. Enjoy the scenery in Arizona!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

I tried this cavemen regimen and it worked on me like a miracle. I tested everything before, BP and all that stuff, for many, MANY years of my life, thinking that the key to curing Acne was by washing it, cleaning the face oils as much as possible. But I was wrong, very wrong. I'm glad I found this thread and this forum.
Now, after a month and some weeks, my face doesn't have a SINGLE ZIT for the first time in many years.

But, as my skin is very VERY white and sensitive, now it has many Post-inflammatory-hyperpigmentation dots (PIH), due to the fact that I used too many chemicals and had the bad habit of picking on the pimples back then. Now I hope they will fade away with the time. Does the cavemen regimen also fasten the recovery from PIH ?
Is there another natural product or habit that I should take for clearing the dots left by acne?

Awesome! Another believer. I noticed my scars going away faster when I was on the Caveman Regimen. They will fade away with time although if I look up close at ,u skin, I can still see the scars. You should drink green smoothies and work out. These two things have kept my skin glowing and my mood on the up and up! Good luck! :)

#911 swordinhand

swordinhand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

@Kalki and @numbaunstunna do you guys use water or are you doing nothing? If you do use water, what temperature and is it tap? Thanks.

Update: My skin is middling, I'm fairly discouraged by this regimen, but I'm still hopeful. I'd love to hear from someone who has done this for more than a month. Maybe you have some encouraging words. Hit me up. I still believe in this whole thing.

#912 Kalki

Kalki

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

@Kalki and @numbaunstunna do you guys use water or are you doing nothing? If you do use water, what temperature and is it tap? Thanks.

Update: My skin is middling, I'm fairly discouraged by this regimen, but I'm still hopeful. I'd love to hear from someone who has done this for more than a month. Maybe you have some encouraging words. Hit me up. I still believe in this whole thing.

I do use water. Normal cold tap water, because I live in Brazil, a tropical country, so, I can't even think of passing one day without water (cold water) over my body.
And I also suppose even cavemen bathed, so, i did too.
I guess it depends on the country you live in.

#913 pmerrill87

pmerrill87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

I'm starting this today. I started this about a month ago, but I've still been using water in the shower and still using moisturizer and still rubing my face in the shower becasue the flakking has been so terrible. But now I realize that even using just water is irritating to my skin, so I'm going all in and not doing ANYTHING to my face.....I don't care how this goes becasue nothing else has helped in the past, I just want my face to stop hurting and being irritaed, someone else start this with me tonight!!!!

#914 swordinhand

swordinhand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

Ok so a little (ok huge) update.

I did the caveman regimen for over 2 months, no water. I started with pretty bad cystic acne, mixed with regular acne. Here's what I observed.

1. Skin was really greasy for the first 2 weeks or so.
2. Oil production normalled after those initial 2 weeks.
3. Skin got a bit better in the first month, might have been a placebo effect.
4. Because I stopped focusing on my face I felt psychologically better.
5. After the first month, my face gradually got worse.
6. At the end of the second month, my face was the worst it'd ever been.

But there was light at the end of this tunnel (a very dark one, indeed)... My face hasn't looked better in months. It truly is a miracle, I think I've finally found something natural that works. Here's what I'm doing now, which involve internal and external treatments.

DIET: (Read these books for more insight into my choices and to better your overall health and acne, The Maker's Diet, by Rubin and Sugar Blues by Dufty, Nourishing Traditions, by Fallon)

Do this for 2-4 weeks, and if you don't see a change, I'll be shocked.
1. No sugar - this includes, fruit, artificial and natural sweeteners, honey, etc.
2. No grains - none
3. No starchy vegetables - this includes, potatoes, sweet potatoes / yams, root vegetables like carrots and beets
4. Pasteurized dairy
5. Non-Organic / pasture raised meat

Ok now for the stuff you can eat.
1. Organic / pasture raised / wild meat - I've been eating a lot of Trader Joe's 100% grass fed ground beef, wild fish like king salmon or ahi tuna, organic chicken, lamb from New Zealand (trader joe's had this, too), these are all good sources of meat / protein.
2. Organic pasture fed eggs - Farmer's market or just read the label. I eat 4 a day
3. Organic cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil - buy a huge one gallon tub for around $50. This is the only oil I cook with.
4. Organic coconut milk
5. Organic vegetables - Anything green is good, I like broccoli, zucchini, onions, garlic (especially raw, very anti bacterial), lettuce, spinach (but it is better for you cooked), cucumber, cabbage (cooked is better), radish, etc.
6. Homemade lacto fermented vegetables - Sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, perserved vegetables, etc. (very easy to make, and outlined fairly well in Nourishing Traditions)
7. Fermented Cod Liver Oil - Blue Ice is the name, it's a bit pricey, but it's really the only source, in America that's made the right way. A bottle should last around 3-4 months, depending on serving size. Buy it at - greenpasture.org.
8. Probiotic - I take Garden of Life Primal Defense (3 morning, 3 night)
9. Enzymes - Garden of Life Omega-Zymes (one at each significant meal)
10. Bentonite Clay - 1 tablespoon morning and night
11. Lemon juice in the morning (this is one of the exceptions for fruit)
12. Extra Virgin Olive oil - for salads and homemade mayonaise.
13. Goat Yogurt - I like Redwood Hill Farms brand, if you can source / afford raw yogurt, that's even better
14. Broth - Chicken, fish, beef (Nourishing traditions and Maker's Diet explain how to make this, it tastes amazing)

TOPICAL:
Here is what I do.
Morning
1. Wash face very gently and quickly with Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (tea tree)
2. Apply fresh lemon juice and leave on, rinse off at night.

Night
2. Apply fresh lemon juice and leave on, rinse off in the morning.

That's it done!

After doing this for a month, I noticed that I haven't gotten one cyst (before, getting about one new one every day or so) and that I've only gotten a few minor pimples. My skin also is less inflamed, feels smoother, and looks brighter. I only have one or two active breakouts and those are fading fast. The only thing left is to fade and heal the previous red marks left by the terrible cysts I once had.

It's too difficult to walk you through step by step, on this forum, but PM if you'd like to discuss this further. The main things to remember are, no sugar, no grains, no pasteurized dairy, no root vegetables, add a probiotic, take Fermented cod liver oil, take an enzyme with each meal, and eat a lot of coconut oil and raw garlic, and wash your face with Dr Bronners and apply lemon.

One more thing, you might get a few breakouts for the first few weeks... I did. It was super discouraging, but the reason for this is because toxins are being released from your body, you might also feel sick at times. It's called a herxheimer reaction, look it up. It should subside after a 2-3 weeks, might even last only a few days.

That's all for now, but be encouraged, you will find a cure, if you search long enough. I was determined to heal naturally and simply, and I believe that I have found a way. Hopefully this will work for others.

#915 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Ok so a little (ok huge) update.

I did the caveman regimen for over 2 months, no water. I started with pretty bad cystic acne, mixed with regular acne. Here's what I observed.

1. Skin was really greasy for the first 2 weeks or so.
2. Oil production normalled after those initial 2 weeks.
3. Skin got a bit better in the first month, might have been a placebo effect.
4. Because I stopped focusing on my face I felt psychologically better.
5. After the first month, my face gradually got worse.
6. At the end of the second month, my face was the worst it'd ever been.

But there was light at the end of this tunnel (a very dark one, indeed)... My face hasn't looked better in months. It truly is a miracle, I think I've finally found something natural that works. Here's what I'm doing now, which involve internal and external treatments.

DIET: (Read these books for more insight into my choices and to better your overall health and acne, The Maker's Diet, by Rubin and Sugar Blues by Dufty, Nourishing Traditions, by Fallon)

Do this for 2-4 weeks, and if you don't see a change, I'll be shocked.
1. No sugar - this includes, fruit, artificial and natural sweeteners, honey, etc.
2. No grains - none
3. No starchy vegetables - this includes, potatoes, sweet potatoes / yams, root vegetables like carrots and beets
4. Pasteurized dairy
5. Non-Organic / pasture raised meat

Ok now for the stuff you can eat.
1. Organic / pasture raised / wild meat - I've been eating a lot of Trader Joe's 100% grass fed ground beef, wild fish like king salmon or ahi tuna, organic chicken, lamb from New Zealand (trader joe's had this, too), these are all good sources of meat / protein.
2. Organic pasture fed eggs - Farmer's market or just read the label. I eat 4 a day
3. Organic cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil - buy a huge one gallon tub for around $50. This is the only oil I cook with.
4. Organic coconut milk
5. Organic vegetables - Anything green is good, I like broccoli, zucchini, onions, garlic (especially raw, very anti bacterial), lettuce, spinach (but it is better for you cooked), cucumber, cabbage (cooked is better), radish, etc.
6. Homemade lacto fermented vegetables - Sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, perserved vegetables, etc. (very easy to make, and outlined fairly well in Nourishing Traditions)
7. Fermented Cod Liver Oil - Blue Ice is the name, it's a bit pricey, but it's really the only source, in America that's made the right way. A bottle should last around 3-4 months, depending on serving size. Buy it at - greenpasture.org.
8. Probiotic - I take Garden of Life Primal Defense (3 morning, 3 night)
9. Enzymes - Garden of Life Omega-Zymes (one at each significant meal)
10. Bentonite Clay - 1 tablespoon morning and night
11. Lemon juice in the morning (this is one of the exceptions for fruit)
12. Extra Virgin Olive oil - for salads and homemade mayonaise.
13. Goat Yogurt - I like Redwood Hill Farms brand, if you can source / afford raw yogurt, that's even better
14. Broth - Chicken, fish, beef (Nourishing traditions and Maker's Diet explain how to make this, it tastes amazing)

TOPICAL:
Here is what I do.
Morning
2. Apply fresh lemon juice and leave on, rinse off at night.

Night
2. Apply fresh lemon juice and leave on, rinse off in the morning.

That's it done!

After doing this for a month, I noticed that I haven't gotten one cyst (before, getting about one new one every day or so) and that I've only gotten a few minor pimples. My skin also is less inflamed, feels smoother, and looks brighter. I only have one or two active breakouts and those are fading fast. The only thing left is to fade and heal the previous red marks left by the terrible cysts I once had.

It's too difficult to walk you through step by step, on this forum, but PM if you'd like to discuss this further. The main things to remember are, no sugar, no grains, no pasteurized dairy, no root vegetables, add a probiotic, take Fermented cod liver oil, take an enzyme with each meal, and eat a lot of coconut oil and raw garlic, and wash your face with Dr Bronners and apply lemon.

One more thing, you might get a few breakouts for the first few weeks... I did. It was super discouraging, but the reason for this is because toxins are being released from your body, you might also feel sick at times. It's called a herxheimer reaction, look it up. It should subside after a 2-3 weeks, might even last only a few days.

That's all for now, but be encouraged, you will find a cure, if you search long enough. I was determined to heal naturally and simply, and I believe that I have found a way. Hopefully this will work for others.

Nice to hear you found something that works, good work!

In my personal experience caveman does work, however, there is a need for daily rinsing of the skin, I splash cold water on my face morning and night and it rinses it clean, while it also leaves the natural oils and acid mantle to help nourish itself. I am 100% clear now. I did a thing with no water and found similar results. At first it was great, but then all the dead skin just built up and gave my skin an uneven tone, it was terrible and didnt cause acne, it just looked like smeared on makeup kinda, so yea totally out of place for a guy. The cold water rinses/splashes indeed slightly exfoliate my skin, just enough to rid the excess skin and not enough to remove those oils and acidic layers that help kill bacteria.

#916 testdummy56

testdummy56

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

i do notice that i am clearer and pimples heal faster when i don't wash. But since you are just splashing water or rinsing a bit, do your faces smell? I find that my face smells rather bad and I believe it's the oil. We're not supposed to wash it enough to get rid of the oil but I feel that my face is causing a bad smell. Anyone else have this problem? What do you guys do?

#917 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

i do notice that i am clearer and pimples heal faster when i don't wash. But since you are just splashing water or rinsing a bit, do your faces smell? I find that my face smells rather bad and I believe it's the oil. We're not supposed to wash it enough to get rid of the oil but I feel that my face is causing a bad smell. Anyone else have this problem? What do you guys do?

the oil smell is stronger when you first begin this process, after two weeks time it dies down, and trust me i have asked people to smell me before to tell me if i smell bad.

#918 testdummy56

testdummy56

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:36 PM

ive been doing this for at least 3 months but it just smells bad.. of course there are days when i still just break out (usually occurs if i try to remove dead skin/get rid of oil). but it really does smell bad and i'm just worried that when making out with my gf if she'll smell it.. a bad smell like an unwashed face for several weeks can be quite a turn off..

Edited by testdummy56, 22 December 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#919 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

ive been doing this for at least 3 months but it just smells bad.. of course there are days when i still just break out (usually occurs if i try to remove dead skin/get rid of oil). but it really does smell bad and i'm just worried that when making out with my gf if she'll smell it.. a bad smell like an unwashed face for several weeks can be quite a turn off..

i would recommend a salt water rinse or soak. Simply mix a bowl of salt water, stick your face in it for a couple of mins, of course get air. After this rinse your face with cold water from the tap, should help you out with any smells. ive never needed to do this, but its what i would do if my skin smelled.

#920 testdummy56

testdummy56

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

so i wouldnt be exfoliating with the salt water? more like just letting it hang out on the skin? when cold, how cold are you talking? and why cold?
i dont know why isn't anyone else experiencing this. It would make sense for the face to since you are keep oil for such a long time and just leaving it there. Especially if you do gentle rinses, it would be like a wet towel that is never washed..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users