steroid

950 replies to this topic

#61 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

okay so ive come to the conclusion that i spend far too much time on this website at the neglect of doing study and other things. I'll be back in a week with updates.

#62 karma89

karma89

I love lamp.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

lol, last night I didn't wash my face before I went to sleep (first time in my life, not counting days when I went to party and was too drunk to care and just passed out). Apperently overnight I formed a pimple, I woke up in the morning, saw the pimple. It was a whitehead. I go to the shower, I come out and the whitehead kills itself. The pimple lasted a grant total of I think 4 hours lol. The flaking was a little smaller since I've only washed once, but it's still there.

Tonight will be day 2 of trying the "one shower/one wash a day" method. I was previously doing the "two washes, both with water" method.

#63 Adri Chan

Adri Chan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

Hey Adam08 props to you for your determination, that's a really interesting thread

#64 I'mHeather

I'mHeather

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

Man, I can't imagine doing this...then again, I am a female and wear makeup so that pretty much excludes me.
Even if I didn't...I would feel like my face was truly clean without using some kind of (mild) cleanser, or even a toner.

#65 karma89

karma89

I love lamp.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:02 PM

My flakiness went down like 70% since I've been applying olive oil to my face for 15-20 mins at night, and then rinsiing it before I go to sleep. I dont know if its because of that or because its been more than a week that I had the excessive flakiness, but its gone down considerably. There is still flaking though, but much less.

#66 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:23 AM

well tomorrow im going to start exercising again so this shall be interesting. Interesting because im not going to apply water to my face afterwards. Yeh i'll shower of course but i still wont let water touch my face. Everyone says oh, make sure you wash the sweat off afterwards so that it doesnt clog your pores etc etc well nah, im not doing it. People also say to wash your face twice a day and look where that got me. Im radicalising the experiment even more which im pretty excited about.

#67 cleanse2008

cleanse2008

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:23 AM

I hope this experiment goes well for you, when I changed my diet I also stopped using topical solutions and just splashed cold water on my face and let it air dry, changed pillowcase every day etc and noticed a huge improvement (I am not sure if it was due to diet alone or combined with skin care regime). However I noticed after a few days that I would get flaky skin dead skin cells and so I used the baby brush method. Now I am using the oil cleansing method which is working very well so far, I am going to see how this goes for a month before I decide to use absolutely nothing on my skin.

Also, do you find this has affected the appearance of scarring?

#68 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (cleanse2008 @ Nov 1 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope this experiment goes well for you, when I changed my diet I also stopped using topical solutions and just splashed cold water on my face and let it air dry, changed pillowcase every day etc and noticed a huge improvement (I am not sure if it was due to diet alone or combined with skin care regime). However I noticed after a few days that I would get flaky skin dead skin cells and so I used the baby brush method. Now I am using the oil cleansing method which is working very well so far, I am going to see how this goes for a month before I decide to use absolutely nothing on my skin.

fortunately, i dont have much scarring. i have a few (like 3-4) red marks on one cheek that have been there for like over 18 months (no doubt the use of topicals contributed to that). Im not sure if they have changed. I have given up on them anyway. Imagine if they healed? That would be interesting

#69 cleanse2008

cleanse2008

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (Adam08 @ Nov 2 2008, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fortunately, i dont have much scarring. i have a few (like 3-4) red marks on one cheek that have been there for like over 18 months (no doubt the use of topicals contributed to that). Im not sure if they have changed. I have given up on them anyway. Imagine if they healed? That would be interesting

Yeah that is what I would like to find out. By following paleo diet, having omega 3 fish every day I have clear skin, I am just waiting to see if it will effect scars, my skin tone has already improved. I was using apple cider vinegar to cleanse my skin at night a while back, but decided not to use it and see how the scars and tone heal without it.

How is the flaking of your skin at the moment

#70 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (cleanse2008 @ Nov 2 2008, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah that is what I would like to find out. By following paleo diet, having omega 3 fish every day I have clear skin, I am just waiting to see if it will effect scars, my skin tone has already improved. I was using apple cider vinegar to cleanse my skin at night a while back, but decided not to use it and see how the scars and tone heal without it.

flakes have reduced substantially. fortunately, i only got flakes all over my chin (and a bit in other places but yeh mostly the chin). My chin has been smashed by topicals over the years so it makes sense that much of the healing is occurring there. Interestingly, in the places where i dont get acne (forehead especially) i didnt get any flakes at all even though no water touches my face. i think that says something about the need for water to be touching my face.

this may seem a little exaggerated (and prob is) but it looks like i can actually see my acid mantle building up (if thats possible??)..its great to see. whether its the acid mantle or not, my face is obviously healing. what im trying to say is that the flakes that i have dont really look like flakes anymore. Looks more like dead skin or something which is far less visible. ive been doing this for 3 weeks.

#71 Listener

Listener

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:50 AM

Time to bring in the topical ketoconazole Adam.
Check my post on the first page. It has over a year's worth of experience of exactly what you're trying to achieve.

#72 climbear

climbear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Climbing, outdoors, natural living........

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (Adam08 @ Nov 2 2008, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

flakes have reduced substantially. fortunately, i only got flakes all over my chin (and a bit in other places but yeh mostly the chin). My chin has been smashed by topicals over the years so it makes sense that much of the healing is occurring there. Interestingly, in the places where i dont get acne (forehead especially) i didnt get any flakes at all even though no water touches my face. i think that says something about the need for water to be touching my face.

this may seem a little exaggerated (and prob is) but it looks like i can actually see my acid mantle building up (if thats possible??)..its great to see. whether its the acid mantle or not, my face is obviously healing. what im trying to say is that the flakes that i have dont really look like flakes anymore. Looks more like dead skin or something which is far less visible. ive been doing this for 3 weeks.

So what do you think about swimming in the ocean? Would this completely be going against the regimen? I really think that this makes sense. If you were a caveman though, there would be times when your face would get wet, when it rains, when they fish. Anyway, has your skin improved quite a bit since the beginning?

#73 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Listener @ Nov 3 2008, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Time to bring in the topical ketoconazole Adam.
Check my post on the first page. It has over a year's worth of experience of exactly what you're trying to achieve.

i dont think i have seb derm. Just overnight, the flakiness reduced substantially even more so. If i have flakiness in months to come, i'll prob consider other options but at the moment, im pretty confident/hopeful that the flakes will be gone pretty soon by doing nothing (thats what happened to some other people like waterwater and alexalmighty).

#74 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (climbear @ Nov 3 2008, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Adam08 @ Nov 2 2008, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what do you think about swimming in the ocean? Would this completely be going against the regimen? I really think that this makes sense. If you were a caveman though, there would be times when your face would get wet, when it rains, when they fish. Anyway, has your skin improved quite a bit since the beginning?

yeh my skin looks great. rainwater? yeh fantastic (the other day it rained where i am and the water felt really nice on my face). The ocean? Yeh great BUT im only going to go swimming at the beach when my skin has fully recovered (i.e. when the flakes are totally gone). Alexalmighty said that the effects of salt water on skin is temporary (and i tend to agree with him). It dries out your skin making it look better (may also heal as well). my skin is not oily though so it prob worsens my dehydrated skin. I live in a beachy area and summer is almost here where i am so yeh, when my skin is strong again, i'll be in the water. By strong, i mean that my acid mantle is back

#75 karma89

karma89

I love lamp.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:23 AM

Just reporting back. My flakes are completely gone. I got a break out this weekend, but that was because I pulled almost 2 all nighters last week and I was super stressed because of midterms. However, the pimples have been healing pretty fast. I dont want to jinx it though, every time I write something on here I always jinx everything (no lie lol).

My flaking is like 90% gone....I'll credit it to the olive oil.

So, as of today, both mine (water only) and Adam's (limited water only) methods are both working to a great extent. I will not lie, I still do get pimples, but I feel better about my skin now then I used to when I put on topicals, mainly because I know WHY I'm getting pimples now (stress in last week's case). If any of you need encouragement to join us, you have it infront of you.

#76 Adam08

Adam08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:03 AM

i have this spot next to my mouth. But i tell you what is great about it. It's incredibly TINY..Unbelievable. If i ever got a zit near my mouth/chin it was almost always a nasty one. I prob had a clogged pore or something prior to the regimen, and then my new acid mantle destroyed much of the bacteria (thats what im telling myself anyway hehe).

oh good times ..

#77 Blossom:D

Blossom:D

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

hmmm i have been doing this method too but i shower once every 3-4 days is that fine? i used to do this a year ago before i had acne and when i started getting acne i showered more to "clean" the acne but i guess it had the reverse effect. Or should i stay without water every week? more?

#78 Blossom:D

Blossom:D

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:13 PM

adam i am reallly!!! curious about that sweat and not showering method my brother lost all his acne when he did boxing... and he doesnt care about his acne and his smell lol so he never showered but now he is 100% clear it didnt make sense to me first. so comment back about the running thing smile.gif

#79 BIG DADDY

BIG DADDY

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

I have always wanted to try this but i have never had the balls
i have gone a day without washing my face but no longer.

#80 RockstarNailbomb

RockstarNailbomb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

well i have started to do a similar regimen. 2 days ago i washed my face with head and shoulders at night like i usually do, but in the morning i didnt wash it with anything. i have been doing this for 2 days now (washing at night, not washing in the morning) and i have found that it has significantly reduced the redness that i previously had, although it is still their. I am really afraid that if i stop washing my face completely i will have a breakout. To top it off i have just started taking whey protein so im prepared for a breakout from that too.

My question is, if someone( not me because my acne is to mild) were to take low dose accutane ( ie.10mg/day) would the acid mantle barrier still repair itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users