cortisone hypertrophic red mark

50 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_fignootron_*

Guest_fignootron_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

i did a bit of research, and i've found that you're not supposed to put hydrocortisone on an open wound...did you mean just for getting rid of the redness after you've completed a week of the vineger experiment?

#22 peanutbutterbrother

peanutbutterbrother

man with no eyes

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Astronomy, Writing, Science-Fiction, Animal Collective, Sourdough Burgers, Taking down the Federal Reserve, Iceland, Rural Landscapes, peace of mind

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (fignootron @ Dec 5 2008, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i did a bit of research, and i've found that you're not supposed to put hydrocortisone on an open wound...did you mean just for getting rid of the redness after you've completed a week of the vineger experiment?

really? The head dermatologist specifically said to apply hydrocortisone cream, although he did seem to be a bit of a nut. Where did you find this information?

#23 Guest_fignootron_*

Guest_fignootron_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

just googled "hydrocortisone open wound" without quotes. *shrug*

#24 Guest_fignootron_*

Guest_fignootron_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

have you been using the hydrocortisone? are you noticing a difference compared to neosporin? i realize it's still early, but i was just wondering. i just started "round 2".

#25 ninjazx

ninjazx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

maybe your dermo meant to say to use the hydrocortisone for the redness after the wound is closed. Ive never heard of it being used for open wounds either

#26 cuuca

cuuca

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

peanutbutter, how's your scar look like right now? please post ur progress for the rest of us. i wish it gone for good smile.gif

#27 ninjazx

ninjazx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:08 AM

What day do you stop applying the white vinegar? day 8?

edit: nvm, reread your first post

#28 v_singh

v_singh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:54 AM

progress ?

#29 ninjazx

ninjazx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

I started this little treatment last friday and now Im on day 9 and I have a really big red scab on my nose. I dont know whether the bump is gone or not. Ill report back after the scab falls off.

#30 jimhouse

jimhouse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

Progress?

#31 daveoh

daveoh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

Any news on results?

#32 ninjazx

ninjazx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

eh, didnt work for me, but I didnt follow the directions to a t. I didnt apply any ointments and I couldnt get it to bleed like the op said it should. Dont know if this would have a big effect on results. I might try it again in the future though and try to follow the directions better.

#33 jimhouse

jimhouse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

Ok I really dont recommend this
I did it and created a wound, there was no raised scar for about a week
Now my scar on my nose feels more raised then ever
It looks really uneven
Worst of all it is bright pink
I have a lovely pink RAISED scar on my nose and who knows how long til it fades
I am hoping the scar will shrink down a bit but for now
I really need to know how to help fade the pinkness without doing further damage!
Appreciate any replies!

#34 solothink

solothink

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:28 AM

Curing acne is complex, but makin a hypertrophic scar go away should be much easier for scientists.

Anyways, back on topic,

I had a pimple that I was very very sure would turn into a hypertrophic and it probably would have if I didn't mess with it, it was like a firm red bulb, I tried various things, breaking multivitamins tablets and spreading the powder, I dont think that did anything,

I tried popping it with a peg and messing with it and making it bleed, I thought my own blood would be the best way to heal it so yea, then i squeezed it or something, I somehow prevented it from becoming one... I also remember trying my own saliva as a spot treatment, but I don't think that helped much, maybe it did.

now that picture of you with the red scar was not much different from what i'm talking about, and I was able to flatten it completely by just gently picking the excess of with my fingers, I'm taking 100% flat, it became a red mark and it has now faded 80% (5 months later) and will continue to fade to 100%. Mine was on the cheek however, and My guess is the cheek is not as stubborn? as the nose?.

but please don't get your hopes up, maybe I got lucky, I became religious at the time as well, maybe he helped. wink.gif

#35 ohnoes

ohnoes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

I've been putting apple cider vinegar onto my hypertrophic scars and now they are wounds with a soft piece of skin on top (like a blister). It looks much worse than before...I'm tempted to pick off the piece of skin on top of my scar, but I'm afraid it will scar... I'm really scared that I might have messed up my skin...anyone?

#36 scoks

scoks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

So what happened? Do tell us if it worked, I have the same kind of thing on my chin, only smaller and more in number :S

#37 dimseen

dimseen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

I read this thread awhile ago and tried to imitate his method with concentrated lemon juice instead of vinegar. Since my hypertrophic scars were on my jaw lines, I had a hard time seeing where to rub. Let's just say it was a hard procedure for me, but I definitely saw significant improvements. The problem with using q tips is they are harder to control. So I came up with a different variation of this procedure. I used cotton pads and lemon juice instead. I rubbed the area with hypertrophic scars with pressure that I felt was not too uncomfortable for my skin. Yes, the normal skin surrounding the scar got rubbed, too. The raised scar began to bleed before the surrounding skin. I stopped rubbing when it started to bleed. Put Neosporin on the spot. I think it's really important to not go too deep to the point where you bleed a lot because more scar tissue might grow on top of the scar. That's just my idea, I'm not sure if that would really happen. However, my results show that slight bleeding with thin scab is more effective (I had multiple hypertrophic scars, so I could make comparisons). Let the scab form and let it peel on its own. Another thing that I did differently than this guy is I only do the procedure once rather than doing it for several days. If you can make your scar bleed the first time, a scab will form within an hour. It's not right to rub on the scab because it will make you bleed even more, and more chance of scarring. After your scab falls off, wait a week before doing it again. Experience tells me that if you do it immediately after the scab falls off, you will bleed a lot because it's still healing. Each time I complete the process, the scars got flatter and flatter. It's definitely more effective than silicon gel or whatever.

Edited by dimseen, 28 July 2010 - 10:19 PM.

#38 YUMYUM333

YUMYUM333

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

i am trying this now and i know this post is like two yrs old but im wondering did this really really work for anyone....i am on my 2nd day and there is no scab. my top layer of skin on the scar is off and i have just experienced some bleeding but no scarring at all. iam afraid this is going to leave a dark brown mark that well take months to get rid of.

i am using apple cider vinegar instead. idk peanutbutter never posted the final results. idk if i should continue or not. mines is on my nose on the side and its been thre for years idk how to get rid of it. i dont want to have to get injections =(

#39 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:23 AM

just curious, but did you get those scars on your nose from popping zits?

#40 Maldition

Maldition

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (peanutbutterbrother @ Oct 10 2008, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets cut the introduction, lets cut the drama of past failures of trying to get rid of hypertrophic scars, and lets get down straight to business...

THE SOLUTION

What you need:
1) White Distilled Vinegar
2) Q-Tip
3) Aloe Vera
4) Antibacterial Cream
5) About 1-2 weeks of downtime (unless you dont mind going out in public while its healing)

The steps to getting rid of it:

1) Dip the Q-Tip in the vinegar
2) Apply the Q-Tip against the hypertrophic scar and rub against it for about 10 seconds
3) Use the dry side of the Q-Tip and rub the vinegar nice even onto the scar. Dont be shy about it, rub against it firmly, not hard, but firmly enough to where you're not bending the Q-Tip. It is important that you do this in order to penetrate this scar and get into it. Do this for about 10 seconds as well.
4) Redip the vinger side of the Q-Tip into the vinegar and reapply it onto the scar with just as much firmness as you did with the dry side, but do it for about 30 seconds.
5) If you're doing it right, the scar will become white, or encircled by a white line. You may also bleed (this may not happen the first few times) but all of this is just signs that you're on the right path.
6) Apply Aloe Vera and/or Antibacterial Cream to the bump about 15-20 minutes after you're done. You should expect scabs, BUT DONT PICK AT IT, YOU MAY SCAR. Let theese creams do the "picking" for you.

Do this twice a day for about a week, or until you feel the bump has dissapated. Here's how my process went, I am currently on day 8.

day 1) nothing
day 2) nothing
day 3) texture of bump becomes scabbed, but otherwise nothing
day 4) stays scabbed with no signs of improvement
day 5) bump is really red. and after applying vinegar in the evening, for the first time, theres a little bleeding (and from there on out there would be bleeding everytime I applied the white distilled viengar).
day 6) wake up in the morning with a red marked bump. I mean, BRIGHT RED. Its still hard to tell whether the bump has eroded or not because of the scabby surface. It did feel a little smaller. In the evening, I bleed a lot. I decide to apply aloe vera 10 minutes after due to this (from here on out I applied aloe vera)
day 7) Groundhog Day. See day 6.
day 8) MILESTONE DAY. Today is day 8. The bump looks terrible, perhaps even worse than it did before. But I realize that the bump is no longer hypertrophic. It only feels hypertrophic because of the dry scab formed. The Bump is GONE, but the scabby, red, inflamed, remains. It looks like its going to take at least a couple weeks for it to be gone. I still intend on applying aloe vera from here on out until i feel its gone, but I am done applying the white distilled vinegar.

I am not the first one to do this vinegar experiment. And all of those who tried it before me were 100% satisfied with the results. Please be patient with the process.
Day 1 - Before
http://i51.photobuck.../bumponnose.jpg

Day 8, Healing not Complete
http://i51.photobuck...bumponnose3.jpg

http://i51.photobuck...bumponnose2.jpg
Though it remains unsightly, the healing is not complete. I will apply neosporin and aloe vera from here on out until it completely heals. Otherwise, you can tell the hypertrophic scar is no longer hypertrophic.

2nd Round - done twice a day from 11/25/08-11/30/08

http://i51.photobuck...mponnose3-1.jpg

http://i51.photobuck...bumponnose4.jpg

I've been applying a lot of aloe vera and then anti-bacterial cream. And I intend on doing this twice a day until that bright redness subsides, and the "wound" heals.

EDIT: DONT USE ALOE VERA OR ANTI-BACTERIAL CREAM TO THE AFFECTED AREA. IT IS TECHNICALLY AN OPEN WOUND. APPLY HYDROCORTISONE CREAM INSTEAD.

interesting.

Edited by eterna_maldicion, 03 November 2010 - 02:48 AM.

Scars are like diseases, destroy the lives of people...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users