Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the.ronin

Jc-The Garlic

18 posts in this topic

Ok Jc when you say chop up "cloves" what do you mean exactly becuase i tried chopping up an entire thing and it is way to strong to eat and i cant get it small enough to drink it...i was wondering if a clove was just part of it or like a whole thing cause if thats the case i need a blender i think. the stuff is seriously not feeling good in my stomach right now....

Ok Jc when you say chop up \"cloves\" what do you mean exactly becuase i tried chopping up an entire thing and it is way to strong to eat and i cant get it small enough to drink it...i was wondering if a clove was just part of it or like a whole thing cause if thats the case i need a blender i think. the stuff is seriously not feeling good in my stomach right now....

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

OK...thanks man. I still think im gonna buy a cheap blender though

Ya that's fine. The blender won't cook it that much, even if any. I used to use the blender too. When you down the drink, just open up the back of your throat as if you were shooting hard liquor. Down it goes. wink.gif

This is NOT an easy method to take! I commend you for even trying.

yea....I can see how its gonna be tough. I've heard you say good things about it though, and I've read good things about it so, along with vinegar, i think i might give it a try possibly. Thanks man for the help...you probably should be the moderator of this message board, It has your name written all over it buddy...

Thanks! I wanna be the moderator. But it might seem that I'm too new a member. POWER TRIP. =; biggrin.gif

Best of luck! Keep me posted on your results.

I pop it into my mouth with something like oatmeal chew it up and down it with a glass of water.

I'm gonna lick out your brain.

Karl--

If I'm in a BIG rush (like this morning!), I basically pop it into my mouth and chew it like bubble gum then flush it down with something good. You get used to it after a while! After taking this for this long, I can eat almost anything. Muahaha...

True story...the things that are best for you often taste bad. Otherwise, we'd have candy, chips, pizza, hamburgers, and hotdogs as medicines of the future. biggrin.gif

Do I have to CHEW the garlic or blend it? I'm thinking about chopping them into small pieces and swallowing them like pills to avoid the taste, but I'm not sure if that'll have the same effect.... I'm afraid if I do that it'll just come right out in the bathroom.. O:)

(I posted this already in the my main garlic thread)

Unfortunately, much like vegetables, the more you cook it, the more nutrients and healthy stuff you lose. The medicinal ingredient we want from garlic is allicin. Cooking or microwaving destroys allicin completely and removes any health benefit. It is produced when the garlic is finely chopped or crushed (swallowing it whole is not as beneficial). For the most powerful medicinal effect, crush some raw garlic and combine with cooked food shortly before serving.

So the short answer would be...you don't necessarily have to chew it like me, but just be sure to crush, mash, or dice it into little bits. Just so long as it goes into your body, you'll be getting the benefits. Good luck!

True story...the things that are best for you often taste bad.  

Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

-Oscar Wilde

Why would evolution do that to us?  Wouldn't our bodies naturually reject thing we were supposed to eat?  I love fresh garlic, by the way.  I put it on everything.  Salt water tastes bad and it's also bad for you.  Lots of mushrooms that will kill you taste bad too.   And what about personal tastes?  There are certain kinds of cheeses that make me gag.  Should I eat those?

You are forgiven! biggrin.gif

I always try to think of why people are the way they are based on evolution. Maybe fat tastes so good because in the olden days, our bodies were more efficient at burning fat so we needed more of it to carry on our daily lives of hunting and gathering and so on. Now, we are more "advanced" but our bodies haven't caught up yet. That's why carbs are bad for you too. They didn't have bread and pasta in the olden days. I don't want to start a fat vs carbs debate here. I think more veggies, less crap and more exercise would benefit almost everyone on the planet.

I read your log, by the way. I actually found myself on the edge of my seat as your flush day approached. I'm not sure if I missed it, but were you ever able to give yourself a coffee enema? (You can PM me if the details are too gross or weird to post.)

-Oscar Wilde

By "olden" I meant cave man times. I wasn't blaming any one thing for people being fat. There's a whole bunch of reasons.

I don't really know why I'm feeling defensive right now. I don't really know if I offended you somehow. If I did, my bad. I was just talking, I didn't want to start a big debate.

But, in any case, good luck with your health experiments. It takes a lot of courage and dedication. I'm glad you found something that works for you.

-Oscar Wilde

I'm not offended. Not in the least. biggrin.gif Just some friendly sparring.

I was only suggesting that you do research because...I haven't done it myself! :lol: I mean, I don't know much about how much we've actually evolved. The process certainly does take eons, but essentially, our bodies have remained the same, yet our diets have changed tremendously! How are our bodies reacting? Some mixed views here.

Sure we're living longer than ever before, but at what rate and at what cost? I'd like to know more about this too. Woah, we're way off topic now. What about garlic again? wink.gif

Right, garlic.

As someone who loves garlic and has a boyfriend, I was concerned about the smell. I bought a tongue scrapper. They are really cheap and fun to use and your whole mouth feels cleaner. (Also, I'm sure we all floss once a day, right?) I've noticed that flossing really helps with garlic/onion breath. Also, if I can get him to eat garlic with me, it's not as noticeable if we both smell like garlic. Lots of water helps too.

-Oscar Wilde

Unfortunately, and fortunately, it's the strong taste of the garlic that indicates that we're getting the most allicin out of it. Coo, cool...I use a tongue scraper too!

Time to ward away the vampires...