Photo

Jc-The Garlic

garlic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 the.ronin

the.ronin

image>mode>cmyk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:01 PM

Ok Jc when you say chop up "cloves" what do you mean exactly becuase i tried chopping up an entire thing and it is way to strong to eat and i cant get it small enough to drink it...i was wondering if a clove was just part of it or like a whole thing cause if thats the case i need a blender i think. the stuff is seriously not feeling good in my stomach right now....

#2 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:15 PM

Ok Jc when you say chop up \"cloves\" what do you mean exactly becuase i tried chopping up an entire thing and it is way to strong to eat and i cant get it small enough to drink it...i was wondering if a clove was just part of it or like a whole thing cause if thats the case i need a blender i think. the stuff is seriously not feeling good in my stomach right now....

Dude! Take it sloooooooooow. Since you're just starting out, do ONE clove a day. That's enough. Then build up. Not the entire ring! Gosh that's a lot! :lol: You MUST chop it or smash it up very finely. I have super cutting board skills now with a knife. wink.gif Do your best!

If you really do have parasites (garlic helps take care of pinworms), then once you kill them, the toxins will be released into your blood stream which could make you feel or nauseated. When you do a REAL parasite killing (with herbs, like Paragone), some people get very itchy skin and get sick. Some classic symptoms of killing parsites. You will obviously feel MUCH better later on.

From my last post:
"The medicinal ingredient we want from garlic is allicin. Cooking or microwaving destroys allicin completely and removes any health benefit. It is produced when the garlic is finely chopped or crushed (swallowing it whole is not as beneficial). For the most powerful medicinal effect, crush some raw garlic and combine with cooked food shortly before serving."
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#3 the.ronin

the.ronin

image>mode>cmyk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:26 PM

OK...thanks man. I still think im gonna buy a cheap blender though

#4 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:29 PM

Ya that's fine. The blender won't cook it that much, even if any. I used to use the blender too. When you down the drink, just open up the back of your throat as if you were shooting hard liquor. Down it goes. wink.gif

This is NOT an easy method to take! I commend you for even trying.

#5 the.ronin

the.ronin

image>mode>cmyk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:57 AM

yea....I can see how its gonna be tough. I've heard you say good things about it though, and I've read good things about it so, along with vinegar, i think i might give it a try possibly. Thanks man for the help...you probably should be the moderator of this message board, It has your name written all over it buddy...

#6 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:00 AM

Thanks! I wanna be the moderator. But it might seem that I'm too new a member. POWER TRIP. =; biggrin.gif

Best of luck! Keep me posted on your results.

#7 Karl

Karl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:10 AM

I pop it into my mouth with something like oatmeal chew it up and down it with a glass of water.
I'm gonna lick out your brain.

#8 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:19 AM

Karl--
If I'm in a BIG rush (like this morning!), I basically pop it into my mouth and chew it like bubble gum then flush it down with something good. You get used to it after a while! After taking this for this long, I can eat almost anything. Muahaha...

True story...the things that are best for you often taste bad. Otherwise, we'd have candy, chips, pizza, hamburgers, and hotdogs as medicines of the future. biggrin.gif

#9 yewonee

yewonee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:04 AM

Do I have to CHEW the garlic or blend it? I'm thinking about chopping them into small pieces and swallowing them like pills to avoid the taste, but I'm not sure if that'll have the same effect.... I'm afraid if I do that it'll just come right out in the bathroom.. O:)

#10 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:40 AM

(I posted this already in the my main garlic thread)

Unfortunately, much like vegetables, the more you cook it, the more nutrients and healthy stuff you lose. The medicinal ingredient we want from garlic is allicin. Cooking or microwaving destroys allicin completely and removes any health benefit. It is produced when the garlic is finely chopped or crushed (swallowing it whole is not as beneficial). For the most powerful medicinal effect, crush some raw garlic and combine with cooked food shortly before serving.

So the short answer would be...you don't necessarily have to chew it like me, but just be sure to crush, mash, or dice it into little bits. Just so long as it goes into your body, you'll be getting the benefits. Good luck!

#11 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

It's like dancing only better.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:33 PM

True story...the things that are best for you often taste bad.  

Why would evolution do that to us? Wouldn't our bodies naturually reject thing we were supposed to eat? I love fresh garlic, by the way. I put it on everything. Salt water tastes bad and it's also bad for you. Lots of mushrooms that will kill you taste bad too. And what about personal tastes? There are certain kinds of cheeses that make me gag. Should I eat those?

I'm just being difficult, I know. badgrin.gif But I love your posts. You got me interesting in reading about the liver on my own. I don't think I could do a whole flush myself, but it worth looking into other ways to keep it clean and healthy.
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
-Oscar Wilde

#12 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 12:56 PM

Why would evolution do that to us?  Wouldn't our bodies naturually reject thing we were supposed to eat?  I love fresh garlic, by the way.  I put it on everything.  Salt water tastes bad and it's also bad for you.  Lots of mushrooms that will kill you taste bad too.   And what about personal tastes?  There are certain kinds of cheeses that make me gag.  Should I eat those?

FORGIVE me for making sweeping generalizations! ](*,) biggrin.gif I was definitely over-simplifying my argument about the connection between taste and healthy foods.

Even so, there are things about this world which are truly twisted, for lack of a better word. For example, why are some of us being punished with stinky B.O. after we workout? Why can't we smell like roses after exercising? lol. Why does fat have to taste so good, yet be so bad for you? I'll admit, IF fast food could improve our health, I'd be going night and day to mcdonalds. (Nah, probably not) :lol: But in this case, it's mind over matter.

I'm just being difficult, I know.   badgrin.gif  But I love your posts.  You got me interesting in reading about the liver on my own.  I don't think I could do a whole flush myself, but it worth looking into other ways to keep it clean and healthy.

Thanks! It's great that you're reading more into your liver and your health. I would recommend going to a good bookstore and reading some books on detoxing and cleansing your body. They usually have an entire chapter dedicated to the liver. I love reading now! Knowledge is truly power.

#13 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 01:12 PM

You are forgiven! biggrin.gif

I always try to think of why people are the way they are based on evolution. Maybe fat tastes so good because in the olden days, our bodies were more efficient at burning fat so we needed more of it to carry on our daily lives of hunting and gathering and so on. Now, we are more "advanced" but our bodies haven't caught up yet. That's why carbs are bad for you too. They didn't have bread and pasta in the olden days. I don't want to start a fat vs carbs debate here. I think more veggies, less crap and more exercise would benefit almost everyone on the planet.

I read your log, by the way. I actually found myself on the edge of my seat as your flush day approached. I'm not sure if I missed it, but were you ever able to give yourself a coffee enema? (You can PM me if the details are too gross or weird to post.)
-Oscar Wilde

#14 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 01:28 PM

That's why carbs are bad for you too.  They didn't have bread and pasta in the olden days.

They didn't?? Exactly how "olden" are you talking about? :lol:

I think more veggies, less crap and more exercise would benefit almost everyone on the planet.

You know, America is THE fattest nation on the planet, yet they claim to be the most advanced. True enough, but therein lies their achilles heel. The American nation has become a civilization bent on efficiency and quick fixes. With the invention of cars - people are walking, cyling, and exercising less. The term 'couch potatoe' has taken on a whole new meaning (couch carb!) With the need to succed and placing high priority on money, people are finding less time to eat properly (hence, the need for fast food) to spend more time in the workplace.

Look at the diets in other parts of the world. The Chinese focus mainly on veggies and carbs. Look how skinny they are! (but yes, albeit smaller frame overall). The french are known to have a diet very high in fat, yet their obesity rate is 1/3 that of America's. America needs to open up its eyes and stop putting the blame on one thing (poor, poor carbs cry.gif )

I read your log, by the way.  I actually found myself on the edge of my seat as your flush day approached.  I'm not sure if I missed it, but were you ever able to give yourself a coffee enema?  (You can PM me if the details are too gross or weird to post.)

Never too gross. Haha. Funny you should mention coffee enemas, cause I've done two over the past few days! (my first time ever) Before that, I was trying my hand at sea salt/baking soda/bentonite enemas. Coffee enemas take more preparation, but the benefits are great for the liver. Have you read about it yet? If not, here's the link:

http://www.curezone....=28&db=5&C0=818

I've been going a bit overboard this past month with all these crazy experiments...but that's me! It's definitely an excellent learning experience. Better to start now than later. I'm doing a flush tonight!!! I've changed some things, so we'll see how this one goes. Wish me luck!

P.S. Maybe you should research more into the evolution of the human species and investigate how much we've actually changed! Etc.

#15 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:01 PM

By "olden" I meant cave man times. I wasn't blaming any one thing for people being fat. There's a whole bunch of reasons.

I don't really know why I'm feeling defensive right now. I don't really know if I offended you somehow. If I did, my bad. I was just talking, I didn't want to start a big debate.

But, in any case, good luck with your health experiments. It takes a lot of courage and dedication. I'm glad you found something that works for you.
-Oscar Wilde

#16 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:07 PM

I'm not offended. Not in the least. biggrin.gif Just some friendly sparring.

I was only suggesting that you do research because...I haven't done it myself! :lol: I mean, I don't know much about how much we've actually evolved. The process certainly does take eons, but essentially, our bodies have remained the same, yet our diets have changed tremendously! How are our bodies reacting? Some mixed views here.

Sure we're living longer than ever before, but at what rate and at what cost? I'd like to know more about this too. Woah, we're way off topic now. What about garlic again? wink.gif

#17 Monkeypie

Monkeypie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 02:20 PM

Right, garlic.

As someone who loves garlic and has a boyfriend, I was concerned about the smell. I bought a tongue scrapper. They are really cheap and fun to use and your whole mouth feels cleaner. (Also, I'm sure we all floss once a day, right?) I've noticed that flossing really helps with garlic/onion breath. Also, if I can get him to eat garlic with me, it's not as noticeable if we both smell like garlic. Lots of water helps too.
-Oscar Wilde

#18 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2004 - 05:03 PM

Unfortunately, and fortunately, it's the strong taste of the garlic that indicates that we're getting the most allicin out of it. Coo, cool...I use a tongue scraper too!

Time to ward away the vampires...