Photo

My Grade IV Cystic Acne with Pics

cyst zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 AWDracer

AWDracer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

Hi Guys!

I'm new here.

I've had these for a while, but I'm not sure how long exactly. I've been on Tetracycline to Zinc Sulphate (I found them effective but I'm allergic to those sadly) to Minocycline.

I use Stievamycin Gel Regular (the one that dries up)

I sometimes use Clindoxyl Gel

Anyway, this is really bad cystic acne. They might not be as bad looking if you were to look from them away but in pictures, I find them dreadfully awful. I've been told that I'm lucky that it's only one side and not the whole entire frontal area and it's true, I am relatively clear in the front and on the left side. However I feel like getting a torch and burning this awful side of my face. Please find some sort of a solution. I hate myself in pictures. I'm considering Accutane.

Are there over-the-counter treatments or any of your "secret formulas" for these? that could perhaps reduce the redness? This is redness before I have even touched them! Normally, I would hate people to comment on these in real life but please actually tell me how it is, honestly, and please tell me if there are any solutions outside of Accutane which I've been told that it almost guarantees success.

Thanks

Pics!

Please look and comment. Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 jtremere

jtremere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

Its hard to tell as the picture is somehwat blurry to me. Have you tooken Accutane? Accutane would clear that stuff up nicely.

#3 jubileo

jubileo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hi there,

Have you tried the Proactive Refining Mask? Athough I'm not a fan of any other Proactive product, this mask really does work and FAST. This has helped to control numerous breakouts literally overnight. Don't get me wrong, it's not a cure. But it will definitely help reduce redness and calm your skin. It says to wear the mask for 10-15 minutes 2-3 times per week. I usually put a thin layer all over my face before bed and when I wake up, there is a noticeable difference.

Also, since your acne is so localized, pay attention to how much you touch that area. Make a conscious effort to stop touching your face and neck. The only time you should touch your face or neck is when you're washing your face (2x per day only).

Change your pillowcase every other day and try not to sleep on that side of your face. I've heard that laundry detergents or fabric softeners can irritate some skin types.

What kind of soap are you using? Don't use the same soap you use on your body for your face. There are many OTC facial cleansers that work quite well and won't irritate your skin like body soap can. Also, avoid using a washcloth... just use your hands. Washcloths create tiny tears in your skin that can aggrivate existing acne and cause more.

You can also try an aspirin mask. The recipe is on acne.org. I tried my first one tonight and I'm quite impressed! It reduced redness and actually seemed to shrink the pustules. It also exfoliated my skin and brought heads to a few underlying pimples.

I would exhaust every possible resource before you try accutane. Believe me, I know how utterly frustrating it is - I have been battling acne for 12 years now. It sucks! But hang in there... be patient and you will find something that works.

Good luck!
My Acne Regimen
Morning
Purpose Gentle Cleanser
Benzamycin
ATOPALM MLE Intensive Moisurizer
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil Free Concealer & Healthy Skin Loose Powder
Multi-vitamin, Vitamin E, A, B-complex, Cod Liver Oil, Zinc, Acidophilus

Evening
Purpose Gentle Cleanser
Retin-A .025% (20-30min after washing face)

#4 Parkside

Parkside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

Nothing guarantees success for anyone actually, not even Accutane. Good luck and pray though.

#5 AWDracer

AWDracer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (jtremere @ Oct 6 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its hard to tell as the picture is somehwat blurry to me. Have you tooken Accutane? Accutane would clear that stuff up nicely.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't yet tried Accutane. I'm thinking about spending what I have to get it. I really don't want my parents to have to pay for something so expensive.

QUOTE (jubileo @ Oct 6 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there,

Have you tried the Proactive Refining Mask? Athough I'm not a fan of any other Proactive product, this mask really does work and FAST. This has helped to control numerous breakouts literally overnight. Don't get me wrong, it's not a cure. But it will definitely help reduce redness and calm your skin. It says to wear the mask for 10-15 minutes 2-3 times per week. I usually put a thin layer all over my face before bed and when I wake up, there is a noticeable difference.

Also, since your acne is so localized, pay attention to how much you touch that area. Make a conscious effort to stop touching your face and neck. The only time you should touch your face or neck is when you're washing your face (2x per day only).

Change your pillowcase every other day and try not to sleep on that side of your face. I've heard that laundry detergents or fabric softeners can irritate some skin types.

What kind of soap are you using? Don't use the same soap you use on your body for your face. There are many OTC facial cleansers that work quite well and won't irritate your skin like body soap can. Also, avoid using a washcloth... just use your hands. Washcloths create tiny tears in your skin that can aggrivate existing acne and cause more.

You can also try an aspirin mask. The recipe is on acne.org. I tried my first one tonight and I'm quite impressed! It reduced redness and actually seemed to shrink the pustules. It also exfoliated my skin and brought heads to a few underlying pimples.

I would exhaust every possible resource before you try accutane. Believe me, I know how utterly frustrating it is - I have been battling acne for 12 years now. It sucks! But hang in there... be patient and you will find something that works.

Good luck!

Nice post! I'll consider everything you've said. I'll start changing my pillowcase right now. It's absolutely true that I love sleeping on my sides.. :/ And I'm quite lazy on changing the pillow case but now you've made me a much more diligent cleaner now!

QUOTE (Parkside @ Oct 6 2008, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing guarantees success for anyone actually, not even Accutane. Good luck and pray though.

Yeah I know, thanks for the post though. Praying DOES work lol.

Besides that part, my frontal region and the other side is much more clear.

#6 dwhaa

dwhaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

Agree that it is odd that you only have on one side of your face. I have never taken Accutane but posting a link from here about Mandelic Acid -with pictures - I use it now - and her acne was much worse than mine. Please note it took alot of time to get where she is now.

http://www.acne.org/...FE-t179851.html

Good luck with whatever you do.
Dawn

Current status - pretty clear
am
10% Benz Perox Wash
2% Salycylic Acid Wash
diva dryer mitt to exfoliate
Straight Braggs ACV
1% Metrogel
Amlactin

pm
Vit C cleanser
Straight ACV
Every other Day Taz with Cerave
Spot Treat with 10% Benz Perox Cream

#7 rickpaul

rickpaul

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

does Stievamycin work?

#8 BarryAllen

BarryAllen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:16 PM

As far as cystic acne, I'd suggest looking for solutions in the Nutrition and Holistic Forum, especially the Pinned Threads at the top of the Forum. There's a wealth of info there. Also here's 2 posters who solved their cystic acne problem Tman378 and bfg9000d. Look up their posts and what they did to rid themselves of their cystic acne. The cause and results may surprise you.

As for me I'm on a low Glycemic Index diet (low carb/low sugar,) no fried foods, added fiber to diet, and haved used fish oil internally successfully, as well as Vit A and Zinc. Exercise and 3 liters of water daily help as well. The sun too. There are many supplements that can be used, but check into the above mentioned forum. Good luck!