Photo

Scar on nose

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
60 replies to this topic

#1 plshelp

plshelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

What is the cheapest way to get rid of these? Thanks...

Attached Thumbnails

• Nose.JPG

#2 heymikey

heymikey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

Have you tried TCA Cross?

#3 plshelp

plshelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

I've read about that here. You mean I can actually do it myself? Actually I am thinking if dermabrasion helps...

#4 brion1234

brion1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:57 AM

Dont mess with that scar on your nose! I had a very similair scar from a nose job and I messed with it, and now its REALLY permanently noticable. What you have there might be noticable for you, or someone at small points... But any SELF technique has a great percent chance of making it MUCH worse. You dont want to mess with your nose. What you have isn't nearly as big a deal as what I have now. Dont do TCA, Dermabrasion, or self needling. Those are the things that got me into this mess. Only do things from a doctor that you didnt have to force him to do. Now, since doing those things, the very FIRST thing people comment on about my appearance is that. Do you want that? I didnt think so.

#5 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (brion1234 @ Oct 6 2008, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont mess with that scar on your nose! I had a very similair scar from a nose job and I messed with it, and now its REALLY permanently noticable. What you have there might be noticable for you, or someone at small points... But any SELF technique has a great percent chance of making it MUCH worse. You dont want to mess with your nose. What you have isn't nearly as big a deal as what I have now. Dont do TCA, Dermabrasion, or self needling. Those are the things that got me into this mess. Only do things from a doctor that you didnt have to force him to do. Now, since doing those things, the very FIRST thing people comment on about my appearance is that. Do you want that? I didnt think so.

Please listen to brion1234 as he is giving you the best advice.

You must realize some people on this board haven't a clue they are causing more harm than good with their suggestions of TCA cross. The nose skin is much different than facial skin. From what I was told, there is less blood flow and the skin wants to stretch away from the injury, instead of close up and heal.

A few years back, I was desperate...I took the advice of TCA cross for a small scar on the tip of my nose.. Big Mistake! It took over a year to stop crusting over. Afterwards, I was left with a huge hole no makeup could ever cover. Much worse!
I eventually had it excised and that turned out horrible too. The stitches left their own scars. Now im living with a larger and wider indented scar. Ive seen many top plastic surgeons and no one will touch it. I was told by each to "live with it." ..very depressing.

edit: just a suggestion, it may be worth a try..if you want to temporarily reduce the appearance of your nose scars..try a natural clay mask. I use it a few times a week and sometimes leave it on my nose overnight. It really tightens up the pores making the scars less noticeable.

#6 plshelp

plshelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:07 PM

everyone...I am so happy to receive so many advice. smile.gif Look at the right size of the pic, the "U" shape scar, there isn't anyway to make it more invisible?

#7 sadgeorgy

sadgeorgy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:08 PM

I have similar scars as the OP, and am actually considering doing a TCA cross myself on some of those pits.

You must realize some people on this board haven't a clue they are causing more harm than good with their suggestions of TCA cross. The nose skin is much different than facial skin. From what I was told, there is less blood flow and the skin wants to stretch away from the injury, instead of close up and heal.

Thanks for the heads up. Can others share their knowledge/ experience on this as well? Are you guys basically saying doing a cross on the nose area in general is a bad idea?

#8 brion1234

brion1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (sadgeorgy @ Oct 7 2008, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have similar scars as the OP, and am actually considering doing a TCA cross myself on some of those pits.

Thanks for the heads up. Can others share their knowledge/ experience on this as well? Are you guys basically saying doing a cross on the nose area in general is a bad idea?

Without a DOUBT. But your focus to fix the problem is so strong it seems to me you will indeed do something to it no matter what we 'veterans' recommend. Why dont you try something harmless like silicone sheets? Mederma? Copper peptides? or maybe a saline injection? Other then that, with the products available in 2008, your pretty much bound to do more damage then what already is done. No one comments to you on that u shaped scar do they? One thing that helps me is someone said, although its a gender specific statement which I dont like to use. But he said "Be a man! Men have scars. Toughen up and forget about it".

#9 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (sadgeorgy @ Oct 7 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

speaking from experience, YES TCA cross on the nose is a bad idea.

#10 jay7

jay7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hi plshelp

I had a scar identical to yours on the tip of my nose (icepick) plus a shallow wider one (boxcar) next to it. I had them both punch elevated a year ago. The icepick didn't respond at all (too deep) but the boxcar looked great for a few months...until the incision from the punch elevation decided to indent confused.gif and leave a little c-shaped scar which isn't too bad, I guess, but still noticeable.

So, I had the icepick scar TCA crossed by a great derm, but everyone can make mistakes. That was about four months ago and now, instead of the little icepick, I've got a much wider, round crater thingy redface.gif Eww! It's kind of sort of getting slowly better, but I think no matter how much it improves it'll always look worse than the original icepick.

I've had some great results from TCA cross in the crease next to my nose, but as another member said the skin on the nose itself just seems to be different from other areas of the face. I wouldn't recommend TCA cross for your nose tip; file under 'too risky'.

#11 plshelp

plshelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:49 PM

oh..think I'll just leave it for now then. It does cause some social effects esp when few people once told me... "your nose is melting..." "you need serious help on your nose..." haha...I hate my nose...

#12 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (plshelp @ Oct 7 2008, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh..think I'll just leave it for now then. It does cause some social effects esp when few people once told me... "your nose is melting..." "you need serious help on your nose..." haha...I hate my nose...

oh I am so sorry..thats horrible! some people can be so cruel. I just wish there was some hope for us with nose scars. I hate my nose too. Sometimes mine looks so bad i don't leave the house without a bandaid over my nose. As crazy as it looks, It makes me feel a bit more normal. sad.gif

#13 plshelp

plshelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:47 AM

yeah...the worse is .."your nose is decomposing." haha.... eusa_snooty.gif maybe i should find those powder that matches my tone color and fill it up in that "hole"..or i can use the "hole" as an extra pocket.... surprised.gif

#14 jay7

jay7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (plshelp @ Oct 8 2008, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The best comment I had (this was 19 years ago and I still remember it) was "Did a cat attack the end of your nose...?" lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

#15 plshelp

plshelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

haha..cat attack!!!remember once I was in the army when I was hospitalised due to a poisonous plant which cut my face (in fact, it cut my nose). I was told by many people, "oh..look at that...the cut on the nose...so deep..." not one person, but a couple of them...

#16 sadgeorgy

sadgeorgy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

My nose is so bad I've resorted to putting concealer over it whenever I go out for the last few years. Beat that!

#17 plshelp

plshelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:06 PM

hey guys, what about dermaroller? do you think it helps?

#18 Sound*of*Silence

Sound*of*Silence

Ancient Mummified Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

Hi plshelp, okay, Im going to sound like Ms. Negativity here, but here's my experience..

I tried dermarolling my nose once. I have the shortest needle roller. After rolling, my nose became swollen and bright Red, kinda like Bozo..only Bigger...sounds funny..lol but it really did.

Apparently the "good" skin on my nose swelled.. But the scar didn't, making the scar look deeper. I did it at night, thankfully by morning my nose was back to it's usual shape and size...Thank God it was only a temporary swelling.. clowns scare the Hell outta me.

I do realize dermarolling one time isn't going to do squat. If you want to give it a try, you may have better results with continuous (weekly?) use....I may try it again (around xmas - Rudolph time, I'm not sure yet)

I envy your good sense of humor ..

#19 tomcruise

tomcruise

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

i'm thinking about doing a TCA peel on my entire face (including nose). 15-25% strength. Is this a bad idea? Sounds like alot of you have gotten more negative post procedure results than positive

#20 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:05 AM

i have tried both needling and tca cross (50% strength, very carefully applied) to scars on my nose. Some where halfway up the bridge, and one just off centre of the tip, and a few where the nose curves back to the bridge. I think the ones i needled on the bridge of my nose improved alot, and the tca made my others appear slightly more smooth- not a whole lot of improvement but not worse either.
just had fraxel on my face (+ nose) the other day, so i'll let you know how that work out.