Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uncle buck

Would drinking nothing but lemon/water for a day benefit me?

12 posts in this topic

Ok my brain has decided that every wednesday i should eat or drink nothing. Except two 1 litre bottles of water + lemon juice (squeezed from lemons). Am I crazy or will this somehow benefit my skin?

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Because... i don't know... good question. Perhaps i should drink water with lemon everyday. But on wednesdays i shall eat or drink nothing else... yeah i have a pretty confused mind, i was born confused. tongue.gif

You might get really really hungry if you just drink water with lemon juice in it...lemon alone probably won't subside your hunger... I don't know :-k

[sig-img:479]

Actually, that's the very same protocol you would follow for a lemon-water fast. Fasting is very good for your health. It gives your digesitve system a chance to rest and recuperate. The lemons are used to help flush away toxins.

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

Fasting should be done under the supervision of a Naturopath.

If you fast and are not prepared for it, your body can create a healing crisis and you will break out even more as you try and flush all toxins out.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Fasting should be done under the supervision of a Naturopath. 

If you fast and are not prepared for it, your body can create a healing crisis and you will break out even more as you try and flush all toxins out.

Fasting doesn't have to be food free. You could fast from junk but have lots of vegetable juices etc... that would add a lot of nutrients to your body.

Fasting doesn't have to be food free. You could fast from junk but have lots of vegetable juices etc... that would add a lot of nutrients to your body.

Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

-Oscar Wilde

I'm curious about fasting. I've wanted to try it, the healthy way. Thing is, if I don't eat, I faint. (It's happened before when I tried.) I know there are suppliments and ways to do it and still get the benefits of a healthy fast without the dangers of low blood sugar. Can you recommend a good book or website where I can research this, or in your opinion, is fasting just not for some people?

Drink lots of lemon water every day. Lemon contains Vit-C with is an antioxidant (abolishes free radicals). I believe the suggested lemon amount per water is about 1/2lemon per liter. Which is very diluted.

Using this so-called "diet," I noticed little results (8 months on diet). Others have better luck.