Food Recipes

6 replies to this topic

#1 leonidas

leonidas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2004 - 03:32 PM

Anyone want to share your favorite recipes here? I need to expand my menu =)

#2 Joel

Joel

coke zero = win

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Building cool stuff, eating delicious stuff ... the usual

Achievements

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:03 PM

Good idea!

I need some breakfast ideas as well. I like oatmeal, but it gets boring every day!

[sig-img:479]

#3 WaterWings

WaterWings

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music!

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:01 AM

For breakfast I eat stuff like: 
cottage cheese w/ strawberries/pineapple/peaches 
granola mixed w/ yogurt 
instant oatmeal w/yogurt, dried fruit, etc. 

good snacks include: 
almonds, dried fruit (i love papaye spears, craisins, apples), any fruit is always good for you, those Odwalla fruit drinks (get them at health food stores, theyre very filling and have lots of vitamins in them), dry breakfast cereals, popcorn cakes.. 

i don't have any true recipes on hand right now, but some things i like to make for dinner on the side are: 
sweet potato fries- chop them up in spears, brush with melted butter, sprinkle lightly with nutmeg, salt, and cinnamon. 
acorn squash- chop in half, scoop out insides, cover halves with plastic wrap, microwave for about 15 minutes, add a little butter and brown sugar and stir up into a mash. delicious!! 
veggie/bean mix- mix drained black beans, sweet corn, and diced red bell peppers with a little salt, a tiny bit of olive oil, parsely, and garlic if you want. chill in the fridge. it's very good! and you don't have to cook it. 

i recommend getting a "5-Ingredient" only cookbook, all the stuff is really easy to make.

Thanks for those few ideas ****** smile.gif Im never sure what to eat, and end up eating very little. ](*,)

Ive just got some organic oats for breakfast and some dried pineapple. Are all the dried fruits good for you?
Avenged Sevenfold, Everytime I Die, Most Precious Blood, The Blood Brothers, The Locust, Beecher, The Dillinger Escape Plan, System Of A Down, Shallow Water Grave, Kyds Vs Columbus, Crydebris, Converge, Hondo Maclean, Alexisonfire, From Autumn To Ashes

#4 Joel

Joel

coke zero = win

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Building cool stuff, eating delicious stuff ... the usual

Achievements

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:03 AM

I just tried some "Silk" (Soy milk) vanilla flavor. It was pretty good... It cost about twice as much as milk, but, I'm trying to see if I can clear up 100% by reducing my dairy intake.

[sig-img:479]

#5 leonidas

leonidas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. If none of you have tried almond milk yet, I suggest to go out and buy some. That stuff is mmmm good, and its not dairy.
I find it at the health store, or at the health food section of the supermarket. Sometimes its in the fridge, sometimes its not. Doesn't matter what temperature its at anyway, but it tastes best cold.

Hey ******, what part of Houston are you in? I'm in the Woodlands.

#6 WaterWings

WaterWings

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music!

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:02 AM

Just had to walk 4 miles to do my shopping today :roll: Anyway i got a few things I havent tried before.

Dried fruit salad
Organic apple juice
Organic apples
Organic oats
Organic pototoes
Organic bread
Organic bananas
Alpro sayo yoghurts
Organic grapes
Quorn Shephards pie

All this healthy stuff is rather expensive :-k
Avenged Sevenfold, Everytime I Die, Most Precious Blood, The Blood Brothers, The Locust, Beecher, The Dillinger Escape Plan, System Of A Down, Shallow Water Grave, Kyds Vs Columbus, Crydebris, Converge, Hondo Maclean, Alexisonfire, From Autumn To Ashes

#7 leonidas

leonidas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:53 AM

Cool, I just had organic apples yesterday. They were nice and juicy and in my opinion better than regular apples.

Does anyone have a good bok choy recipe? I cooked some the other day for the first time in the stir fry but I need to add lots more stuff to it =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users