Photo

Acne/scars making military entrance TOUGH!

keloid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 leet

leet

She dreams in digital....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 103
About Me

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:28 AM

Ok guys and gals... here is my story and damn am I getting depressed over this.

I went for my Army physical at MEPS the other day.

The whole physical went fine cept for when they started overlooking me for scars and piercings.

He asked me what kind of scars did I have that were distinguishing or identifying... or whatever.. and like we went over the same for what tattoos and where do you have them- can I see them deal... and when i showed the one tattoo i had 2 scars underneath it so he already saw it and i had to fess up... plus i had to do all these exercises in my underwear so they would have seen them in there too.

Ok so i show this doc my scars and i told him how i got them. he then asked me have you ever cut yourself. and I said no. I mean i have... lets see... 3 scars.. and they are raised (keloid or kypertrophic i guess) and i have 3 other scars that are clearly keloid... all on the shoulder area.. OH and 2 on my face/jawline.

So ok he got like weird with me cause i had self tanner on and it was blotchy from not drying and i didnt think of anything of that part...

then later hes like go wait in the other room. Im in my undies and reading a magazine. he brings this huge bitch of a doctor in (i saw her before)... and he points to the scars and keloids and then to the one on my jawline.. and she says- Looks like self mutilation to me!

I said... WHAT??? These scars came up from me picking acne...

they didnt want to hear it and cut me off. i tried to say what i wnated to say.

so later i go to sign my paper and i see there is a 3 (which means Disqual) over the 1 that was there for S= Psychiatric.

NOT COOL. IM PISSED and refuse to sign this.

So evntually the male doc said you can get a waiver.

So i said ok and i took my thing down to the army liaison. They said yes you can apply for a waiver.

I call my recruiter and he said oh wow you passed your test with high scores and you got all 1s in PUHLES except for eyes cause you wear glasses... and im like no dude they jsut changed the 1 to a 3.

My recruiter is like- Im coming up.

He got there and talked to them... so now i have to get a consult. A psych one... not fucking cool man... i mean they accused me of this and i didnt even get to explain. its my fault for not going to the doc over this stuff but 12 years ago i went for one on my ear from a piercing and they were like stay away from piercings and you wont get keloids (which i didnt and didnt get another one on my ears) but the docs never told me it can come from picking or trauma or ACNE... so here i am like looking retarded cause i have no medical files to back this up.

I also have to go for a derm consult. Not sure if i have to do both but the recruiter just had emailed me saying they want to look at the scars again... but i think they need to change that disqualifying score from the Psychiatric slot to the Upper extremities slot...

So...now i can say that acne is pure evil since i have keloids on my jawline that will interfere with the wearing of a gas mask... so i guess i have to go through expensive treatments now...

I really dont appreciate being told that i was a cutter or into self mutilation because of a scar and i have no idea how it even got there besides picking at acne...

that is my rant. im out.

#2 UFOrescue

UFOrescue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:42 AM

Edited by UFOrescue, 10 January 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#3 sophiena1143

sophiena1143

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

that is fucked uppp

#4 sixfeetunder

sixfeetunder

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:11 AM

That's just awful. I'd be incredibly upset and annoyed if I had been in your position and had an experience like that, too. The way they just cut you off and didn't seem to be interested in your explanation shows how disgustingly ignorant they are. eusa_doh.gif I hope everything works out alright for you.

#5 c'est la vigne

c'est la vigne

All aboard the nekobus!!!

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:18 AM

Wow. That's really messed up. When my ex-husband went to MEPS to join the Navy, they totally fudged his scores for him. He told me afterward that he couldn't do the duck waddle walk thing, and that his joints were cracking and popping the whole time, and they were like, "Eh, whatever.".

I'm sorry they're giving you such a hassle. Damn The Man.

#6 myskin_2008

myskin_2008

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

Oh my god...this is terrible..! eusa_snooty.gif
I am so sorry to hear...

#7 crash

crash

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:06 AM

sorry to hear the troubles. i didn't have any hassle wutsoever joining the air force. now i have a respectable job saving people while flying in a helicopter. i dont think its right they hold u back from wanting to help defend and protect the american way of life. im sure things will get cleared up. good luck

#8 leet

leet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:05 AM

Yeah man this is bumming me out big time. My recruiter told me not to worry about it and that im just over analyzing it... and he said they want me to go to a derm consult... but thing is, they still have the 3 in the psychiatric section which if i need to see a derm then they need to change that section back to a 1 because i dont think crazy people automatically have bad skin. LOL Know what i mean? I dont want to go in looking like a nut!

#9 fukacne

fukacne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:43 AM

Fuck the United States army, the canadian forces is where its at biggrin.gif

#10 White

White

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (fukacne @ Sep 27 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3 guys with overalls and hockey sticks is not considered an army wink.gif

#11 Da Foxx

Da Foxx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (White @ Sep 27 2008, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (fukacne @ Sep 27 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3 guys with overalls and hockey sticks is not considered an army wink.gif

At least our army treats our people like people. But our army is not so big either. -_-

#12 speaktwice

speaktwice

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

They're doing the same thing hippy, they just have a different flag on their shoulder. Canadians are hated just as much as Americans in the middle east because of the war, they're no different than the American soldiers.

#13 fukacne

fukacne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

I'm in the Canadian Forces, our army is a lot better then most people think. But yea I don't agree with whats going on in the middle east, I'm one of those tinfoil hat guys.

#14 leet

leet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:39 AM

Hey guys. Thanks for hijacking the thread. j/k

Anyways i am trying to figure out how long my MEPS physical is good for... cause in about 20 days I am going to Thailand (for 60 days) with my mom and dad and we are going to check out dermatologists that have experience in treating keloids and scars... i figured this is a good choice since its going to be cheaper and they probably have seen this over there anyways... remember all, i am half asian so my skin heals a little different.

I figure I will have to spend money on this anyways so why not get it started in thailand while i am there on vaca and hopefully get the majority of it clear then it might not be so costly to finish up treatments in the states. phew.

#15 MostExtreme

MostExtreme

There Is No Easy Way Out

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

fuck them Leet how could anyone never heard of acne scars before and call them some shit like that. Leet remember you are a true warrior you got to eat that shit up. I am outrage myself that acne scars are fucking up your furture by some dumb bitch?

#16 SeaofSunset

SeaofSunset

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

i would of gone home, really cut myself, gone back and said. "this is what self harm really looks like FUCK HEADS".

Damn those doctors seem ignorant. It would have been horrible

#17 Scar_Tissue

Scar_Tissue

Now if you let me, you won't regret me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

g@h im glad your not giving in! and stickn with your true acne story

what bitches

#18 Iliad

Iliad

watcher. sleeper. dreamer.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

dot.gif stupidest thing I've heard all day.