Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clear!

5 posts in this topic

People may remember some of my very few posts here- I was helped out a great deal by the information provided by sweetjade1980. Anyways, just wanted to check back and let everyone know that by eliminating all grains from my diet (except brown rice), and not eating sugar, I'm 100% clear. Oh, and using salicylic acid 2% wash has helped I think. It took about 1.5 months after eliminating all grains, and I've had a bit of sugar lately (just what's in sausages, salad dressings etc), with no adverse effects. Yay!

I highly reccomend doing a search for sweetjade's posts, or search lectins on the net. It's really really great biggrin.gif

so we arent supposed to eat:

meat

grain

dairy

sugar

animal fats

..what's that left, ruffage and some white meat and water?

the writing on the wall

Yay for you, Katie!! =D> biggrin.gif/ =D> biggrin.gif/ =D> biggrin.gif/ =D> biggrin.gif/ =D> biggrin.gif/ =D> biggrin.gif/

YEAH!!! So glad to hear that. I myself still consume Corn (which has a form of gluten & lectins in it) and usually white rice. So bad I am ;-)

Smack,

I consume meat, but I do consume less than I used to. You can eat all the seafood, lean meats you want. I think the main ones for concern are Red meats and pork. However, I still eat those too. Otherwise, your list is rather correct. Although there's always the exception to the rule so experimentation is definately the key =)

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.