Photo

My MiXto Micro Fractional Laser Treatment Journal (W/Pics Before, During, & After +)

laser

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#21 Trying1111

Trying1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

And Jobee, how are you doing now? Are things healing ok?

#22 kittykat7

kittykat7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

Kittykat, just wondering if you got it done and how it went... ?smile.gif
[/quote]

I am getting it done this Friday and boy am i nervous. ive done so much research my eyes hurt from being on the computer so much.

#23 Trying1111

Trying1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:06 PM

Good luck! I did a lot of research too. I had it done in August. Just be patient with the healing b/c it may not peel as fast as they say. I peeled on days four and five.

#24 kittykat7

kittykat7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

i had it done today and my face looks like jobee. is there anything that will speed up the process? i have class monday night that i cant miss. women are more self conscious bout their appearance you know. i think the reason why they had quoted so little to jobee was cuz it wasnt full face. when i told doc i wanted my last 2 treatments to be mixto he didnt like that cuz of how much he charged per treatment. so he "hooked" me up with authorizing just affected areas only and the last one being full face. well who knows maybe it is more expensive just cuz it is california.

aahhh! i need to look presentable by monday at 6! work is ok cuz i requested that day off. =)

#25 Jobee87

Jobee87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:04 PM

Update - Day 18

As of today I don't see improvements in terms of the scaring and depth. I have noticed that my color is a lot better which has lifted my self esteem up a bit. The scars are less noticable because of the better tone of skin. The area that was treated is still a tab more pink that the other parts of my face. I dont believe this isn't noticable when im out and about, only 10 minutes or so after i apply toner or moisterizer.

I stopped using the expensive moisturizer i was given and went for cetaphil. I'm not sure it was a good choice because this last week my skin broke up on specific places on opposite sides of my face. It could be due to the way im sleeping or it could be from the cetaphil or even too much moisturizer for my face. I will go back to the expensive stuff.

My esteem had been up because my tone is much better; however, after taking these pictures my self esteem went down. Obviously these pictures are a far exaggeration from what it looks like in real life, but seeing them still hurts.

I still cant make a judgment on the treatment since I was told it could take months to notice a difference and i still need to go in for the second treatment.

Day 18 pictures.

#26 Trying1111

Trying1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

Kittykat7, please don't rush the process. I seriously doubt you will be presentable for 6pm Monday. I am not sure what the appt is, but either don't go or go as is. Don't pick or anything. So what areas did you have treated?

Jobee87, I am sorry that you are not so happy about the results. I see a difference; a small one but it seems softer in appearance to me. It's been almost 2 months for me and some days I think I look worse than before the treatment but then again I was never sure exactly how bad it really was in the first place. I guess I will do my 2nd treatment in December. I read somewhere that someone needed 4 or 5 before seeing improvements.

Ugh. Let's hope it works for us:)

#27 mooshoo

mooshoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:08 PM

i see a very good improvement. the scars have lost their depth and definition. your skin is not perfect but i wouldnt call it scarred anymore! keep up the pics. you will see a lot of improvement in the next several months.

take a lot of vitamin C split up over the course of the day. along with complete protein. both of these are needed in collagen synthesis. vitamin C is an essential catalyst. burn victims are given massive doses or they will not heal. you've got to take it every few hours because the half life is only a few hours.

most other mammals produce their own vitamin C. great apes including humans have a mutation so we produce 3 of the 4 components. lacking the 4th the proto-vitamin C self destructs.

as for the acne. try cutting out all dairy. milk, ice cream, yogurt, cheese. that works for me. if i try to cheat i get acne the next day. even some baked goods with a lot of milk can do it if you have a lot.

#28 kittykat7

kittykat7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2008 - 08:36 PM

I got it done only on my cheeks. They used the smooth beam on my forehead and any other clear areas. my full face appointment is next month. i have school on monday and i cant miss it. =( i am not sure what to do. well i have high hopes about the procedure, my scars are fairly new, since like may, and they are just a lot of red marks.i do believe the procedure will have good results, overtime skin will get better. it just needs time to build up collagen.

#29 Trying1111

Trying1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

Well Kittykat perhaps it will be ok for you to go. And since your scars are red marks I am positive this will have a great result for you. It took care of any marks like freckles, etc, for me.

Mooshoo thanks for the vitamin C tip.

#30 kittykat7

kittykat7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

that is awesome! im so glad to hear theres a high chance of these red marks going away. i think i will have to suck it up and go to class tomorrow night. ill probably wear a hood, its cold nowadays anyways.

#31 Trying1111

Trying1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

So how's it going kittykat?

#32 Jobee87

Jobee87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Trying1111 @ Oct 15 2008, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how's it going kittykat?

Yeah, where you ok to go to school on Monday?

#33 kittykat7

kittykat7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

Hey guys,
yes i was able to go to class. i started peeling sunday night and my goodness when it peels it peels rapidly. by 6 i only had a patch of unpeeled skin on my left cheekbone. nothing major. i didnt wear aquaphor, i put on cetaphil hydrating lotion. by the next morning it was gone. my skin does feel softer. i kinda feel like she didnt use such a high strength. i dont know if thats a good or bad thing. they want to do full face in november but i think i will push it to january.

#34 Jobee87

Jobee87

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

Glad to here you're doing well Kitty. Any more updates?

Day 25 update:

So overall today was a good day for my skin. The entire day my face looked refreshed, almost abnormally so. My skin tone was fairly consistent throughout which is strange for me to see, I guess in a good way. I've been having a hard time comparing how i looked before to how i look now. Mentally it difficult for me to notice a difference since i see my face everyday but i do there is a positive change. I'm glad you guys see some kind of change too.

In terms of supplements I upped my dosage of Vitamin B complex, seperate niacin, and Vitamin C.

This week I separated my pictures into three folders;

One right after a shave,
one after toner,
and one after I applied moisturizer.

Let me know what you think

#35 pogo

pogo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

I know pictures don't reveal the true appearance of scars, but still, your skin looks great.

I also found it interesting when you wrote that your skin looked abnormally good on a certain day. For me, the variance in my appearance is one of the hardest parts of having scars. One day my skin will look ok and I will feel great and and the next day it looks horrible and I feel horrible. It's maddening. I just wish I could have better control of knowing when myskin will look good. It sucks when you have an event to go to and the day before your skin is fine but on the day of the event it looks like crap.

#36 Trying1111

Trying1111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hi Pogo, just curious...have you had any sort of treatments done?

#37 MissLeni

MissLeni

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hi everybody,

Well, first I apologise for the mistakes but i'm french. I hope i'll be understandable smile.gif

I'd like to talk about my Mixto experience. Mixto isn't really known in france, less than 20 dermatologst use it in the whole country, so that's not easy to share experiences in french boards...

I'm 27 years old, and i have scars (10 or 12) not because of acne, but because of varicella, actually i had that illness last summer, and since i have scars exactly like acne scars.

I had my first Mixto experience last friday, and my skin started to peel this morning. I can see the scars and i definately think that's NOT better at all, i'd say that's worse now.

I hope my skin will become better in the next weeks, and i'd like to know if you (people who had a mixto experience) have noticed progress in the days, weeks or months that followed Mixto treatment?

Thank you for your answers, and again, i'm sorry for my bad english.

#38 kittykat7

kittykat7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (MissLeni @ Nov 10 2008, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everybody,
I hope my skin will become better in the next weeks, and i'd like to know if you (people who had a mixto experience) have noticed progress in the days, weeks or months that followed Mixto treatment?
Thank you for your answers, and again, i'm sorry for my bad english.

Hi , Ive had it done about six weeks ago but only cheeks, and Ive done my second treatment this past Friday as well but full face. I too started peeling this morning. To be honest I havent really noticed much. My face is glowy and nicer but the red marks I have faded somewhat but not extreme. They told me that you would continue to see improvement over the months. So I dont think you should lose hope. It takes time to build up collagen. Im not sure what kind of scars you have but I dont think a year ago is that long ago, so maybe they are still kinda new where they will go away overtime.

#39 jorgy

jorgy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:53 AM

Hello jobee I have a question, I have had 3 chemicals peels already and I haven’t see any change on my scares it’s really frustrate, because I had paid 100 for each should I do the laser can anyone give any subjection. Thank you very much

#40 MissLeni

MissLeni

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (kittykat7 @ Nov 10 2008, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi , Ive had it done about six weeks ago but only cheeks, and Ive done my second treatment this past Friday as well but full face. I too started peeling this morning. To be honest I havent really noticed much. My face is glowy and nicer but the red marks I have faded somewhat but not extreme. They told me that you would continue to see improvement over the months. So I dont think you should lose hope. It takes time to build up collagen. Im not sure what kind of scars you have but I dont think a year ago is that long ago, so maybe they are still kinda new where they will go away overtime.

Thank you for your answer.
My scars really looks like acne scars, and i have it since june 2008, so less than one year.
My dermatologist think it's better to treat scars as soon as possible, because the Mixto can help to build up new collagen during the natural skin reconstruction.
I'm not loosing hope, but i'm just scared, because today my skin is really red and i think my scars are bigger than before my Mixto treatment.