Photo

What in the HELL!? This never goes away.

3 replies to this topic

#1 CWtheGreat

CWtheGreat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:04 AM

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Seriously, even when I think I've beaten acne, this #^@& keeps creeping back on me. So, let's see....

I'm 20 years old (21 in a month). I've had acne since I was probably 14-15 years old. I've literally changed my LIFE to combat acne and for the most part I "had" it under control. Let's take a look at all the sacrifices I've made:

-I eat the same $&@# everyday to "avoid" acne. I don't eat: Dairy, fried foods, anything with dairy in it, greasy foods, candy, cake, etc, etc.

-I never drink alcohol anymore.

-I never go to the beach anymore or stay outdoors when the sun is out unless I'm working.

-Don't do a bunch of other things.

So, I do all this and I don't get breakouts and things are great. I still have some red spots and some minor scarring to deal with, no biggie. I'm going good for about 3-4 months and my confidence is raging and I'm chillin.... Then this. In the past 2 days I get 4 new pimples, mostly in "dangerous" areas (upper-cheeks where scarring is highly likely). So now I'm like, "WTF," I haven't done anything "wrong."

This just doesn't end. Looking back on this post, this post isn't even going anywhere. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this.

/rant

Anyways, this sucks. I've also lurked on this website for a while and had a seperate account but I don't remember what it was so i re-registered.

Thanks for reading.

#2 Da Foxx

Da Foxx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:10 AM

I'm in the same situation as you. I mostly have my acne under control and healing... So sometimes these suckers can't be killed and whatever we do they manage to come out and bite us back. Just know by next week it should heal and you hopefully don't get any new ones.

#3 250208

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:59 AM

Accutane cleared me up for three months, but the acne is returning. As expected really, I just hope it'll stay calm and not explode like it did before accutane. Oh, well.. Shit happens.

#4 o Havoc o

o Havoc o

Havoc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (CWtheGreat @ Sep 19 2008, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Seriously, even when I think I've beaten acne, this #^@& keeps creeping back on me. So, let's see....

I'm 20 years old (21 in a month). I've had acne since I was probably 14-15 years old. I've literally changed my LIFE to combat acne and for the most part I "had" it under control. Let's take a look at all the sacrifices I've made:

-I eat the same $&@# everyday to "avoid" acne. I don't eat: Dairy, fried foods, anything with dairy in it, greasy foods, candy, cake, etc, etc.

-I never drink alcohol anymore.

-I never go to the beach anymore or stay outdoors when the sun is out unless I'm working.

-Don't do a bunch of other things.

So, I do all this and I don't get breakouts and things are great. I still have some red spots and some minor scarring to deal with, no biggie. I'm going good for about 3-4 months and my confidence is raging and I'm chillin.... Then this. In the past 2 days I get 4 new pimples, mostly in "dangerous" areas (upper-cheeks where scarring is highly likely). So now I'm like, "WTF," I haven't done anything "wrong."

This just doesn't end. Looking back on this post, this post isn't even going anywhere. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this.

/rant

Anyways, this sucks. I've also lurked on this website for a while and had a seperate account but I don't remember what it was so i re-registered.

Thanks for reading.

Ok a lot of people don't agree with me on this but i am true believer in what i am about to say.

First of all. There is no cure fo acne. There is only treatment. You will have to keep treating until it goes away and grow out of it.

Secondly. IMO Diet has no direct effect on acne. I am a fulltime weight lifter and I am an expert on nutrition (im not being big headed but i know a hell of a lot about nutrition) weight lifters and body builders are experst in nutrition and i have been taught by some of the best natrual body builders in the world (in other words the ones who dont use performance enhancing drugs)

Now i have had acne since i was 13, i am now 24 and i still have it. For the last 3 years my diet has been perfect in the sense, I eat 6 to 8 meals a day, low fat, moderate carbs and high in lean protiens, plus vitamins, veg and protien shakes.

My most recent medical suggest i was in peak condition health wise. My cholestrol level is 2.1. The average human is 5.0. Blood sugar is normal, blood pressure normal, allergy tests come back negitive, no intollerances of any kind. To cut it short i am fit, strong and healthy but yet i still have acne. Now it is nothing to do with my diet because my diet for my trianing is spot on.

Acne is a genetic defect. The gene has been identified but it is as yet to be understood why the gene acts the why it does. The gene causes the pores to collapses in on themselves which traps bacteria and thats how we got a spot. While i agree an healthy diet gives you healthy skin it does not effect acne. Anyone can have healthy skin and still get acne. A friend of mine, she is 30 years old. Never had acne in her life and she got it 6months ago. Her diet hasn't changed, nothing in her life changed but she just got it.

I know so many people think diet directly effects acne but i think that is a load of crap. IMO diet won't shit to acne. In my 11 years of experience of acne diet has never made my acne any worse or any better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users