#1 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 29 March 2004 - 11:08 AM

I just looked into my mouth and I have 3 amalgam fillings. Two small ones on the side of my teeth (lower jaw) and one really deep one also on my lower jaw, but it takes up practically the entire tooth. It's so prominent that it makes my tooth a completely different shade from the rest! It's pretty much grey. [-(

I'm gonna get these suckers removed and replaced with composite fillings asap! Those who have done this procedure? How long does it take? and how much?
Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

#2 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:21 PM

I have a lot of fillings - I'm too scared to have them removed ... and I don't think I could afford it anyway.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#3 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2004 - 03:27 PM

I know that you, just like all of us, are trying to reach a pure state of well-being. Cleaning our liver, colon, intestines are just a part of the equation. Have you read Sweetjade's article on amalgam fillings and how it contributes to the toxicity in our body?

http://acne.org/mess...ghlight=amalgam

Maybe you can think about the filling replacement as being part of your massive product line. Money well spent. smile.gif I hear that it's anywhere from 40-100 per filling.

#4 skye

skye

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:biking, cooking, reading, hiking

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:27 PM

I had 2 mercury fillings removed. They covered a good portion of the surface of the tooth so I had to have them filled then capped (crowned).

I'd heard it wasn't supposed to be painful but for me it was extremely unpleasant. And extremely expensive. Insurance only covered half of the cost which put me out about $400 per tooth.

Get a good dentist!!

If you're unsure about what your dentist has suggested get a second opinion! It seems to me like some are just trying to make a buck.

Also if the mercury gets into your body by inadequate removal you can get very very sick.

Good luck!
skye

#5 jc

jc

Time for the big guns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:30 PM

Wow that's expensive!!!!!!!!!! But hopefully worth it. A lifelong investment I say!

I'm gonna look into it soon. :-k biggrin.gif

#6 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 March 2004 - 03:45 PM

Ouch, that is alot. However, it shouldn't cost you that much money. The price goes up depending on how many surfaces your teeth have (whatever that means). All I know is that if you have Dental insurance you will pay 30% -70% of the costs. So I was used to paying only $33 (originally $88 ) for every compostite filling or cracked tooth (hence I needed a filling) I got.

Now I have a discount program and the price varies for composite from $44 - $120 a filling depending on the # of surfaces. Whereas the price for amalgam is $35 - $63 depending on the surfaces. Although with a good plan, it could cost as little as $20 for a composite filling. Regardless of the fact that amalgam is cheaper, for those that currently have these, remember it's not worth the cost to your health (or your future children's). Besides eventually they will have to be placed, since they expand (and crack your tooth) over time. Also, you shouldn't have to pay extra to get one replaced with the other though, just the cost to get a filling.
http://www.dentalgen...m/fillings1.htm

HTH

P.S. under my discount plan Crowns range from $361 - $409 because amalgam is covering almost the entire tooth.

#7 skye

skye

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:biking, cooking, reading, hiking

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:43 PM

Yup. That's what my problem was. The mercury fillings covered nearly the entire surface of the tooth.

Sucks to be me.
skye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users