Photo

stretch marks

fraxel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 mooshoo

mooshoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

thinking of fraxel or similar type laser. got em on my thighs,arms, hips . . .

#2 m.susan23

m.susan23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (mooshoo @ Sep 14 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thinking of fraxel or similar type laser. got em on my thighs,arms, hips . . .

I tried fraxel (TCA and Pixel, CO2 lasers) on mine with no difference at all. I needled mine and that gave me a very slight improvement, enough to do it again. But I think most lasers are scams, and the Doc I went to about fraxel for stretch marks claimed that they had treated 2 patients sucessfully with stretch marks, but convieniently didnt take pics of them. BULLSHIT, they take before and after pics of everyone.

Fraxel is a waste of money.

Needling is the only thing that helped me but it was no miracle, it mainly made them less shiney (which is great).

Don't be anyones test bunny unless they are giving you a GREAT deal, or free. I had people claiming they are pretty sure something will work for me, but I would be there first patient for it, and they would still try me to get it done full price. Demand before and after pics of patients with any claims a Doc makes.

I hope this helps I have wasted way too much money on these treatments!

#3 mooshoo

mooshoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:00 PM

not what i wanted to hear. thanks for the reply though.

i've seen some pics online that showed a moderate improvement. stretch marks were still there but not as bad. one thing that gives me hope is that i lost the weight that caused them, changed my diet to primarily whole foods, and exercise 3 hours everyday now. plus im younger. so im hoping id have an even better improvement.

maybe just wishful thinking. id just as soon do the treatment if it wasn't so expensive. is there anyway to get it free or at cost?

#4 munsoned

munsoned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

mooshoo try Barmon Stretchmark Cream. I am a guy and have never used it. But it gets nothing but top notch reviews from the sites I use to read up on reviews for products I might try. Ive seen it for sale at a supplement site I buy my supps from. I lift weights. every review I read was very positive. looks to make a big difference. if it did then laser might be more effective.

If you get laser, make sure to find somebody who is held in high regards to do the job. somebody who cares and you feel comfortable with.

Ive never had laser but I can say that the dermotologist I go to is not a huge name guy, but he's a real kind man who treats me very well. and that goes along way. good luck.

#5 partyhard

partyhard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

There's this laser called "Multi-Clear" that repigments the marks so they're less noticeable. I don't know if they have the laser in the US but I discovered this in Asia. Unfortunately, I was only two weeks there and couldn't undergo any kind of treatment. Anyway, a friend of mine ordered one of those "stretch mark removal" instruction books online. According to the book (/from what she's told me), you need a body brush and a scrub (like St. Ives, etc.). Every time you shower, apply some scrub on the stretch marked area and begin brushing and brushing and brushing hard until really pink and continue. You have to be persistant and eventually, the marks will fade. It does make sense. You're basically exfoliating to the max. Exfoliating already exfoliated skin and so on.

I've been doing this for two weeks now. I can't say much if there's been improvement but I'm giving it more time. I'll wait 'til summer.

And don't stress too much. Maybe try this out? Don't lose hope! When there's a will, there's a way! Keep that adage in mind. smile.gif

#6 m.susan23

m.susan23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (mooshoo @ Sep 17 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not what i wanted to hear. thanks for the reply though.

i've seen some pics online that showed a moderate improvement. stretch marks were still there but not as bad. one thing that gives me hope is that i lost the weight that caused them, changed my diet to primarily whole foods, and exercise 3 hours everyday now. plus im younger. so im hoping id have an even better improvement.

maybe just wishful thinking. id just as soon do the treatment if it wasn't so expensive. is there anyway to get it free or at cost?

Sometimes if a doctor want to try out a device to see if it helps with stretch marks they will give you a good deal.
I am 20 and also eat well so I had the same hopes sad.gif
If you DO decide you want to try Fraxel, go to the doctor and just ask him if he will give you a deal (don't ask "can you give me a deal" necessarly. Something more like "Can I get 40% off."Something specific) if you are his first stretch mark patient or if he has no photos. I got (somewhat) of a deal on Fraxel (was charged only for the cost of what it would be for face treatments, even though the areas where very big on thighs, butt, hips, and breasts, probobly the area of 6 faces smile.gif )
P.S. I tries body brushing and the creams and they didn't work either (except body brushing made my skin feel really good!)

Hopefully they come out with something soon that has proven dramatic results!

#7 mooshoo

mooshoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:15 PM

i know about the repigmentation lasers. relume is one here in USA. but im interested in regrowing the collagen. im pale so the pigment is not much of an issue.

as far as creams, acids, scrubs, etc. i think thats just a waste of money and time. i know there are people out there getting fraxel on stretch marks. common people. respond!

#8 lamarr1986

lamarr1986

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:32 AM

Agressive dermaroller will work, especially if you combine it with LED therapy and a product called terproline. Look into all three and the science behind them all too see how it will work scientifically.

#9 mooshoo

mooshoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

have you tried dermaroller+terproline on stretch marks? or are you just floating that?

#10 mooshoo

mooshoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

I found this pic on a docs website. Shows mild improvement after 2 fraxel re:store treatments for stretch marks on inner thigh.

Attached Thumbnails

• media.nl.jpg

#11 davidmay00

davidmay00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

Derma Rolling looked kinda scary to me. I just kept trying creams and found a great one in Excel Skin Care's. Be consistent and keep applying it. The stretch marks will lighten and fade. They have the lowest prices through their store on Amazon.

#12 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

I'm currently dermarolling my stretch marks and applying 0.01% tretinoin every night and a Vitamin C serum every morning. I just started about two weeks ago, and I can't really tell if it's working, because right now the skin all around the marks is red, which of course makes my reddish marks look less noticeable. I took a before pic and I'll take a two weeks pic on Tuesday.

90% Clear thanks to Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo!
Current Routine:
-Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
-Carley's Clear and Smooth Exotic Butter Moisturizer
-Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer with SPF 30
-Clean and Clear Persa Gel Maxiumum Strength (spot treat)
-Tretinoin 0.05% (currently twice weekly at night)
-Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (once a week)
-Everday Minerals Mineral Makeup
-Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo

#13 Smack'd

Smack'd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

It's really embarrassing that I used to have stretch marks.(Not anymore, but it used to be)I was only 16 and weighed like 220. But, I started a good diet and worked out A LOT and now my body is a work of art.. lol. Try working out a little and eating better. I found that toned muscles help fade the appearance of stretch marks.

They also fade with time, but everyone hates hearing that.
Veni, Vidi, Vici.

1 more warning and I'm otta here for good. Just leaving this here as a reminder. ;3

#14 sean j

sean j

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

Is it possible that accutane can increase the chances of getting stretch marks? I mean it basically drys out everything in your skin.

Reason being is that I gained about 10lbs while on accutane and I got quite a bit of stretch marks on my hips.. My fault I gained weight but damn it wasn't like I gained THAT much. Kind of embarrassing being a 20 y/o guy with them.

Edited by sean j, 14 May 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#15 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (sean j @ May 14 2011, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible that accutane can increase the chances of getting stretch marks? I mean it basically drys out everything in your skin.

Reason being is that I gained about 10lbs while on accutane and I got quite a bit of stretch marks on my hips.. My fault I gained weight but damn it wasn't like I gained THAT much. Kind of embarrassing being a 20 y/o guy with them.

Accutane can definitely increase the chances of getting stretch marks. The more hydrated your skin is, the more resilient it is, so it won't "tear" as easily, hence less likely to get stretch marks. Since Accutane dries you out so much, your skin is a lot less resilient.

Current Routine:
-Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo

#16 sean j

sean j

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (AcneSlayer @ May 15 2011, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Accutane can definitely increase the chances of getting stretch marks. The more hydrated your skin is, the more resilient it is, so it won't "tear" as easily, hence less likely to get stretch marks. Since Accutane dries you out so much, your skin is a lot less resilient.

Yeah, makes sense. Unfortunate time to gain weight, lol.

#17 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (sean j @ May 14 2011, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, makes sense. Unfortunate time to gain weight, lol.

Yeah, sorry man. Maybe you can try tretinoin like Retin-A to fade them?

Current Routine:
-Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo

#18 Guest_Timehealsall_*

Guest_Timehealsall_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:57 PM

does this apply to topicals as well? Like benzoyl peroxide really dries my face, even if i use moisturizer.

Now i noticed weird lines forming on my face. If i stopped the BP, will these lines go away?

#19 AcneSlayer

AcneSlayer

Live. Laugh. Love.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Timehealsall @ May 14 2011, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

does this apply to topicals as well? Like benzoyl peroxide really dries my face, even if i use moisturizer.

Now i noticed weird lines forming on my face. If i stopped the BP, will these lines go away?

Those lines are probably showing up because your face is so dried out. I can't stand my skin being dry. You could probably cut back a bit on the BP and see what happens. If you stop completely you might break out again like crazy, so I don't know if I'd stop completely if it's helping your breakouts.

Current Routine:
-Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo

#20 --Val Pal--

--Val Pal--

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:05 AM

I hate stretch marks sad.gif and girls are more prone to get em, even if they are skinny as can be! i have a few girlfriends whole are VERY thin and tall but still have stretch marks at their hip area or near their butt etc.

i have ALWays had stretch marks on my inner thighs, idk why, its blah. i lost weight recently and at like 127-130ish right now, tryin to work out and tone things more but i still have stretch marks. and i lost a lot of my breasts which im SO sad about and trying to get em back (a girl always gets used to the size of her boobs when shes had that size forever, whether small or big), mine were on the bigger side and with losing weight i lost some of my boobage too, and can see stretch marks in certian light bc of how..since they were bigger the skin was stretch more, n now they are like..deflated some. UGH. why does skin have to get scars and stretch marks and acne and crap=/ lol

i guess i need to be consistent on doin something with some kinda cream or something.
old regimen: proactiv, sometimes other cleansers
new regimen: Aveeno ultra calming foam cleanser
-Sometimes I add the AVON light exfoliating beads into the cleanser in my hand to exfoliate
-Witch Hazel as an astringent
-Neutrogena face moisturizer for sensitive skin (at night 2 drops of jojoba oil)

If needed:
-Sometimes I use St. Ives green tea cleaner for acne
-Neutrogena BP 2.5% for spot treatment

Make-up:
L'oreal True Match press powder( any recommendations on natural make up with good coverage??)
Avon smooth minerals concealer (they stopped making this product though, so I am looking for a good concealer, recommendations please!)

diet: 2-3 cups of green tea a day, trying to make food diet better

vitamins: currently looking for a good brand of fish or krill oil