Photo

studies on chocolate not affecting acne funded by chocolate industry and all pure BS

paleo studies

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 blizzy

blizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 01:34 AM

iv been suffering from acne since i was 16 years old and after trying all the products such as benzoyl peroxide, sulfer soaps, silicilic acid ect, none worked over a long term period of time so i decided to look into my diet. i stumped upon several studies claiming that diet does not affect acne and i almost gave up but then i stumbled upon this ebook, dietary cure for acne and it listed a diet which would cure my acne.....i sed what have i got to lose? so i decided to give it a shot a month into it i noticed my face cleared up completely. here are sum recent pics of me. i dont have any before pics becuz i was always self conciouse of my acne and refused to take pics cuz it would always come out worse. the book is written by Loren cordain, phD. he has researched acne extensively and also he has found acne prevalent in western civilizations because of westernized foods. people like eskimos usually eat food thats either fished, hunted, grown or plucked and there have been no acne observed even in their teenagers and variouse other people who adopt a "paleothetic diet"......so basically if ur food doesnt look like you could have killed it or grown it dont eat it. the amount of useless carbs such as empty sugars we put into our bodies not only detireorate your health but your appearance as well. i also noticed if i added soda and chocolate and all the other junk foods back into my diet my acne would flare up in a matter of days and when i stopped it would clear up again. i could never approach any girl in high school becuz of my acne but now my confidence level has soared and i do pretty well with the ladies surprised.gif . im 19 now and been with 5 different girls in the last year! back in high school i didnt even have the balls to talk to one...

Attached Thumbnails

• 0410071600_00.jpg
  • 0403071635_00.jpg
  • 0405071604_00.jpg

#2 tdot

tdot

Meow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:17 PM

Wow you look great smile.gif. Yeah dieting for acne is the way to go... I'm glad you found your cure. I was wondering if you could list what you would eat in a day... I'd like to see which foods you eat exactly.
One day...

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

#3 ariellestar1234

ariellestar1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

You are a cutie.. wub.gif
I swear you are handsome! wink.gif

Little younglin...lol..look like a soon to be rocker or something...lol.

But chocolate is not good for candida sufferers in any way.
However, in small amnts after the candida has been pretty much cured..then like 1 time a week, a small piece might be alright..and thats the 100% ghirdelli,bittersweet or some type like that.
"we may encounter many defeats,but we must not be defeated".

#4 AlexGF

AlexGF

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

hmm how bad was your acne? cystic, moderate or mild?

Acne is disappearing... slowly

Regime: this regime has worked for me for the past month. Diet is nothig special; just avoid diary and sugary drinks/foods.. still eating lots of junk food like fries which doesnt' seem to affect me, have some fibre in the breakfast from berries and oats. Chicken, rice, bread, tuna, peppermint and green tea, cocoa, eggs, lost of baby carrots
THE KEY: Sunlight in the morning (15 to 30 mins), sleep at least 7 hrs a day
drink water whenever I can (aimin for 2 ltrs), wash my face with water morning and night
sexual activity only once every 10 days (til my skin recovers, then keep it moderate)
SUPPLEMENTS: MSM 1000 mg 3 times a day, Zinc 50 mg once a day, Vitamin C 500 mg twice a day

#5 tobias

tobias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

This author, Loren Cordain has also written 2 other books on the paleo diet, the cat def. knows what he is talking about. I'm soon getting the paperback version of this book, I don't like e-books. But from the sounds of it, if you want to skip reading about mental health, exercise, any of the other stuff and would prefer to just get straight into fixing your diet - this is the book
Males - GET AN ELECTRIC RAZOR, so important

Experimenting with:
-no added/un-natural sugar
-no grains bar rice cakes, gluten-free bread & buckwheat pancakes, of which in moderation. Aim for <50g carbs/day
-intermittent fasting and eating smaller amounts more frequently
-daily exercise

What breaks me out: some pastuerised dairy, gluten, SUGAR, probably starch and lectins, sleep deprivation, lack of sun, stress, some other b*tch of a thing I'm yet to discover

#6 blizzy

blizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

lol yeah i dont kno i get these little white tiny colorless bumps near my nose i kno it sounds gross but when i squeeze em this string of white stuff comes out but they never get inflamed or anything but those i have noticed have been there even before i had acne and wont go away!!! when i first went on the diet i completely cut out carbs all together only using stuff like fresh vegetables and lots of fruite, fish and chicken. but then i decided i wanted to get bufffed up and needed sum really calorie dense carbs (requires eating like every three hours ;.wink.gif so i tried adding the whole grain carbs in slowly to test out how my skin reacted. iv added things like whole wheat bread, brown rice and oatmeal back into my eating plan without any flare ups at all and my skin has been at its best. for my meats i stick mostly to lean grilled chicken, lean ground turkey, lots of fish and a protein shakes with water. my acne was mild at times to moderate. yes and the link provided by panda1 is the ebook. i cannot praise dr.cordain enough he really knows his stuff. i know its gonna be hard at first to do the diet as strict as dr cordain recommends it but you just have to keep your eye on having clear skin and the sacrifice is worth it after the initial 30 day period try adding stuff back but opt for a more healthy lifestyle like for example when i first started the diet my breakfast lunches and dinners would consist of the following:

breakfast: fruite salad such as strawberrys, apples, bananas and a a chiken breat or two
lunch : lots of veggies with chicken or fish
dinner : veggies and fruites and fish again =D

#7 kc01cxt

kc01cxt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

I'm on a very strict diet right now. It's difficult, but it's def worth it!
Thanks for sharing your story smile.gif
Food:
Lots of fruits and veggies
Fish, turkey,chicken & fish....no red meat
Drink @ least 3 Liters of water daily
Supplements:
Fish Oil 1000 mg 3x a day
B-Complex once daily
Acidophilus once daily
Zinc 50 mg daily
Multivitamin
On Dan's Regimen:
Morning
Rinse face with water
Night
Wash face with Cetaphil
BP 2.4%
Apply Neutrogena Healthy Skin Moisturizer w/ AHA
Workout:
3-4x a week

#8 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

Chocolate doesnt cause acne
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#9 blizzy

blizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (acne_battle @ Sep 11 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it may not be the underlying cause but it definately aggravates it in people prone to acne. the whole study done that chocolate doesnt cause acne was funded by the chocolate industry and it wasnt even an effective study

#10 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 12 September 2008 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (blizzy @ Sep 11 2008, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (acne_battle @ Sep 11 2008, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it may not be the underlying cause but it definately aggravates it in people prone to acne. the whole study done that chocolate doesnt cause acne was funded by the chocolate industry and it wasnt even an effective study

People only say chocolate gives acne cause of Cow milk and sugars added...

=|
Best way to make your skin smooth and clear eventually:

Plant-based diet is the best medicine for everything.. That's if you consume at least 80% raw, mainly from veggies and fruits.
Exercising: cardio is great for skin and lifting a bit.
Thinking positive and try not to stress or think about acne.

I am doing these and my skin is currently very smooth and clearing up!
I am a vegan raw 100%. I feel better, have more energy, saving animals a year, glow skin, I look younger, etc.

#11 One_Love

One_Love

do something different

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:52 AM

chocolate can make acne more severe if you eat a good amount of it for me at least

#12 UFOrescue

UFOrescue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2008 - 11:38 AM

Edited by UFOrescue, 07 January 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#13 ariellestar1234

ariellestar1234

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (UFO @ Sep 12 2008, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can definately see why you are popular with the girls, handsome. Honestly, I don't think acne could make you any less attractive. You really look absolutely stunning! smile.gif So, don't worry about any small bumps. Just stick with your diet if it's working for you.

Thanks for sharing. I feel a lot better now, hearing another success story.

And oh, one question: Do you have any kind of external regimen, or do you solely rely on your diet?

Right..thats what I was thinking when I saw his picture....acne or not he still is cute.
Some people even with acne/bumps/flares are still good looking,
It almost puts an edgy flaw on that person... making them seem more human..whilst some people ,if they have the tiniest little scar or pimple, it totally throws their look off, and if they did not have that flaw they would be considered then cute/attractive again.. .soo weird right.

OMG, we sooo hijacked this thread...lol. lol.gif
"we may encounter many defeats,but we must not be defeated".

#14 blizzy

blizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:25 PM

before the diet i also stumbled upon sum good testimonials for carly's smooth and clear treatment (seriously this is the BEST the best benzoyl peroxide treatment) and used that for like a good 2 months(while eating healthy because i was looking to get bigger and got really into bodybuilding) and i really liked it and it was working but then after i broke up with my long term relationship g/f( love of my life lol) my dietary habbits started to ween ( also stopped going to the gym all together) because i started hanging out with friends alot more and drank alchohol, smoked weed and ate junk food most of the time so i started breaking out all over my forehead even with the carly's smooth and clear treatment and then i decided to say "fuk her shes not worth me destroying myself over" i started working out and really looked into dieting to get clear skin and get bigger. lol only reason i came upon this board is becuz i remember being self conciouse of my acne when i was like 16 and i actually came on this board but was not a member and decided to try dans regimen but it didnt work for me so i decided to come back and try and help as many people who are frustrated with all this shit they have to slather on their face and obsess over every little pimple they get because i use to be like that. i still use the carly's smooth and clear and it helps but diet is the main part because when i start eating junk food no matter how much i use the treatment the pimples always come back.

also what really got me into the diet was the fact that how the tribes dr.cordain observed never had a single case of acne because they only ate what they grew or hunted.
also if anyones interested in the carly's smooth and clear treatment let me tell you it is wonderful!!!! it has bp in it but not the nasty side effects on ur skin like dry skin and darker looking skin around your mouth and chin. if you try it youll never ever want to wash your face with anything other than their natural soap ever again!

#15 KenScofield

KenScofield

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

I break out when I have a deficit of something in my diet, not a surplus.

#16 tobias

tobias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:17 AM

I'm curious brother, how do you get put onto the book? You sound like you literally stumbled on it.

*We need to be promoting books on this site more, it will save so much time for all of us.

Experimenting with:
-no grains bar rice cakes, gluten-free bread & buckwheat pancakes, of which in moderation. Aim for <50g carbs/day
-daily exercise

What breaks me out: some pastuerised dairy, gluten, SUGAR, probably starch and lectins, sleep deprivation, lack of sun, stress, some other b*tch of a thing I'm yet to discover

#17 blizzy

blizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

well i stumbled upon this book through another site actually. since im into bodybuilding i also read bodybuilding articles on nutrition and excersise and stuff so i was reading this article on a wll known bodybuilding site called t-nation.com

#18 blizzy

blizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

here is the exerpt from the article

Zap Your Zits

Q: I still have acne, even in my late 20s. For years I heard that what you eat doesn't affect acne. Is that true?

A: Yeah it's about as true as the idea that you can't get pregnant if it's your first time.

The idea that diet has nothing to do with acne is an old wives' tale that first gained traction due to some really shady studies funded by the chocolate industry back in 1969. It's bullshit.

I talk about some of the causes of acne in my book, The Most Effective Cures on Earth, where I discuss it in more detail, but the bottom line is that only a tiny percentage of people in hunter-gatherer and rural societies have acne, and a big percentage of those eating a Western diet do.

And in 2002, Loren Cordain, PhD, put the nail in the "no connection between diet and acne" coffin with a study showing not a single case of acne in two non-westernized populations his research team studied. These guys ate tubers, fruit, fish, and coconut.

In other words, the best diet for acne is the Paleolithic diet of our hunter-gatherer ancestors, food from what I like to call the four food groups: food you could fish, hunt, gather, or pluck.

For a really well-researched, well-argued point of view about diet and acne (and how to cure it), check out Cordain's The Dietary Cure for Acne, available as an online download.

Bottom line: The Western diet with all its sugar and starch and white crap carbs may turn on the same genes and upregulate the same hormones that aggravate acne. You can test this for yourself quite easily: If your food doesn't resemble something you could have come across on the savannah in Africa, don't eat it.

#19 tobias

tobias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2008 - 03:45 AM

I have just ordered the book biggrin.gif

Experimenting with:
-daily exercise

#20 blizzy

blizzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:45 PM

cool man, i really hope it helps u as much as it has helped me