Photo

Please Help me with my Red Marks

red mark hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jetsfan

Jetsfan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

Hello everyone. I am a 19 year old male. I have had acne for a few years but never really anything bad. Just a few pimples here and there.

Earlier this year around April, I started getting really bad acne. I had a bunch of pimples forming in one spot on my right cheek. There was about 7 of them just bundled up and they wouldn't go away. Then around June I had the exact same thing happen on my left cheek. it was very weird. So I finally saw a dermatologist in June and got pills and cream. Well after about a month of taking the pills, my pimples went down but they have left 2 very bad red marks on each of my cheeks. It just looks horrible. My pimples went down about a month and half ago so thats how long these scars have been there. I don't to look at anyone or talk to anyone, I look ugly and I know people notice it and think Its bad.

I keep applying this Tretinoin cream that I got from the Derm back in june, but it is doing nothing at all. These marks just stay there and it really really sucks. I've just been depressed and I pray they go away. I tried a few things I read on this board like apple cider vinegar, but that just made them even redder.

So finally I signed up here and I would like to know if anyone has some advice. Can you please help me get rid of these things. Here are some pictures. Thanks.

Attached Files

#2 Jatt

Jatt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (Jetsfan @ Sep 8 2008, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone. I am a 19 year old male. I have had acne for a few years but never really anything bad. Just a few pimples here and there.

Earlier this year around April, I started getting really bad acne. I had a bunch of pimples forming in one spot on my right cheek. There was about 7 of them just bundled up and they wouldn't go away. Then around June I had the exact same thing happen on my left cheek. it was very weird. So I finally saw a dermatologist in June and got pills and cream. Well after about a month of taking the pills, my pimples went down but they have left 2 very bad red marks on each of my cheeks. It just looks horrible. My pimples went down about a month and half ago so thats how long these scars have been there. I don't to look at anyone or talk to anyone, I look ugly and I know people notice it and think Its bad.

I keep applying this Tretinoin cream that I got from the Derm back in june, but it is doing nothing at all. These marks just stay there and it really really sucks. I've just been depressed and I pray they go away. I tried a few things I read on this board like apple cider vinegar, but that just made them even redder.

So finally I signed up here and I would like to know if anyone has some advice. Can you please help me get rid of these things. Here are some pictures. Thanks.

Hey, man thank god you posted here. I am 19 too and I have the same red marks on my cheeks too that look exactly like yours. Same spot too and the funny thing is thats the only part I have them around my face. I was also on the retin-a for about a month but it did nothing to remove the redness from my cheeks. Im wearing sunscreen everyday and thats slightly helping but I'm ready to order something that has actual vitamins that will help the healing process. Someone help this guy out and me

#3 Jetsfan

Jetsfan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

Me too, it's just those 2 spots on each cheek that are bad. I have very few dots anywhere else and i really dont care about them. I just want to get rid of these so bad.

#4 bran88

bran88

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:05 PM

you could try azelex, I really like it.

#5 jackson23

jackson23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:30 PM

don't use acv on those

#6 Jatt

Jatt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

acv? Im thinking about just using bio oil or tree tea oil to help the red marks fade away while using spf 30 during the day

#7 kevin El

kevin El

Kevin - Navy Seal/Rapper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:59 PM

yeah whats ACV

I Have THe red Spots...only theyr on my Forearm From a outbreak of acne i had.
[sig-img:339]
I got a beautiful wife, kids and a gorgeous home.
What would make me Jump in a tub with a cordless Phone?
Im Straight Viscouse ill Hit you with plates and dishes,
Leave you with 8 stiches,
I Hate Snitches What im Gay Because I hate *itches,
But dont act nice to me ive had it with girls,
and ill still be mad at the word even If you all apologized to me,
And i said it and i ment it,
ill throw a stroller at you...with a baby in it

Personal Pics -
http://www.acne.org/...55#entry2397955

Support Acne.org Poetry-
http://www.acne.org/...p...t&p=2399360

#8 AnabolicSlim

AnabolicSlim

John McEnroe is my hero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:05 PM

Dans AHA+. people say it evens out skin tone and reduces red marks. im using it and so far so good

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#aha1
Let me out of this place I'm outta place
I'm in in outter space, I've just vanished without a trace
I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow
I'll be back in an hour or so

#9 jonmuz

jonmuz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

relatively the same redness over here too, looking for some solutions if anyone can enlighten

#10 ipunk

ipunk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

I think Aspirin+honey/Aloe mask OR Baking soda+egg white mask will do. . .

#11 jackson23

jackson23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

acv is apple cider vinegar

#12 iLuvBluE

iLuvBluE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:35 AM

my derm gave me a chemical peel 2 months ago for my red marks. they arent as noticeable now, but they hadnt completely disappeared either. i wouldnt try it again unless i can stay at home for at least 2 weeks, that was how long it took for me to recover from my last peel.