Photo

When did your IB start & end....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#21 Short2003

Short2003

nom nom nomming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (sallytomato @ Sep 20 2008, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you guys use topicals to tame the IB?

Not yet.. Im more concerned about scaring, seems that the topicals leave scars, well in my case anyway

#22 eshepar2

eshepar2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

This is a wonderful blog! Seriously, I'm so grateful that I can discuss this with people who understand. 

I'm on day 6 of accutane and my initial breakout (IB) started either yesterday or today - it's hard to tell what would have happened naturally/hormonally and what's due to the accutane. I started getting dry lips around day 4 though. 

I'm also on spironolactone still ( just finishing out this months prescription). Has anyone taken spiro on accutane? and also, should/could you use topical gels on pimples if necessary? e.g. retin A or erythromycin benzyl peroxide gel?

Thanks!!

-Elizabeth

#23 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Be sure you are hydrating well if you're on spiro and accutane...spiro is a diuretic.

I'm on day 16 and definitely am having a serious initial breakout. I've given up on worrying about my appearance all the time, maybe cuz I've dealt with acne for the last ten years....however, these cysts are painful! So bad.  I continued my usually breakouts until the last 2 days when I've noticed it is getting worse and worse.  Starting with three biggies on my back.

Do these monsters come to a head---I just can't imagine since they are so deep!---or do they typical just decrease is size and go away??  I have one on my chin the size of a marble.