Photo

Is your acne itchy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#21 richmond

richmond

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

hmm sometimes i do get a head... BUT most of the time its just a red mark after been itchy. Sometimes it will itch for a couple of days... leaving a red mark afterwards (no head). the mark can last to up a month.

I wash it, ice it - itching never stops
1995 - 2002: Acne all over face

Jun 2003 - April 2007: Cleared face - water only. [Melbourne]

April 2007 - Now: New City [Sydney]. Itchy skin - red marks. Developed Cysts mainly on the right hand side of the face.

#22 frustratedgirl

frustratedgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 53
About Me

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

I have been convinced that my moderate to sever acne was not acne because it does itch so bad. My derm says is def acne but I didnt think it was suppose to itch. Its not enough looking bad but the itch is unberable at times and for days. I am not taking any meds and the only thing I use on m face is differin but the itch was there way before I started it. My neck and cheeks itch the worst and right now I have one spot under my eye that to me looks like a hive. It is itchying like crazy. Ughhh I can't wait til this gets better. Back to the derm tomorrow.

#23 JRJ

JRJ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:30 PM

mine's itchy too, but only when new ones are forming it seems. i don't think moisturizing would help me thou since my face is anything but dry.

#24 frustratedgirl

frustratedgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 53
About Me

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

Today was my appt with the 20 derms I had mentioned above. It was a quick visit, consisted of my derm and alll the other ones coming in the room. My derm gave a quick recap to everyone and then they all looked at me. They asked a few questions and then met with each other to talk. My derm came back in and said everyone thinks it is either yeast or hormonal, lol. I have been asking if it was yeast for some time now... He said he wanted to run labs and check my hormone levels (why didn't you do this after my 1st, 2nd or 3rd appt I was thinking). In the mean time he gave me a script for an oral anti fungal med. 200 mg a day that I am to take Mon, Wed and Fri for 3 weeks. He said no need to test for yeast because all results come back positive since everyone has yeast. I wonder to what degree though. Shouldn't there be a way to test how much yeast? He said if I am better after 3 weeks then yeast is the problem and if it doesn't help then its not. He said the only side effect I would likely notice is a metalic taste in my mouth and that if it isnt yeats, taking the med wont hurt anything. I am wondering if I should give it a go or not. What do you guys think? Has anyone had experience with taking the oral med? Also he said we may try spironolaqctone if the lab work suggest hormones. My face isnt oily though and I heard hair loss is a side effect of that. So here I am still not knowing what to do. I leave for FLA on Fri and am worried the humid weather may make this stuff worse, ughh.

#25 richmond

richmond

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

let us know how you go on this.

I suspect i might have fungul acne too... because it gets red and itchy alot...
1995 - 2002: Acne all over face

Jun 2003 - April 2007: Cleared face - water only. [Melbourne]

April 2007 - Now: New City [Sydney]. Itchy skin - red marks. Developed Cysts mainly on the right hand side of the face.

#26 summerfalls

summerfalls

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:24 AM

Yes, i get that too once in awhile, esp when my hair gets in the way. sad.gif

#27 paulvg

paulvg

Samick Greg Bennett Royale Line Guitars' Rocks!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:15 AM

Sometimes,yes..but I resist/avoid to scratch it... eusa_naughty.gif
A guitar world word of warning here: don't become obsessed with sounding like one particular player and sounding exactly like him. Even if you manage that, the best you can expect from it is to play in a band covering his material and/or be forever known as the guy who 'imitates that other famous guy'.

#28 perfectsymmetry

perfectsymmetry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

So I just joined yesterday and I'm not sure how in all the past years of battling acne I didn't stumble across this site. As I type this... my face is itchy!! I just finished watching this video since someone on this thread mentioned "FaceDoctor" soap:

Ewww!! But during this past year, most of my acne has been concentrated on either sides of my face close to my hair line but also on my cheeks (usually one side predominates making me think it's mostly what side I sleep on). I've bought Arm & Hammer detergent, I tried a blood-type specific diet for a while, used proactive and numerous other creams (like every other person here, right?)

But a gut feeling is telling me that this is definitely a main culprit...these little mites...grosse! Especially since...I think they usually do get itchy at night (I'll have to pay more attention to this to make sure). Right now my regimen is:

AM:

- Clean face with sensitive skin wash (from an aesthetician I visited couple months ago)
- Wash with Sulfur (I don't usually do this part, I'll admit though maybe I'll start again)
- Apply 4-5 drops of 10% glycolic acid
- Apply a thin layer of this thing called "blue gel" that supposedly pushes water into your skin and hydrates it
- aply a thin layer of Aveeno Positively Radiant SPF 30 cream

PM:

- Clean face with sensitive skin wash
- Apply 4-5 drops of 10% glycolic acid
- Apply thin layer of blue gel
- And then I will apply the sulfur mask just on the visible pimples, cysts (these are the bumpy red things right?) etc.

itcchhhyy....

Gonna go shower/wash hair. Maybe keep my hair out of my face for most of this week. Drink more water. Do more meditation and yoga. (Going hiking tmrw!) smile.gif

And...don't know...I'll order this FaceDoctor thing and try it out.

#29 E17

E17

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:55 PM

My acne is so f**kin itchy, and it has been for months now. I have no idea why, cause i thaught acne wasnt suppose to be itchy. my derm put me on accutane, so now my skin is so sensitive too. and if i scratch my face now, ill usually end up bleeding:(
is it fungal acne? and is fungul acne chronic?gasp.gif

i was also thinkin about that it could be some kind of allergy? but i have no idea.
All i know is that its killing me so bad

thx for answer
http://myaccutanecure.blogspot.com/ -with pics- My accutane cure severe cystic acne conglobata

Started 17th of November
40 mg/day all months.

#30 .moogle.

.moogle.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Frenchygirly @ Aug 22 2008, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the same problem when my skin got dry, it's really itchy. Steaming my face and then rubbing argane oil very gently is helpful.

oh my god, someone who feels my pain! tongue.gif

yeah seriously sometimes it's so bad i can't help but just pull my own hair and bite my lip to ease it a lil bit.
it's also easy to forget how it feels until you feel another one coming.
horrible just horrible

#31 adamrodriguez

adamrodriguez

those that hate me love acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (tazzor @ Aug 22 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... the itch is killing me!!! I know I shouldn't touch them, but its making me go crazy...

Having acne is bad enough already, it sucks more when the itch constantly reminds you that you have acne...

Is it just me?

your skin is screaming for moisturizer, thats why.
How To Wash Your Face The Right Way

Product Ingredients To Avoid

Why Moisturizer Is Important

products I currently use:
L'Bri Pure N Natural Deep Pore Cleanser & Oil-Free Moisturizer
Forever Living Products "Aloe Vera Gelly" Moisturizer

#32 123123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 20 December 2008 - 07:05 AM

My acne has never been itchy, they have only been painful

#33 Mamimi

Mamimi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

Occasionally my acne is itchy. it only seems to be my cystic acne that itches. Hate it when you are in public and the last thing you want is someone to catch you OR say something like don't touch your face no wonder you have acne. >.<

#34 reyxe

reyxe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (tazzor @ Aug 22 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... the itch is killing me!!! I know I shouldn't touch them, but its making me go crazy...

Having acne is bad enough already, it sucks more when the itch constantly reminds you that you have acne...

Is it just me?

I thought I'm alone with the itchiness!.............. It's so itchy I feel like there are worms in my face!............. uhhhhhhhhhhhh yuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkk!.... did I just said that........... wahahahahahaa.... itchy f***

#35 Jry0318

Jry0318

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

Mine itches too! Sometimes, not thinking, i forget they are there and scratch it, then it hurts like heck because they are so sore!!

#36 dontownatv

dontownatv

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:22 AM

I have been suffering with acne for 17 years. During break out times (when I'm not on some kind of prescription strength med) my acne has always itched. It's always the impacted ones, the ones that are swollen, without a visible head. I just stopped using proactive about 3 weeks ago (Proactive also made my entire face itch, but that's just because BP is a poor quality anti-bacterial product) & I have a few more breakouts than I had on it, but much less itch.

I can't wait to go back on Tazorac cream & Clindagel if my derm "grants" my request to do so. I am going back to the dermatologist in 2 weeks after trying Proactive for 2 years without success. Those 2 meds cleared me up so well, & I can't wait to be clear again, partially because I am just tired of the itch. One of the worst parts about acne is the itch, & people without acne NEVER understand!

My advice to acne sufferers with itchy acne:

-"Scratch it" gently with a warm (not hot) moist washcloth rather than your fingers or finger nails. -Use Rosebud's Salve on healing ones to help them along more quickly (weird but it works). -Don't allow your acne to sunburn. -Use a facewash with salicylic acid. -Keep your face & body clean.-Drink lots & lots of high quality bottled or filtered water (not tap water, which has tons of toxic chemicals in it). -Visit a dermatologist! It is unlikely that any med you can get without a prescription will clear your acne completely, & as long as new pimples are forming, you're going to be itching!

#37 pupcake

pupcake

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:52 AM

My acne has definitely been itchy. It's always the deep, painful cystic acne that itches and for me it's always on my chin! Ugh!

#38 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

Sometimes I get itchy acne cysts and pustules; sometimes I don't. The itching doesn't seem to be related to the type of acne or the area affected.

I also get weird milia, minor keratosis (outgrowths of skin) in random areas, and age spots. In fact, I don't think that I have any normal skin anymore. It all seems like scar tissue on top of scar tissue. The only normal skin is on my neck!

#39 peaches3450

peaches3450

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

I have the same problem, mainly with the bumps on my jawline. I think it's a side effect of stronger acne meds doing their thing. As my acne subsides with the topical mediciation I'm using (Tazorac 0.1% gel), it continues to itch sometimes but less and less; hopefully it stops all together once I'm clear *crosses my fingers*

I find that stratching it doesn't help anyway, and touches/scratching your face is BAAAD so try to keep your hands OFF your face!
Started Accutane (Claravis) on July 20, 2009!

My regimen:
Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser morning and night
Moisturize with Olay Complete Sensitive Skin SPF 15 in the morning, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream at night (works great for the whole body!)
Month 1: 40 mgs daily
Month 2-6: 80 mgs daily

Aquaphor on my lips constantly
8-10 cups of water a day
Aviane birth control (generic Alesse)

#40 wowowee

wowowee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

this is my problem right now. especially at the middle of my day for example when im outside the red itchy spot will just come out and i dont know what causes that. this red itchy spot dont form into a pimple but sometimes it do. the red itchy spot in my face go away for minuites or even hours. the darker and itchier the spot is the more it is hard to go away. what do you think is the coz of this??
wowowee sinung di ma wiwilie???