Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tazzor

Is your acne itchy?

45 posts in this topic

... the itch is killing me!!! I know I shouldn't touch them, but its making me go crazy...

Having acne is bad enough already, it sucks more when the itch constantly reminds you that you have acne...

Is it just me?

Yeah its tingles a little bit but thats why you have to put a moisturizer

I have the same problem when my skin got dry, it's really itchy. Steaming my face and then rubbing argane oil very gently is helpful.

Yeah it's really annoying at school when you're in a class, feel the bumps coming to the surface and the constant itching... Horrible. You can never be sure if a huge one has just surfaced or if it's just itching for some other reason.

1 person likes this

yup I have breakouts on my jawline area and sometime they are itchy, I thin because they are drying up because of the BP.

trust me man your not the only one with that problem.. when i was severe a couple months back i honestly wanted to just take a potato peeler and just go to work on the cysts because they were huge and nagging as hell with the itching and the sight of them..

Mines itchy not because they're try.. just because they're inflammed I think.... damn it, I hope I don't scratch them in my sleep...

Does everyone think its a good idea to put a bandaid on it in my sleep? Or does my skin need air to breath...

I wasn't able to put on moisturizer today due to being out and not knowing, HOLY SHIT. Incredably itchy all day, hurt too. I had to keep a really strait face because something as simple as smiling or laughing hurt it was so dry.

And tazzor, acne can't live in an oxygenated enviroment, so therefore restricting air flow will only make it worse.

happens to me once in awhile 2 although i just have red marks

Let me out of this place I'm outta place

I'm in in outter space, I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so

my skin gets really itchy too, i know its not cause my skin is dry cause i have very oily skin. I know this may sound really crazy but I take anti-histamines when my skin is itchy

I have moderate acne and yes my face itches all over.

My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen

Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash

Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles

Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen

Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls

starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only

Apply Differin to face and chest

Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream

Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream

Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

happens to me once in awhile 2 although i just have red marks

i think i have the same thing as you. i get icthy red marks sometimes, and it doesnt become a pimple most of the time. just stays there red, leaves a mark. Sometimes of the time there is no bump.

and my skin isnt dry... i tried mostoirisers and it didnt work!

1995 - 2002: Acne all over face

Jun 2003 - April 2007: Cleared face - water only. [Melbourne]

April 2007 - Now: New City [sydney]. Itchy skin - red marks. Developed Cysts mainly on the right hand side of the face.

The itch is the worst part! Especially when it's a big swollen cyst that just sitting in your jawline making it hard to even smile. Then there's that constant itch mocking you to make sure you don't forget it's there. Horrible feeling. I think the itch is when your white blood cells start attacking the trapped bacteria in the pore. It could be due to mites too.

So is minnee!! I agree with enlighten me.. i think it has a lot to do w.mites! I started using FaceDoctor soap, and it's gotten soo much better!! I've been using it 3 1/2 months.. my acne is finally going away!! I've "tried EVERYTHING"! When you're going through the major die off, you will break out so badly! THAT itches, because they are going crazy dying i guess lol- but it's worth it! My skin without acne is sooo soft! & my red marks on my cheeks are fading too!

Then there's that constant itch mocking you to make sure you don't forget it's there. Horrible feeling. I think the itch is when your white blood cells start attacking the trapped bacteria in the pore. It could be due to mites too.

Interesting. I never thought about that. that could be my problem.. i only use water. but if it itches SOMETIMES when i put some alcohol wipes it feels better

April 2007 - Now: New City [sydney]. Itchy skin - red marks. Developed Cysts mainly on the right hand side of the face.

Then there's that constant itch mocking you to make sure you don't forget it's there. Horrible feeling. I think the itch is when your white blood cells start attacking the trapped bacteria in the pore. It could be due to mites too.

Interesting. I never thought about that. that could be my problem.. i only use water. but if it itches SOMETIMES when i put some alcohol wipes it feels better

I came to that conclusion because everytime they itch, they get filled with puss and come to a head. When they don't itch, they never come to a head or get puss. The itch must be a result of the immune response to whatever the problem is. Puss is a result of white blood cells and toxins that die off in battle.

hmm sometimes i do get a head... BUT most of the time its just a red mark after been itchy. Sometimes it will itch for a couple of days... leaving a red mark afterwards (no head). the mark can last to up a month.

I wash it, ice it - itching never stops

I have been convinced that my moderate to sever acne was not acne because it does itch so bad. My derm says is def acne but I didnt think it was suppose to itch. Its not enough looking bad but the itch is unberable at times and for days. I am not taking any meds and the only thing I use on m face is differin but the itch was there way before I started it. My neck and cheeks itch the worst and right now I have one spot under my eye that to me looks like a hive. It is itchying like crazy. Ughhh I can't wait til this gets better. Back to the derm tomorrow.

mine's itchy too, but only when new ones are forming it seems. i don't think moisturizing would help me thou since my face is anything but dry.

Today was my appt with the 20 derms I had mentioned above. It was a quick visit, consisted of my derm and alll the other ones coming in the room. My derm gave a quick recap to everyone and then they all looked at me. They asked a few questions and then met with each other to talk. My derm came back in and said everyone thinks it is either yeast or hormonal, lol. I have been asking if it was yeast for some time now... He said he wanted to run labs and check my hormone levels (why didn't you do this after my 1st, 2nd or 3rd appt I was thinking). In the mean time he gave me a script for an oral anti fungal med. 200 mg a day that I am to take Mon, Wed and Fri for 3 weeks. He said no need to test for yeast because all results come back positive since everyone has yeast. I wonder to what degree though. Shouldn't there be a way to test how much yeast? He said if I am better after 3 weeks then yeast is the problem and if it doesn't help then its not. He said the only side effect I would likely notice is a metalic taste in my mouth and that if it isnt yeats, taking the med wont hurt anything. I am wondering if I should give it a go or not. What do you guys think? Has anyone had experience with taking the oral med? Also he said we may try spironolaqctone if the lab work suggest hormones. My face isnt oily though and I heard hair loss is a side effect of that. So here I am still not knowing what to do. I leave for FLA on Fri and am worried the humid weather may make this stuff worse, ughh.

let us know how you go on this.

I suspect i might have fungul acne too... because it gets red and itchy alot...