Photo

Should I just stop the medications for now?

1 reply to this topic

#1 ClaraLoassa

ClaraLoassa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:29 AM

Hi everyone!

I've just been prescribed Doryx antibiotics, Klaron lotion, and Differin for spot treatment.

This is going to sound incredibly fickle, but oh well. I'm in a long distance relationship and my boyfriend is visiting me again in approximately 4 weeks.

I've heard these medications can really make your skin breakout badly, when you first start using them, and then can clear you after.

The thing is, I don't want to see him with a very bad breakout; we're only together a week.

Do you think I should just stop those medications for now? I've only been on them 2 days...maybe I can pick them up again in 5 weeks time?

Plus, I'm on oral contraceptives (Microgestin 1.5/30) and I don't want the Doryx to interfere too much with the birth control.

So I dunno, is 4 weeks enough time to have the initial worsening and get over it, or is it better to play it safe and just not use the stuff until after he leaves?

#2 Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Ice Queen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me
  • Interests:music, design, fashion, art, shopping, the beach, the ocean, reading, drawing, writing, sleeping, food, architecture, romanticism, idealism, travel, makeup, cartoons

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

I don't tend to get initial breakouts. You know your skin...does it tend to break out with new products? If not, then don't worry too much. I
f I were you, I'd start them now, because 4 weeks is probably enough time to adjust to them anyway.
Does your derm know what BC pill you are on? The derm & pharmacist should be able to tell you if anything could interfere with your BC pill. Call them and make sure!

Nature of the Beast: Moderate, inflammatory, several cysts, large pores & very oily
Current Status: Very mild overall, with some red marks & mild "bumpiness" on chin (possible scarring).
Use: Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser or Acne.org Cleanser / Acne.org 2.5% BP day & night / Acne.org Moisturizer for day / DHC Cleansing Oil or Neutrogena Towlettes to remove makeup at night / Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Creme at night

Makeup: Stila Stay All Day Foundation in Light 2 or Beige 3. Cover FX compact powder in 10.

-----

"People understand me so little that they do not even understand when I complain of being misunderstood." - Søren Kierkegaard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users